NBA talk

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Who will win the West this year?

Poll ended at Fri May 14, 2004 9:34 am

Dallas
14%
L.A. Lakers
14%
Memphis
3%
Minnesota
11%
Sacramento
19%
San Antonio
14%
Other (please explain)
27%

Total votes : 37

Postby vonkaar » Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:22 am

Prospect wrote:Knicks

1 word STARBURY

Vonkaar wrote:Who will win the West this year?

:roll:
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Zanchief » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:38 am

1 word STARBURY

1 word

Knicks are ass and they have an old useless coach and a angry power hungry gm and the worst fans after Philly.

Ok fine, I need 22 words to describe the crapulance of NY.
Last edited by Zanchief on Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zanchief

Postby Dylan » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:00 pm

:facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial:
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jirig » Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:36 pm

have you ever watched any game he's played in?

Yeah. I try and watch every game... but I seriously don't recall anything like that... and I WOULD remember something like that.

Bowen is pretty hot from the field, but I don't condone bullshit like that. The one thing the Spurs have tried to uphold is a good, clean environment. This was one of the reasons we got rid of Jackson. He was an asshole.

I've lost a lot of respect for Bowen because of this. He's had his scrapes with other players, but nothing like THIS. That's fuckin' bullshit and he needs to get axed. :evil:
Jirig
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby vonkaar » Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:18 pm

Get rid of Bowen then. I don't have any problem with the rest of the Spurs. If Dallas gets knocked out early, I'm going for San Antone.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Jirig » Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:45 am

Sheeit... if I could, I would.

Care to trade, Von?

Our Bowen for your Finley~ $$
Jirig
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby vonkaar » Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:47 am

haha... no... Finley is a top ten forward, bowen is a 'lucky to start' forward ^_^.

I work with one of the biggest Spurs fans in the world... her whole office is wall to wall covered in spurs posts and such. I get an earful every time we play big games. I *do* like them, they were a good Texan team to root for when the Mavs weren't 'so' great =p.

Walker+Jamison for T-Mac! 2005!
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Jirig » Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:46 am

If Dallas got T-Mac, I'd cry.

My love for the Mavs would quickly transform into loathing envy. :p

Don't matter none, though... Manu > T-Mac~
Jirig
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby vonkaar » Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:05 am

wtf? There isn't a single team in the league that wouldn't give up ANY single player for T-Mac. The only exception to this would be the Lakers with Shaq, but even then... they'd be a pretty dominant team with that lineup. Dirk for Tracy? I'd *probably* put Manu in my top ten list... but it'd be near the bottom. He's amazing, but nowhere near the potential 70 point-games that T-mac can generate.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Rzail » Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:17 am

Zan...why the hate for my Knicks? :) Knicks all the way...BABY! The NBA championship will be back in the mecca of basketball...MADISON SQUARE GARDEN! Once we get healthy...we will be unstoppable. You can take that to the bank and the check will not bounce!
Rzail
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby brinstar » Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:07 pm

globetrotters still winning the poll YESSSS
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Zanchief » Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:36 pm

The NBA championship will be back in the mecca of basketball

That’s why I hate the Knicks, the fans. It's always all this ‘we are owed the championship because we are the mecca of basketball’. The average Knicks fan wouldn't even know what mecca means unless Peter Vescy told you.

Here is a flash, Marbury is a good guard, not a great one. Nazi Mohamed could be a pretty good center. But Lenny Wilkens is about 10 years past his expiration date. The Knicks will lose in the first round, and it will be EVEN harder to blow up this team with all the max contracts Thomas picked up.

This is a bad time to be a Knicks fan, if you weren't the typical fair-weather bandwagon Knicks fan you would know this.

In 2 years when the Knicks haven't won a playoff series, you're gonna be calling for Lenny's head just like we where last year.
Last edited by Zanchief on Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zanchief

Postby Rzail » Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:18 pm

Zan...the problems is not Wilkens, it was the players in Toronto ( Vince "Overated" Carter). C'mon Zan...I will save you a ticket so you can watch the Finals with me at 34th and 8th :)
Rzail
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Zanchief » Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:59 pm

Vince "Overated" Carter

Vince "Underated" Carter.

You have not seen a Toronto game since we spanked you in the playoffs.

They breathe on Iverson and he gets two freethrows, Carter gets Karate chopped and it's a no call.
Zanchief

Postby vonkaar » Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:06 pm

Zanchief wrote:Lenny Wilkens is about 10 years past his expiration date.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby catseye nameless » Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:04 pm

The cavaliers wouldnt give up James for 2x T-mac he's worth too much to the fans. The mecca of basketball? WTF new york produces absolutely 0 basketball players, they're games are garbage, just look at marbury his game is rubbish, just like every other new york city wanna be nba stuck in the dysfunction known as the and-1 mix tape carry laden double dribble travelling back court circus "league" that they pony out on 4th rate summer league courts every july.
catseye nameless
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Zanchief » Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:02 pm

Vince "Overated" Carter

Tonight: 42pts 12ast 6reb

He's sooooo overated.
Zanchief

Postby vonkaar » Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:58 pm

That was a great game too.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Zanchief » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:07 pm

That was a great game too.

Yep.
Zanchief

Postby Jirig » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:14 pm

catseye nameless wrote:The mecca of basketball? WTF new york produces absolutely 0 basketball players, they're games are garbage, just look at marbury his game is rubbish, just like every other new york city wanna be nba stuck in the dysfunction known as the and-1 mix tape carry laden double dribble travelling back court circus "league" that they pony out on 4th rate summer league courts every july.

That made me giggle IRL. :lol:
Jirig
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Zanchief » Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:04 pm

Zanchief

Postby Zanchief » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:09 pm

(Philly - (Iverson + Coleman + Robinson) ) > Dallas

Where was the defense Vonk?
Zanchief

Postby vonkaar » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:00 pm

What are you talking about? We are #1 in almost every category of Offense but we are #last in almost every category of Defense. Makes for exciting games, but you can't win championships like that =p.

I think it was Greg Popovich that said something like... "Offense sells posters, Defense wins championships."
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Jirig » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:59 am

I blame Kenny Thomas. 27 points, 13 rebs, 7 assists.

Tomorrow's Spurs vs. Timberwolves.

/mourn KG :p
Jirig
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Zanchief » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:32 am

Memphis Raps tonight, good test for the guys since they have been playing better lately.
Zanchief

PreviousNext

Return to Sports and LEEZure