Do schools deserve to be number one if

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Do schools deserve to be number one soleby based on record?

Yes
30%
No
70%

Total votes : 10

Do schools deserve to be number one if

Postby Ouchyfish » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:14 pm

Basically, should teams like LSU be number one when they barely escaped a (literally) last second defeat to Auburn who is 7-4 and number 25? Should the ranking have more to do with who you have played, beat, etc than just record?
Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Re: Do schools deserve to be number one if

Postby brinstar » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:33 am

it does, you goob

that's why LSU is #1 with one loss and KU is #2 with none and UH somewhere in the low teens with none

"strength of schedule"

also, auburn is a joke
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Diekan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:24 am

brinstar wrote:it does, you goob

that's why LSU is #1 with one loss and KU is #2 with none and UH somewhere in the low teens with none

"strength of schedule"

also, auburn is a joke

Think about "who" you're talking too here, brin.

You're talking to a bunch of retards who believe you're only allowed to follow teams of the state you live in, or the closest team to you.

Lyion being an Ohio State / Bangles / Indians fan JUST because he lives in Ohio is about as retarded as Ouchy being an Auburn fan because he "had to pick one for living in Alabama." Think about the intelligence of people like this, then you'll understand the reason they ask such idiotic questions.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Kramer » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:25 am

yeah. ummm. ouchy, that's one reason the BCS is so controversial. some folks have made some equation that factors in things like w/l record, schedule strength, etc...
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Kramer
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby Tikker » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:04 am

non playoff system is just retarded

ps, go away diekan
    Tikker
    NT Legend
    NT Legend

Postby Kramer » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:56 am

tee hee hee... diekan can't decide if he wants to stay or go

yeah, if they think the bowl system makes money, i think the playoff system would make more and it would make sense too
      Kramer
      NT Traveller
      NT Traveller

Postby Phlegm » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:19 pm

Didn't you guys hear the presidents of the these colleges? It's not the money. It's the tradition of the bowl games.

Also, they don't want the players to miss copious amount of learning due to the length of a playoff system since division 1A football players are the dumbest bunch of all college athletes. That is why division 1A football is the only thing in college without a playoff.
      Phlegm
      Nappy Headed Ho
      Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gidan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:40 pm

There will never be a good system in college football. The system is just way to screwed up. Strength of schedule is one thing, but if it doesn't take into account how you win or lose games it worthless to me. A number 1 winning by 1 point over a non ranked team shouldn't help your cause in the BCS standings, it should actually hurt you, the same as a number 2 losing by 1 point to the number 1 shouldn't drop you 10 places in the rankings. But thats just me.
      For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
      Gidan
      Admin Abuse Squad
      Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Naethyn » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:28 pm

It has to be win or lose. Black and white. Otherwise it's a judgement system that varies. This is the current problem with BCS football - opinions matter.
      Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
      Naethyn
      NT Traveller
      NT Traveller

Postby Lyion » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:59 pm

Beating SEC teams is a bit better than scheduling a bunch of div II teams.

The BCS desperately needs a playoff system.

I really hope LSU plays Kansas this year to really highlight the difference. It'll be a slaughter.

p.s. You're still a no good fanbois whore, Diekan. <3
      What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
      C. S. Lewis
      Lyion
      Admin Abuse Squad
      Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:11 pm

tbqh i think it'll be a good game if KU wins out and faces LSU. sure LSU is a great team and their defense is pretty terrifying, but KU is calm, methodical, disciplined, and well-coached. plus, i've felt so far this year that LSU's coaching can be a little suspect. i know their only loss was a nailbiter 3OT at kentucky, but there were at least a couple other close victories against teams that shouldn't have been so close. in short, they're good but they're not THAT good. on the other hand, KU's schedule has been rather soft until this week's border battle vs. mizzou, so we'll see how they stand up against a real team!
      compost the rich
      brinstar
      Cat Crew
      Cat Crew

Postby Ouchyfish » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:18 pm

First of all, Dieken didn't you quit? Fuck off whiny bitch. Go troll the Cap forum for someone to understand your psychotic theories on relationships while you ponder your own broken life.

Second of all, for about the fourth fuckin time Diekan, I attended Auburn. You still cannot get ANY part of your shit straight...go quit again and cry about the board sucking or some other lame tantrum, you fair-weathered sack of shit.

Third, who the fuck has Kansas played to deserve their ranking? I bet they get fuckin waxed against Missouri.

LSU lost to Kentucky and was about literally one second away from losing to both Auburn AND Alabama who like Brinstar said are "a joke"--yes I do not deny it-that was the whole point of my Poll, asshat.

What I am trying to say is don't just consider schedule --strength-- consider how well they played the games as well.

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
      Ouchyfish
      NT Patron
      NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:19 am

brinstar wrote:tbqh i think it'll be a good game if KU wins out and faces LSU. sure LSU is a great team and their defense is pretty terrifying, but KU is calm, methodical, disciplined, and well-coached. plus, i've felt so far this year that LSU's coaching can be a little suspect. i know their only loss was a nailbiter 3OT at kentucky, but there were at least a couple other close victories against teams that shouldn't have been so close.

I honestly have no idea, since what I've watched of Kansas has been steamrolling lesser teams. It's nice, but playing South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida make me think of LSU as an elite team and KU as an unknown.

I do know that lesser teams on weak schedules have a history of getting obliterated by battle tested teams. LSU is such a team. KU isn't.

