Vick Indicted

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Postby Ouchyfish » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:13 pm

It's funny, though. The illegal shit these guys get away with and you crucify him for fighting some dogs. Who the hell did he piss off in law enforcement/upper eschelon to get this ass raping?
Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tikker » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:14 pm

it's more the gambling that he's going to get wtfpwned for, not the dog fighting (altho PETA will ass rape him for the dogs)
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ouchyfish » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:16 pm

If he wasn't gambling on NFL games, though..it seems stupid...unless the NFL has a blanket "NO GAMBLING on anything-don't even bet someone that you can throw a football over them mountains" policy.
Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tikker » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:29 pm

pretty much
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Re: Vick Indicted

Postby Tikker » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:16 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

add marijuana to the charges I guess

not really a bright thing to do when you're already in trouble

queue arlos rant about the fundamental right to get high as well
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:22 pm

I don't think Arlos' gripe is with a "fundamental right to get high" like you're so adamantly trying to imply with ignorance.

Arlos' gripe is with a body of people telling the common man what they can and cannot ingest, for any reason, with safety to said man not even a deciding factor in the screening process.

That is my take on it, though. I may be wrong but, I doubt it.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:05 pm

That's basically it.

It's my opinion that the government's rights end at my nose, as it were. As long as what I do effects only me (or other freely consenting adults in the privacy of our own homes) the government should have no say in the matter.

Whether that's having alcohol on Sunday (against blue laws in parts of the US), smoking pot, getting a blow job (against sodomy laws in parts of the south), or a woman using a vibrator (against the law in Texas), or whatever similar situation, it's all part and parcel of the same issue. In this area I am far closer to the Libertarians than I am the rest of my liberal brethren, I suppose.

That said, given the current legality of pot AND the fact that he is under the microscope, Vick smoking pot right now was absolutely asinine. Then again, given that he'd won the Lotto of Life, made 10s of millions a year, was incredibly popular and got to play a game or appear in commercials for a living, and threw it all away so he could watch 2 animals kill each other... I think we can establish that brains are not his strong suit.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:26 pm

Arlos wrote:It's my opinion that the government's rights end at my nose, as it were. As long as what I do effects only me (or other freely consenting adults in the privacy of our own homes) the government should have no say in the matter.

I don't disagree with that
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:46 pm

Well, that's the fundamental component of my argument that smoking pot should be legal. It's not a "right to get high", as you put it, but it's just what I said: if what I'm doing is effecting only me, and it's in my own house, then the government should have no say in the matter.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:51 pm

I just think you're kidding yourself if you think your drug use affects only you
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:54 pm

Exactly who else is effected if I sit in my room by myself and smoke a bowl?

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:57 pm

you've never ever been out of your room while under the effects?
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:06 pm

Of course, but I don't drive while stoned, any more than I would while drunk. Nor do I go to work that way, nor class. (just like I wouldn't go to work or class drunk).

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Lyion » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:16 pm

Arlos wrote:Exactly who else is effected if I sit in my room by myself and smoke a bowl?

-Arlos

The food services industry appreciates your usage, I'm sure. :afro:
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:46 pm

Tikker wrote:I just think you're kidding yourself if you think your drug use affects only you

I really do think you are probably the most in-the-dark on this issue than anyone else I've ever met.

You are so horribly misinformed on every subject that it is painfully obvious every time you lash out. Think back to when I was 16 and posted like you did about drugs, the difference is one of us isn't still in the dark now.

I am no fan of addicts, anyone who knows me will tell you that. May they all rot in fucking hell. But, I also don't lump everyone into that category like some misinformed anti-drug nutjob with no clue as to what he's talking about.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:09 pm

The food services industry appreciates your usage, I'm sure.

rofl. OK, yes, I will admit that there are restaurants that made more money off of me because I was stoned when I went there and ordered a bigger meal than I might have otherwise!! So yes, I DID impact other people!!! The horrors!

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:23 pm

errr, yes, I'm very proud that you are now an experienced drug user Harrison

it definitely strengthens your reputation and makes everyone think more highly of you
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:38 pm

Tikker wrote:errr, yes, I'm very proud that you are now an experienced drug user Harrison

That isn't even close to the truth.

The point is you're a misinformed, ignorant, bleating, sheep.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tikker » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:12 pm

yes, cause if you say it, it must be true
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Evermore » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:25 am

I'm stoned and now i want a roasted rack of lamb...

/sarcasm off
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby 10sun » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:49 am

Last time I got stoned I had filet mignon and it was exquisite.

-Adam
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Gaazy » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:18 pm

What about the money you put into the hand of your drug dealer for the drugs? And your money that they put in the hands of a bigger drug dealer for more drugs? And so on and so on. Its bound to get into violent hands somewhere along the chain and used to fund more violence, for more drugs, or fund more drugs, to get to more kids.

Im sure thats too long of an indirect chain of events to consider it causing a problem, but oh well

Its bound to affect SOMEONE at SOME point in time, no matter how indirectly

Either that or im too tired from work and im not making any sense =/
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Arlos » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:31 pm

Ahhhh, but it wouldn't do any of that were it legal, now would it? That problem, if it does exist at all, SOLELY exists because of it being illegal, just like the mafia only made money on booze in the 20s because it was illegal. If it was legal, you might even see local farmers selling it from roadside stands, like you see now for strawberries, corn, or whatever as it gets in season. (At least we see that here in California, with farmers at harvest time selling fruit & veggies direct at roadside stands along highways. Way cheaper than the supermarket, and better quality too, as they pick & sell it when it actually gets ripe, not weeks in advance like they have to for stuff sold to supermarkets)

Anyway, as I've said before, I get mine legally in the eyes of California, since I have a prescription for it. As for friends who get it illegally, most of what they get is from hydroponic farms in British Colombia. And everyone knows just how viciously bloodthirsty those canadians are....

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gaazy » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:05 pm

Ah, but it IS illegal. So anyone that makes that arguement that it doesnt cause anyone any harm is full of shit. Its still going through hands that dont care who they hurt, or who they sell it to. (except you I guess Arlos if you get it legally heh wasnt expecting to hear that from you)
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Arlos » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:16 pm

Ahhh, but claiming something should be illegal due to the negative impact of situations that only arise because it IS illegal is unsupportable circular logic. Furthermore, you'd have to prove to me that typical, say, humbolt county growers or British Colombia hydroponic growers regularly engage in violence as part of the pot trade.

Anyway, yes, California has pot legal with prescription, and I have one. As I've said before, I have a knee I destroyed playing soccer that hurts 24x7, and that's after successful surgery, mind you. Legal prescription painkillers have worse side effects and actual potential for physical addiction if used for a chronic injury, because they're based at least partially on opiates. (relatives of morphine). Pot, however, has no physical addictive capacity whatsoever, and most importantly, works much faster for at least blocking some of the pain. Sure, I have normal prescription painkillers for when it gets REALLY bad, yes. However, even on days when I walk home from class, and it literally feels like I've got a red hot knife driven into the knee, I can sit down, and 5 minutes after smoking a few hits, I can get some pain relief, where taking a pill usually takes 45min+. I can't even explain how important that can be, sometimes, when it hurts bad enough.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

PreviousNext

Return to Sports and LEEZure