Vick Indicted

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Postby Lyion » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:27 am

I was reading on SI that if he was cut, the hit wouldn't be too bad this year, but would be harsh next year

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

The Falcons signed Vick to a 10-year, $130 million contract in December 2004. He has been paid about $44 million, including $37 million in guaranteed bonuses, and is due to earn a base salary of $6 million this season.

Teams can amortize the salary cap implications of signing bonuses, but if a player is cut, all bonuses paid but not yet factored into the salary cap must be accounted for within two years.

The Falcons face an estimated salary cap hit of about $6 million this year and $15 million in 2008 if they release Vick -- devastating hits to any team's budget.

Anyways, the bigger deal for Blank is the team and Home Depots image. He has a billion dollar corporation he needs to worry about more than the cap of the Falcons.
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Alphonso » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:12 am

The tools on ESPN are already making this thing about him being black. fucking idiots
Alphonso
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tikker » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:19 am

what?

what does the colour of skin have to do with anything?
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Alphonso » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:22 am

It's the whites who are out to convict Vick and the blacks are supporting him, or so I have heard at least twice on espn radio so far.
Alphonso
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Lyion » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:25 am

Alphonso wrote:It's the whites who are out to convict Vick and the blacks are supporting him, or so I have heard at least twice on espn radio so far.

You mean it's a few blacks who are playing the race card in an attempt to make it a racial issue, versus a factual one. Maybe Al Sharpton will chime in soon.

I guarantee if this was a white lineman (heck, or even another black lineman), he would've already been cut by his team and ostracized ten times as worse.
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Phlegm » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:26 am

I think Vick would have been cut already if it weren't for the cap hit.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gaazy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:43 am

Never would have seen this one coming....Oh man its because he is black! Forgot the illegal gambling and dog fighting and other criminal laws he broke! He should be let off the hook since he's a negro!
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Lyion » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:33 pm

Vick is screwed

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sport ... _0814.html

The other three guys have all copped deals. He stands all alone.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:41 pm

good
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:28 am

Man I hate the n word, but that's what he is in every sense of the word. I can only hope that a pit comes and chomps on his diddle in his sleep. He epitomizes why people stereotype.

This kind of shit enrages me to no end - I don't even really care about the gambling, people gamble all the time and it really isn't physically harmful to anyone; yeah it's illegal but it's like smoking pot, who gives a shit.. but betting on the pain and suffering of something that was an innocent til you got your greasy worthless piece of shit hands on it just pisses me off. He's just the worst kind of person.

I'm glad the others are at least owning up to it and pray that alone is enough to screw him, but they're shitheads too. No celebrity or athlete is worth pardoning for that type of crime. If it were up to me I'd let PETA do the sentencing.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby LostCause » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:09 am

Gypsiyee wrote:Man I hate the n word, but that's what he is in every sense of the word. I can only hope that a pit comes and chomps on his diddle in his sleep. He epitomizes why people stereotype.

This kind of shit enrages me to no end - I don't even really care about the gambling, people gamble all the time and it really isn't physically harmful to anyone; yeah it's illegal but it's like smoking pot, who gives a shit.. but betting on the pain and suffering of something that was an innocent til you got your greasy worthless piece of shit hands on it just pisses me off. He's just the worst kind of person.

I'm glad the others are at least owning up to it and pray that alone is enough to screw him, but they're shitheads too. No celebrity or athlete is worth pardoning for that type of crime. If it were up to me I'd let PETA do the sentencing.

Couldn't agree with you more Gyp
LostCause
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Jay » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:21 am

Last I checked he wasn't yet convicted and no evidence was released. The people involved were caught red handed and aren't credible because they struck a deal out of desperation to avoid harsher sentencing. Vick so far is guilty of nothing except negligence. So, why the h8?

If you ask me, I THINK he did it, but I'll reserve my opinion until it's proven.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Evermore » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:24 am

this is going to turn into another O.J.
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Lyion » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:48 pm

Jay wrote:Last I checked he wasn't yet convicted and no evidence was released. The people involved were caught red handed and aren't credible because they struck a deal out of desperation to avoid harsher sentencing. Vick so far is guilty of nothing except negligence. So, why the h8?

If you ask me, I THINK he did it, but I'll reserve my opinion until it's proven.

He has three close friends testifying he ran the show. The dog kennel was on his property. They have proof via airline flights he went to this property. It's a slam dunk.

He certainly may beat the rap in court, but he's already lost in the court of public opinion and he's likely played his last down in the NFL, which will cost him tens of millions of dollars.
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby numatu » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:15 pm

They also found records at the house with the new Atlanta Falcons head coach Bobby Petrino's phone number on them, who just got hired recently.
numatu
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Evermore » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:18 pm

lyion wrote:
Jay wrote:Last I checked he wasn't yet convicted and no evidence was released. The people involved were caught red handed and aren't credible because they struck a deal out of desperation to avoid harsher sentencing. Vick so far is guilty of nothing except negligence. So, why the h8?

He has three close friends testifying he ran the show. The dog kennel was on his property. They have proof via airline flights he went to this property. It's a slam dunk.

He certainly may beat the rap in court, but he's already lost in the court of public opinion and he's likely played his last down in the NFL, which will cost him tens of millions of dollars.

add the dog carcasses buried there too.

he's done. no great loss
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tacks » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:42 pm

So he's just as big a moron as his little brother? No big surprise, stupid niggers~
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:09 pm

Next on entertainment news: When niggers do nigger-shit. :wink:
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Granh » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:39 am

Kitty Litter for the Mind
Granh
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Evermore » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:53 am

Granh wrote:Guess he's Al Qaeda too? :dunno:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293268,00.html

just when you think the world cant get any more fucked up...

whoever allowed him to file that should be shot
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Evermore » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:55 am

Evermore wrote:
Granh wrote:Guess he's Al Qaeda too? :dunno:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293268,00.html

just when you think the world cant get any more fucked up...

whoever allowed him to file that should be shot

I spoke too soon

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0816071riches1.html

its the same fucking guy
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Harrison » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:09 pm

How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:00 pm

http://media.hamptonroads.com/verticals/mvick_deal.html

Atlanta Falcons quarterback and Hampton Roads native Michael Vick has accepted a plea deal - and a likely prison sentence - to avoid additional federal charges related to a professional dogfighting operation, according to one of Vick's attorneys.

Vick is going to enter a guilty plea to the felony conspiracy charge at 10:30 a.m. next Monday, said Lawrence Woodward, one of Vick's defense attorneys.

"Mike's accepting full responsibility," Woodward said. "He's going to do everything he can personally and professionally to make this situation right."

Lead defense attorney Billy Martin issued this statement: "After consulting with his family over the weekend, Michael Vick asked that I announce today that he has reached an agreement with federal prosecutors regarding the charges pending against him. Mr. Vick has agreed to enter a plea of guilty to those charges and to accept full responsibility for his actions and the mistakes he has made. Michael wishes to apologize again to everyone who has been hurt by this matter."
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:07 pm

they need to hurry up and get over it, they've been monopolizing ESPN all afternoon about this shit

meanwhile there's baseball going untelevised

PRIORITIES PLEASE
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Phlegm » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:46 pm

NFL suspended Vick indefinitely without pay.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

PreviousNext

Return to Sports and LEEZure