I do know this year screams for a change in the BCS to a playoff format. There are so many deserving teams out there that should have a shot, but don't due to ridiculous schedules. We need to allow for a loss or two and a chance at a National Championship, to encourage more elite teams playing each other, and less creampuffs on the schedule.
      C. S. Lewis
      Lyion
      Admin Abuse Squad
      Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:31 am

Ouchyfish wrote:First of all, Dieken didn't you quit? Fuck off whiny bitch. Go troll the Cap forum for someone to understand your psychotic theories on relationships while you ponder your own broken life.

Second of all, for about the fourth fuckin time Diekan, I attended Auburn. You still cannot get ANY part of your shit straight...go quit again and cry about the board sucking or some other lame tantrum, you fair-weathered sack of shit.

Third, who the fuck has Kansas played to deserve their ranking? I bet they get fuckin waxed against Missouri.

LSU lost to Kentucky and was about literally one second away from losing to both Auburn AND Alabama who like Brinstar said are "a joke"--yes I do not deny it-that was the whole point of my Poll, asshat.

What I am trying to say is don't just consider schedule --strength-- consider how well they played the games as well.

compost the rich
      brinstar
      Cat Crew
      Cat Crew

Postby Ouchyfish » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:48 am

Gidan wrote:There will never be a good system in college football. The system is just way to screwed up. Strength of schedule is one thing, but if it doesn't take into account how you win or lose games it worthless to me. A number 1 winning by 1 point over a non ranked team shouldn't help your cause in the BCS standings, it should actually hurt you, the same as a number 2 losing by 1 point to the number 1 shouldn't drop you 10 places in the rankings. But thats just me.

That's what I was talking about. Hit the nail on the head!

Ouchyfish
      NT Patron
      NT Patron

Postby Mop » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:44 pm

Ouchyfish wrote:First of all, Dieken didn't you quit? Fuck off whiny bitch. Go troll the Cap forum for someone to understand your psychotic theories on relationships while you ponder your own broken life.

You forgot he turned into a Pats fan from a Bills fan in like a day! omg.
      Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
      Mop
      Dictator in Training
      Dictator in Training

Postby Diekan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:47 pm

Mop wrote:

You forgot he turned into a Pats fan from a Bills fan in like a day! omg.

this further proves just how stupid you are. either stupid or you simply can't read. i never turned into a pats fan "over night" moron.
      Diekan
      NT Deity
      NT Deity

Postby Lyion » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:59 pm

Obviously your time in New England cemented your lovefest with the Pats.
      C. S. Lewis
      Lyion
      Admin Abuse Squad
      Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Diekan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:26 pm

lyion wrote:Obviously your time in New England cemented your lovefest with the Pats.

Yes, because you people know so much about me in real life. Like when and where I've lived throughout my life.

I mean I could, after all, just tell you that I used to live in a place called Framingham (the 508 area code), right near I-90 "the pike." Or maybe it was just down the road from the Pinefield Shopping Center. I could tell you that I paid 550 in rent for a two bedroom place... maybe it was near Farm pond... hmm could have been Gleason pond. Or maybe yet it was near the golf course on Millwood road. I mean... you know... I could tell you I worked for a Cain Construction on Plain street over in Natick doing some hard general labor. Maybe it took me 30 minutes to get to work through all the traffic and with Natick being a whole 5 minutes up Hwy 135 and all.

I could tell you all that... but since you people already know everything there is to know about everyone who posts here. Well, I'd just be wasting my breath!

Oh, and since I'm just saying things... if you're even in the Pinefield Shopping Center area - go to a place a Hometown Hotdogs and eat up. Well, if they're still in business. Pretty damn good food. And get a frappe while you're at it. If you can afford the extra calories. Just don't ask for a regular coffee unless you like cream (two that is).

I could say all that...
      Diekan
      NT Deity
      NT Deity

Postby Kramer » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:31 pm

dude. people that people on message boards like are the people who get that it's just a message board.....

no one really cares how pissed you are or how unfair you think everyone is being to you. either get over it and stay or get over it and leave.
        Kramer
        NT Traveller
        NT Traveller

Postby Kramer » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:32 pm

oh, and LSU lost.... tee hee hee
          Kramer
          NT Traveller
          NT Traveller

Postby Ouchyfish » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:52 am

LSU lost lolol...my point is proven then.

Ouchyfish
          NT Patron
          NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:36 am

If Mizzou beats Kansas, this will be the most bizarre, but cool BCS setup ever.

We may have another split championship this year. It'd be only fitting.
          C. S. Lewis
          Lyion
          Admin Abuse Squad
          Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Phlegm » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:49 pm

Looks like West Virginia will be one of the team in the championship game.
          Phlegm
          Nappy Headed Ho
          Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Mop » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:38 pm

You were a die hard bills fan, they kinda sucked, over a long period of time,then come back as a Pats fan a season later. thats fine dont get all pussy hurt about it - You changed teams you like, hell lots of people do it. 90% of SF fans are pats fans too because the niners suck. I like a few teams too, mainly I like players now just because its entertainment and at the end of the day I could care less who wins and looses... well unless SF or Oak is involved. I hope they loose every game.

Seriously tho get over yourself, we all remeber you getting all pussy hurt when the bills had shit games and gave games away.

<insert 8 paragraph response about the life and tribulations of Dieken in a lexicon of verbage to let us know we are all idiots and he was actually born with a Pats tattoo on his right butt cheek.>

I'll be honest I wont read it for 8 or 9 days, so in that gapping vagina where the Snorkles were actually filmed, write an epic novel for us about where you lived. How after years of living in the projects as a bills fan the pats helped you see the light and now you are Tony Robbins. If there is any chance you can use a variety of colours and some pop up art work with a diagram - it would be greatly appreciated.
          Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
          Mop
          Dictator in Training
          Dictator in Training

Next

Return to Sports and LEEZure