NFL loves the Pats

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

NFL loves the Pats

Postby Lyion » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:39 pm

What a joke of officiating. NFL = WWF

Bullshit calls and they ignored Light holding all night.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Re: NFL loves the Pats

Postby Reynaldo » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:53 pm

Dunno, it looked like they were letting BAL rough up the NE receivers all night, but for some reason finally decided to call it on the last drive.

Also, what makes hail mary plays different from other passing plays in the game? Mason mugged a guy and was just a blocker for the guy who caught the ball. It's like the end of basketball games when people get all sorts of crushed and nothing ever gets called (unless your name is Dwayne Wade).

Off topic...

How lucky has MNF gotten with these horrible match ups turning into good games? Bills/Cowboys, Dolphins/Pitt and tonight. LOL at the Atlanta MNF games thinking Vick was going to be there. They need a flex schedule too!
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Ouchyfish » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:57 pm

Dolphins/Pitt was a good game? Yuck...boring as hell, nasty as hell..

It was like two senior citizens fighting over a fuckin coffee mug for 3 hours.
Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Reynaldo » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:01 pm

Let me rephrase good game with close game in that scenario =D.

Also, how is PITT/NE not the flex game for this week?

Indy vs Baltimore? yuck.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tikker » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:06 pm

there is absolutely nothing better than seeing a football implant itself 8 inches into the ground tho!
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby numatu » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:20 am

I understand the frustration of Ravens fans, but the holding call was a hold, they showed the replay over and over, and nobody questioned the legitimacy of the call.

There were numerous illegal contact calls not called against the Baltimore DB's throughout the game, including that outright tackle by Mason on Asante Samuel on the hail mary pass.

Patriots could not stop the run until the 4th Quarter, and that's when they've historically shown up for this entire decade.
numatu
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tikker » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:52 am

It's not so much that they stopped the ravens running, it's that the ravens started calling dumb pass plays
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ouchyfish » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:36 am

This whole season is a wash because the fuckers admitted to cheating...anything they do can now carry a fucking asterisk for this season. Congrats, cheaters.

Had they not been caught, they'd probably still be doing it.
Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:12 am

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0- ... riots.html

Ravens: The fix was in for Patriots

December 4, 2007 12:22 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando from Baltimore

Just returned from the Ravens' locker room. Those guys are ticked off. They said the league wants the Patriots to win, to the point that officials make calls favoring New England with the game on the line. They said Tom Brady sells tickets for the league, so the league wants Brady and the Patriots to stay unbeaten. I'll start posting the direct quotes momentarily. Refresh the blog periodically and you'll see them as they post.

Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs on officiating: "Everybody is kind of cheering for them to go undefeated and break all the records. They called them the greatest offense on earth. So who knows? ... They made one more play than us and they got a little help."

Suggs on the timeout attributed to the Ravens, which gave New England another chance on fourth down after Baltimore appeared to stop Tom Brady short on a sneak: "You only get a few times to really get the NFL's poster boy in that type of situation. I don't know. It looked like all 22 men on the field played as if no timeout was called. But if it was called, it was called. I don't get into that part of the game. I just do my job."

Suggs on officiating: "It's kind of the feeling of the 2001 tuck rule. It kind of feels like the tuck rule. That is the NFL for you, man. When they got a guy like that that is selling a lot of tickets, you want to keep him selling tickets."

Ravens linebacker Bart Scott on the timeout: "I didn't hear a timeout. That was very convenient."

Scott: "We outplayed them, plain and simple. We punched them in the mouth on both sides of the ball."

Ravens receiver Derrick Mason: "Allow the players to dictate how the game is going to go, especially the last couple of seconds. It's kind of like basketball. There's three seconds on the clock. Let the guys play. The best team is going to win. You don't let outside circumstances dictate how the game is going to go. It's hard to play against the best team in the NFL and beat them. You are out there and working hard. You are playing against them and then also you have the other guys and it seems you are playing against them, also."

More from Mason on officiating: "I'm going to take it back to last game. San Diego. Quinn Sypniewski runs down the field, runs into one of their DBs, we catch the ball and they call offensive pass interference. OK. Great. This game, same thing happens. Randy Moss runs right into Samari Rolle. They call defensive pass interference. I don't understand that. One game it's called one way, the next game it's called another way. At the end, you have a phantom call. That's why it's hard to play and win a game when you are playing against more than just the best team in the NFL."

