Chris Simon

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Re: Chris Simon

Postby Harrison » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:58 am

Fighting in a sport is fucking dumb anyways. I don't care how long it's been allowed or "part" of it.

There are a multitude of other sports that ARE fighting. There is no reason they should be fighting.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Zanchief » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:37 am

Tikker wrote:do you honestly think that he went out with the intention of driving the guys face into the ice?

But that's what he did.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Zanchief » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:37 am

Harrison wrote:Fighting in a sport is fucking dumb anyways. I don't care how long it's been allowed or "part" of it.

There are a multitude of other sports that ARE fighting. There is no reason they should be fighting.

I actually agree with this. It just seems silly that people are still fighting in Hockey. All the purest will disagree with me but whatever.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Tikker » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:31 am

Zanchief wrote:
Tikker wrote:do you honestly think that he went out with the intention of driving the guys face into the ice?

But that's what he did.

intent plays a HUGE part of penalties and suspension in the NHL tho

look at the ottawa guy that took our berard's eye

it was technically a highstick so he got the 5 mins, but there was absolutely no intent to injure the guy, so no suspension of any kind
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Zanchief » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:49 am

But he intended to smash Moore's face into the ice. It wasn't an accident.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Tikker » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:11 am

Disagree

I don't see that he had any intention of trying to bulldog him (for lack of a better term)

it looked more like he was following him down, assuming the guy was turtling
you see that a ton of times, and if the guys arms are non-limp, it's a non-injury, and you get off your soap box

there's no way you can honestly say that he knew (while behind the guy) that moore was KO'd before he hit the ice
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Zanchief » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:31 am

You claimed this has happened 1000 times before in the NHL. Fine find me 10 on You Tube where someone sucker punched a player in the back of the head the rammed his face into the ice and the player wasn't hurt at all.

Scratch that...find me 3.

I doubt you could even find one.

I've got a better idea. I'll just head over the Edmonton and wait till you're not paying attention, and find my self a big rock (since I'm not nearly as big as Bertuzzi) smash you in the back of the head, ram your face into the ground and if you can walk it off like you claim "99.999" percent of people do, I'll apologize on the spot.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Tikker » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:52 am

you don't actually read anything do you?

he didn't intend to ram the guys face into the ice

if the guy wasn't unconscious (something he could never have known at that point) he would assume the guy would get his arms out and not land on his face

what part of that do you keep missing?

extreme example

if you and I are staging a fight for a movie or some shit, and i'm supposed to throw a punch at your head that you're supposed to block, and you miss it, is it suddenly malicious that I've now punched out 3 of your teeth?
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Zanchief » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:17 am

So the act of ramming someones face into the ice wasn't meant to injure him but help him get to the ice faster? So Bertuzzi is actually a humanitarian.

I never saw it that way. I'm glad you made me realize how wrong I was.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Tikker » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:44 am

does your head actually ever make it out of your ass?
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:54 am

It made its annual appearance above when he agreed with me.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Evermore » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:08 am

Simon Banned 30 Games
By IRA PODELL
AP Hockey Writer

NEW YORK - New York Islanders forward Chris Simon was banned for 30 games Wednesday, drawing the longest suspension in NHL history again.
The Islanders confirmed the suspension by the league for Simon's latest infraction - stepping on Pittsburgh's Jarkko Ruutu with his skate during a game last weekend.

Simon missed the first five games of this season while completing a 25-game ban handed out in March. That was the previous record for an NHL suspension. This is the seventh time in Simon's career that he has been suspended.

The 35-year-old player went on a paid leave of absence Monday to receive counseling, and then met with the league's disciplinarian Colin Campbell on Tuesday.

Simon agreed he needed time away from hockey after he stomped on Ruutu during a 3-2 loss to the Penguins on Saturday. Simon drew a match penalty when he pulled out Ruutu's leg with his, sending the forward to his knees between the team benches. He then stepped on the back of Ruutu's leg with his skate, and was ejected.

"Since Saturday night, the focus of the New York Islanders has been on Chris Simon the person, not him as a player or on his place in our lineup," Islanders general manager Garth Snow said in a statement confirming the suspension.

"As we announced on Monday, the Islanders are going to provide Chris the time and support he needs for counseling. For Chris right now, hockey must be secondary to the priority of taking care of himself."

On March 11, Simon was suspended 25 games - 15 regular-season games, five playoff games, and five games to open this season - for his two-handed stick attack to the face of New York Rangers forward Ryan Hollweg.
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Evermore » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:10 am

Harrison wrote:It made its annual appearance above when he agreed with me.

:lol: :lol:
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:55 am

should be a lifetime ban imo
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Previous