Lakers VS Pistons

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Postby Lyion » Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:44 am

Zanchief wrote:
Tuggan wrote:whats 'ugly' about the pistons play? its all ive heard and read about in this series so far, whats so bad about it?

Nothing.

Hear and read from less whiny people. I would avoid IgraineShedra.

Great series so far. The Lakers super deep bench seems so short now that they are getting nothing from Malone and Payton. I really hope Detroit wins and people can stop whining about the east.

The Lakers are the better team, but the Pistons are better coached and hungrier. 2-1 Detroit so far. If L.A. doesn't get some productivity from its bench, they're going to lose in 5.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby vonkaar » Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:37 am

Aye... nothing dirty about their play. They have some notoriously dirty players (sheed, elden), but nobody has really done anything on THIS team to be considered 'dirty'. I honestly have no idea where that rumor came from. Utah is a dirty team. Bruce Bowen is a dirty player. For the past 5 years, you could say the same thing about Rasheed Wallace... but he's a perfect fit in Detroit --he has seriously cleaned up his act.

I'm surprised. The Lakers had EVERY advantage on paper... Better center, forwards, guards... more experience, better playoff coach, bigger market, more 'drive' (old players willing to DIE for the ring)... it's really weird how this relatively young team has done so well. We are used to seeing the Lakers destroy teams in the playoffs. The occasional loss that they might see would be by a narrow margin. Last night, the Pistons DESTROYED them. This is a defence that people will be talking about for a long time... not because of how well they did in the regular season... not because of their playoff heroics... simply due to their complete STOPPAGE of such a powerful scoring system like L.A. has.

First time for Phil Jackson to be down 2-1 in a finals series... first time for Shaq to score under 21 in a finals series... first time in 22 years for a finals game to win by over 20 points AND keep the opponent under 70... it's crazy. I really didn't care much about the series, but it's proven to be a highly entertaining one.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Kramer » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:08 pm

the lakers should be hated.... the spurs should be in the final right now, it would have been a much better series..... did i mention i hate the lakers?

I hope Karl Malone and Gary Payton never get rings....
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Kramer
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby labbats » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:28 pm

Yeah, because San Antonio is such a visual treat, a powerhouse of excitement. Wait, no they're not. They're on par with soccer for television to watch.
    labbats
    Mr. Ed
    Mr. Ed

Postby IgraineShedra » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:26 pm

Ok, I recant my previous statement. I honestly thought the Pistons were gonna get their asses handed to them in 4 or 5 games, with at least 2 blowout losses. Instead, this series is proving how good a coach Larry Brown is, how good the Pistons are, especially defensively, and this series may very well mark the resurgence of the Eastern Conference. I'd still rather see offense than defense though.
    IgraineShedra
    NT Aviak
    NT Aviak

Postby Ganzo » Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:02 pm

88 - 80 Detroit leads 3 to 1.
    גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
    Ganzo
    Dictator in Training
    Dictator in Training

Postby Captain Insano » Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:59 pm

man that game sucked..i was like 4 hours of free throws and fouls.

Those refs should be shot.
    Tossica: No, you're gay because you suck on cocks.

Darcler:
    Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
    Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
    Captain Insano
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Nappy Headed Ho

Postby vonkaar » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:34 am

The refs didn't make a single bad call the whole night. The whiney Laker's fans should be shot.

There was a LOT of calls... but I never saw a single one that was... "holy crap, BAD call!" I can understand being frustrated WITH the calls - especially in the 4th when they called like 4 fouls in a row, within 20 seconds... lane violations, loose ball... bleh.
    Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
    vonkaar
    Sexy Ass
    Sexy Ass

Postby Zanchief » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:57 am

The Lakers complaining about calls, how the world has gone completely mad!
    Zanchief

Postby The Kizzy » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:31 am

-Taxx
    Zanchief wrote:
    Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
    The Kizzy
    NT Patron
    NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:04 am

Zanchief wrote:The Lakers complaining about calls, how the world has gone completely mad!

I was thinking that exact same thing.

The Lakers were outplayed, outhustled, and outdefensed.
    What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
    C. S. Lewis
    Lyion
    Admin Abuse Squad
    Admin Abuse Squad

Previous

Return to Sports and LEEZure