Fucking Oakland

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Fucking Oakland

Postby Phlegm » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:03 am

The fucking A's traded their best best pitcher and best hitter this off season for a bunch of prospects; Haren and Swisher. They're going to suck in a major way next year.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: Fucking Oakland

Postby Arlos » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:10 am

I guess Beane figured they were going to suck regardless, and made the trades so that they had more in the pipeline from the farm system, so that they wouldn't stay sucking for very long. I agree though, seems a bit odd, but Beane has done pretty well for the A's so far, so I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Xaiveir » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:50 pm

Yeah Beane knew that he could not compete this year. But what he got for Haren and Swisher will have them back in contention in 2 years. Once that time is here, they will be competitive for awhile after. The man is a genius, and he got a haul for both players.
Why fight it, i am a Man Whore!
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Dimuza » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:01 pm

dang! based on the subject, I thought this post was talking about doing something that, if you were successful, would lead to what would be, I'd imagine, some severe chaffing.
Dimuza
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Return to Sports and LEEZure