KC v SF game 7!!!

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

KC v SF game 7!!!

Postby brinstar » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:06 pm

i know there's a fair amount of baseball haters here but game 7 dang

i'm pulling for KC myself, because a) it's my brother's favorite team, b) they are the closest team to LNK, and c) the giants have enjoyed plenty of success recently plus c.2) i hate dynasties in sports

starts in an hour
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Re: KC v SF game 7!!!

Postby Jay » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:06 am

Madison Bumgarner holy fucking shit. You can't get more clutch than that. I hear what you're saying about dynasties but you gotta appreciate the excellence there. Also, Sandoval was batting .429 and broke the single post season hits record.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:22 am

basically the bumgarner/panda show yeah

god what a painful way to lose the WS though - going down after an 11th hour single puts tying run on third? aaaaaggggggghhhhhh
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Arlos » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:22 pm

It wouldn't be a Giants' postseason without one extra little bit of torture... I was watching the game by that point, and when that happened, every single Giants fan (including myself) was either running around the room screaming crazily with their arms flailing about in panic, or just collapsed on the floor in the fetal position rocking back and forth. (Or at least did one of those things mentally)

Just absolutely ridiculous by Bumgarner, who now has an ERA of 0.25 in the World Series, a postseason performance that many (including Curt Schilling) are calling the greatest postseason performance in the history of the game, AND 3 rings before his 26th birthday.... Like the talking heads said, you know historic greatness when you see it, and we sure as fuck saw it this series from Bumgarner.

I'm really curious to hear Xaivier's thoughts on this series, if he is still paying any attention to this forum at all.

Also, Brin, at least in the Giants' case, they've built this dynasty (if you want to call it that) on completely homegrown players. Sure, there's a few people they got through free agency, there always is, but look at the core elements: Bumgarner, Panda, Posey, Brandon Belt, etc. You can even add in players from the previous wins that didn't factor into this one, like Lincecum, Matt Cain, Brian Wilson, etc. I dunno about you, but I think you can look on a dynasty differently if it's a team that grew organically, rather than a situation where someone just tried to buy their way into a super-team.

-Arlos

PS. Speaking of free agency, the Giants damn well better re-sign Panda....
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:45 pm

i know all that, and it definitely makes a difference vs past dyna$tie$ like bo$ton/yankee$ and even a fair chunk of those cardinal teams

but still, 3 out of 5? get the fuck outta here, time for some fresh blood :)
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby brinstar » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:18 pm

the facebook page of our local paper likes to ask questions about stories it reports on to get people talking bla bla bla

but yesterday when it posted the story about (former husker) alex gordon's 9th inning hustle, the question was "do you think the royals 3rd base coach should have waved him home?"

i didn't bother reading the comments because it was a pretty stupid question. first of all, he stopped on third right before the SS got the relay a few yards into LF. second of all, gordon is by no means a speed demon. i guess there's always the risk of a bad throw, but based on the distance of the throw and gordon's speed, i think they would have had him easily by at least 30 feet and it would've been super embarrassing for everyone involved
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Return to Sports and LEEZure