NBA Finals

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Re: NBA Finals

Postby Jay » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:14 am

I don't think he's really into pregnant women though...
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby vonkaar » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:54 pm

leah wrote::angel: :colflash: :wub: :brinstar: :lourdes: :darcler: :PEENER: :teehee: :dygel: :chica: :boobs: :balloons: :boots:

whoah, I remember creating or at least adding most of those emotes, and the reasons for their placement. Brinstar is the only one still around from those, yeah? :lourdes: - lourdes; :darcler: - darcler, :colflash: - colby(something something). :peener: used to be for Taxx but that got renamed. Mindia used to have one, though he abused the shit one forever.

Anyway...

Thoughts on the draft? I like our one pick... good fit and a good pick for as low as we had. Justin Anderson was a beast in college and has the athleticism to do well in the big league. Then, we picked an Indian Shaq who has never played organized basketball outside of the prep-school he attended. 7'2", 290lbs and he's pretty stocky t'boot. Except, he's never even played a Div-3 college game; not even multiple seasons in team-centered high school play. Still, he's a big fucking dude and moves fairly well. I'm all for the experiment.

LOLZ
@ Rondo when LA picked Russell with their 2nd pick
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Jay » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:29 pm

Love back with the Cavs @@. No way Thompson gonna see max money now.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:59 pm

Looks like he's close to a 5 year 80 million dollar deal, crazy as it sounds.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby vonkaar » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:47 am

There was a time where you had to be a top-5 player to get $20m/year. Hell, Lebron only broke $20m with that last deal going back to CLE. New money, new deals. So far we have:

Kevin Love: $109 million, five years - 5th year player option
Brook Lopez: $60 million, three years (holy fuck, really??)
Paul Millsap: $59 million, three years
Kawhi Leonard: $90 million, five years
Jimmy Butler: $95 million, five years - 5th year player option
Goran Dragic: $90 million, five years - 5th year player option

this is bonkers, hell Aaron Aflalo just became an $8 million dollar guy. This is nuts!
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Zanchief » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:45 am

DeMarre Carroll getting 60 million over 4 years is pretty crazy too.

I actually think Afflalo is on a pretty good deal considering what others got. He had a down year, but that's a value contract, sad to say.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Jay » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:17 am

Draymond got 85 for 5

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Arlos » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:29 pm

Meanwhile, Steph Curry is making 11.3m next year, and 12.1m the year after that. Best value in the NBA?
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:41 pm

Without a doubt.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby vonkaar » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:37 pm

So now... we've lost Tyson Chandler, Al-Fariq Amiu, & Monta Ellis.

Which means the Mavs currently have:

1) Devin Harris
2) Nothing
3) Chandler Parsons
4) Dirk Nowitzki (age 37)
5) Nothing

Then we have Dwight Powell, for... something. That's it. 4 players on contract as of right now.

If we somehow sign DeAndre Jordan, do I celebrate? I mean, look at that roster... and look at the remaining FAs. Who's running the show? Mo Williams? We don't even have any assets for a S&T so looking at other teams' point-guards is futile. Yes, we have a shitload of money to spend. But all of the FAs are signing and leaving. Even if we somehow bring Aldridge home, what then? Solid 5, solid 4, solid 3... and no point guard. So, why would Jordan take that? The clippers have a solid 5, a solid 4, solid 3... and the best PG in the league.

Good thing the Cowboys are looking great.
Last edited by vonkaar on Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby vonkaar » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:39 pm

Arlos wrote:Meanwhile, Steph Curry is making 11.3m next year, and 12.1m the year after that. Best value in the NBA?

http://hoopshype.com/2015/07/02/stephen ... cheap-mvp/

Steph Curry is the 4th highest player on his TEAM.

A bargain contract by any measure.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Zanchief » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:09 pm

This new cap puts people in a weird place. You have first dibs at making a big splash at what will be an under market max contract, but you don't have enough space to fill your roster with the current cap. We're in a similar spot. Hear you're making a big push for Aldridge and Matthews which should fill out a few spots. Still need a PG though. Word is Lowry might be available. Another word, he's a little crazy. Last word, I don't think you have any assets to trade for him.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby vonkaar » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:28 pm

so...

My beloved franchise, my favorite team in my favorite sport, a team I've been following since I was 11 years old... is back in the deep end of the shitter. All in a single day. Apparently, Jordan isn't even taking calls from anyone in Dallas right now. It's done. And we don't even have a god damned thing for the future. Parsons can opt out next year. Dirk will be retiring soon. We have nothing. We're the 76ers, before all of their high draft picks. Even worse - unless we totally tank or get lucky in the lottery, our draft pick goes to Boston (1-7 protected, until 2020). So the best hope for us is to do exactly as Philly has, and lose HARD for the next 3-4 years. What a way for Dirk to retire.

There's no way that any team in the West is worse than us in '15/'16, and I can't imagine either NYK or PHI finishing lower than us. This is a wrecked team and the damage is as bad as any I've ever seen.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Snero » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:34 am

to be honest, you're better off without DJ...

He's a solid player with a good point guard but without paul to feed him lobs, there's no way he puts out similar stats, and the mavs don't have a PG at all (unless you're counting on barea?) The Mavs are better off keeping the salary cap space and trying to rebuild. Its sad to see what was well managed, run into the ground trying to make that big free agent score.

p.s. a smart man never underestimates the knicks ability to self destruct, and play horrible basketball
Snero
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Zanchief » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:03 am

If Denver and the Knicks both tank this year Toronto could have a lottery pick ... that we got for ... Andrea Bargnani.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Jay » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:07 pm

Deandre Jordon can BARELY set up his own shots. He's great defensively, and he can get rebounds, but his offense is too dependent on having a high level PG. He's not trash by any means, but he's very limited.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:54 pm

Take it all back, Vonk. You guys got ZaZa. When's the parade?
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby vonkaar » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:23 pm

I wish they'd stop signing people and just go full-on tank mode. I like Deron Williams, even broken Deron... but I'd rather sign Shawn Bradley and Derek Harper at this point. Let's go for 9 wins.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Snero » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:12 pm

why stop at Shawn Bradley, wouldn't it be great if the mavs signed the entire space jam roster?

Deron is pretty broken. I think it's a pretty good move. Local kid comes home, can light it up a few games a year but in general is a shell of what he once was. (boy do I feel like an idiot for thinking Deron was a better player than Chris Paul)
Snero
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Zanchief » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:02 pm

At one time he may have been.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Previous

Return to Sports and LEEZure