More from Mason on how hard it is to beat the Patriots: "It's kind of like that old Bulls team when they were running the tables. You were playing against Jordan, Pippen and the bunch and it was hard to beat them because everyone was on their side. That's the way it is now. You've got Brady and the bunch. It's hard to beat them when you're playing against them and extra people."

Mason on whether the refs can get caught up in talk of an undefeated season: "I think everybody can get caught up. You should have heard some of the verbal blasts we were taking from the refs. It was just despicable. They don't want us to say anything to them, but they treat us like we're little kids out there, saying anything they want to say. As players, we can't say anything back. We can't report it to anybody because it's our word against theirs. But you have to give it up to New England. They did what they had to do. They scored at the end and that's all you can ask of a team."

Ravens cornerback Chris McAlister on whether the NFL wants the Patriots to win: "They get a lot of calls. I'll say that. We've been watching film on them all week and I mean, they do get a lot of calls. As far as the NFL wanting them to win, you can't totally not think about it in those terms."

Ravens running back Willis McGahee: "I felt like we played our hearts out tonight and got some bogus calls, but it is what it is."

McGahee on which calls bothered him the most: "Shhh. Pass interference, the holding on [Jamaine] Winborne. There was a lot. I can't even remember them all."

Ravens coach Brian Billick spoke with reporters for only about a minute after the game. Asked why the Ravens called timeout before stuffing Brady on fourth down, Billick said, "We didn't feel like we were in the right configuration, kind of knew what they were going to do and felt like we needed a better call, I guess." It wasn't clear what he meant. Asked which person called the timeout, Billick said, "We called the timeout." Asked if the calls just didn't seem to go the Ravens' way late in the game, Billick said, "Yeah, evidently not."

Asked about what he said to Scott about tossing an official's flag into the stands, Billick said, "You've gotta be smarter than that. Can't be a dumb football player."

I'll leave you with a comment overheard from a veteran player: "You might as well crown them the Super Bowl champs if it's going to be like that."
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:30 am

lyion wrote:Suggs on the timeout attributed to the Ravens, which gave New England another chance on fourth down after Baltimore appeared to stop Tom Brady short on a sneak: "You only get a few times to really get the NFL's poster boy in that type of situation. I don't know. It looked like all 22 men on the field played as if no timeout was called. But if it was called, it was called. I don't get into that part of the game. I just do my job."

there was a good shot right after the game of the ravens sidelines signalling for a timeout well before the ball was snapped

I dunno
i thought for 53 or 54 minutes of that game that baltimore deserved to win it

but their playcalling and execution was just horrible in the last few minutes
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jay » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:51 pm

Ouchyfish wrote:This whole season is a wash because the fuckers admitted to cheating...anything they do can now carry a fucking asterisk for this season. Congrats, cheaters.

Had they not been caught, they'd probably still be doing it.

I don't buy that. Belicheat never actually got the Jets footage. The guy was caught before he got it. The Patriot's play is nothing more or less than extreme talent and leadership.

PS, I don't like the Patriots.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:27 pm

Isn't he a Miami fan anyways? :rofl: :lol:
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby numatu » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:24 pm

Ravens ran the ball with McGahee 6 times in the 4th Quarter (only 2 carries less than his average for the other 3 quarters), and only had 4 yards. I'd say they stopped the run in the 4th Quarter.

NFL Live broke down the game and showed the holding call where the defender literally was draped on Benjamin Watson for 13 yards.

They also showed numerous occasions during the course of the game where the Ravens secondary tackled Patriot WRs that were not called. It's interesting that the Ravens would think the refs are bias, since they allowed that to happen for 3 1/2 quarters.

The other blatant call that wasn't made was on the hail mary pass, where Ravens WR D. Mason literally pushes and tackles both Patriots CB's Randall Gay (at the 1min mark), and Asante Samuel (at the 2min mark) in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tCW79AN0nY
numatu
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby LostCause » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:10 pm

its funny how the top dog always gets the most criticism
LostCause
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Kramer » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:53 pm

Tom Brady is Jesus..... all of you can go suck it.....

jesus told me to tell you all that.
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Kramer
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby Phlegm » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:37 pm

Kramer wrote:Tom Brady is Jesus..... all of you can go suck it.....

jesus told me to tell you all that.

Liar. Jesus is too busy converting water into wine for his big birthday party to tell you anything.
    Phlegm
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Nappy Headed Ho

Postby LostCause » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:58 am

lmao yeah dude you think he has all that time...he is busy laying down the Funk
    LostCause
    NT Disciple
    NT Disciple

Return to Sports and LEEZure