dear refs...

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

dear refs...

Postby brinstar » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:03 am

thanks for giving us the game

love,
the new england gaytriots
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Re: dear refs...

Postby numatu » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:27 am

I'm assuming you mean the phantom excessive celebration call against NE after the first Moss TD that allowed the Giants to get a kickoff return TD?

Yeah, that was crazy that they gave that to them.
numatu
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Harrison » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:34 am

Oh fucking please...

How in the world could you even fabricate such a bullshit idea that this game was given by the refs?
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tikker » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:59 am

I must have missed something too

I thought the one pass interference in the end zone against the linebacker covering moss was a bit weak, but if it hadn't been called it would have seemed like a missed call
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:48 am

That call was 50/50 really, but if anything the refs were slanting a bit to the giants. Even at that, not by anything really measurable. Except that fucking 15 yarder that they tacked onto Moss was COMPLETE bullshit and probably cost them that returned kick.

I must have watched a different game than Brinstar. Maybe he put money on it and is pissed he lost lol
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Haylo » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:31 am

Yea I was watching the game with a house full of hostile Pats haters and one neutral person. Thank god for the neutral person or I probably would have killed a family member. 15 yd celebration penalty on Moss when he was the only one there, um ok. Total penalties in the game: NE 4/40 yards; NY 5/53 yards. Sorry but that's not some great huge gaping difference. I can't stand when people watch a game and just want to totally change what is actually happening because they dislike the team. They deserved the win, no one gave it to them.
Tasya
Undead Priest
Malfurion
Haylo
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Harrison » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:41 am

Not only that but, the Giants actually played well enough to make us work for the win.

I blame our offensive line sucking fat dong instead of doing their job. Brady does perfectly fine under pressure, but he shouldn't have to with a line that fucking good.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby numatu » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:40 pm

The entire right side of the line didn't play due to injury. Neal and Kaczur were replaced by Hochstein and O'Callaghan. Also Kyle Brady, their main blocking TE, was out again.
numatu
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Haylo » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:45 pm

The o-line played badly but the defense imo played like crap. They really need to regain some focus for the playoffs or it's going to be a big upset in the making.
Tasya
Undead Priest
Malfurion
Haylo
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Lyion » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:04 pm

brinstar wrote:thanks for giving us the game

love,
the new england gaytriots

It's happened all year long. It can be argued that the better teams get the calls more often, but the officiating is as much a reason of them being undefeated as their game.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby numatu » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:58 pm

As a general rule, I've found that people dead set against a certain team and who are seething to see them lose, will more often then not use referee bias as the reason to why they won a particular game. Rarely will there be actual evidence of course, but they're so clouded with some weird hatred of a team playing a game, they'll never recognize it.

Alternatively, fans that are just as knowledgeable about the game but have no bias one way or the other will watch the same game and see nothing peculiar. In the case of the Giants/Pats for instance, 4 penalties for NE and 5 for NYG will not seem out of the ordinary.
numatu
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Harrison » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:55 pm

Especially considering one was fucking complete bullshit and not one person with a brain would say otherwise.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:33 pm

calling penalties is only half of how a ref team can affect a game

the other half is the penalties they don't call

there were a couple of dubious flags, but there were also flags that never flew
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Reynaldo » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:57 pm

Every NFL game is like that. The only reason the Pats got more scrutiny was because of the 16-0 thing. In the championship games and superbowl, there will be tons more of it just because that many more people watch the entirety of those games. During the course of a game, both teams playing will get screwed at some point. It just matters which screwjob happens at the pivotal point in the game is the only one anyone remembers.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Return to Sports and LEEZure