The Chokeeyes

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

The Chokeeyes

Postby Diekan » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:28 pm

LMAO - what a joke.

Once again the Chokeeyes prove to the world what an overrated joke the Big 10 is.

But, you know... it's hard to blame them - the team that is. It's not their fault they get tossed into a situation they have no business being in, in the first place. All they can do is suck it up and do their best.

I actually bet against them because I knew they'd get stomped into the mud. Thanks 50 dollars!

I don't hate them and I'll still follow them, but damn when is the BSC going to recog that the Big 10 is a Big Joke?
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Re: The Chokeeyes

Postby Lyion » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:37 pm

It's been a good game so far. Definitely large swings in momentum. OSU is still in it, but they need some big plays.

Anyways, it's not like you have any loyalty to any teams, son. :balloons:
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Diekan » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:45 pm

Good game so far? Are you on crack? Ohio State is getting pwned and pwned hard. I don't know what game you're watching...

As for loyalty - lol - whatever dude. I had a chance to put 50 bucks in my pocket from some fool who actually thought big, dumb, slow OSU could keep up with the speed and aggression of an SEC team. Hell, 80% of the country knew they were going to get owned.

If you really think they're going to "come back" let me give you my addy and we'll bet 50 on it. I could use a cool even 100.

They have NO business being in the NC. Rose Bowl? Maybe, the NC? No way in hell. They've had a year of beating shitty teams giving them a bloated 11-1 record. The ONLY team worth a shit they beat was Mich. And, they end up in the National Championship? No, dude, the chokeeyes have ZERO business being out there tonight and 80 of the country knows it.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Diekan » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:01 pm

LMAO

Still think it's a "good game?"

Holy shit does OSU suck! How the fuck does a school like that suck so bad??
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Diekan » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:44 pm

How bout them Chokeeyes?!?! LMAO...

Is it possible they could fuck up a wet dream? Why yes... yes it is!

What shall I buy with my 50 dollars? New shirt?!? Oh a new game for the 360!!! Indeed.

Thank you Ohio State... the Suckeyes made my day!
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:47 pm

I've never seen someone enjoy a 1 person circle jerk the way Diekan does
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Diekan » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:50 pm

it is fun
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Lyion » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:00 pm

The Big 10 has done ok against the SEC, it's just OSU has been lacking in the Champ game. Last year they were overmatched. This year they lost due to mistakes.

In case you missed it, Michigan beat Florida and Tenn/Wisc was a great game. The Big 10 isn't as tough as the SEC, but they certainly can play against them.

The BCS needs to go to a playoff system and change the conferences to allow for the top 8 teams across the country to compete against each other so we know who the real champion is. It's a shame Georgia, Mizzou, Kansas, USC and other teams that are up there with OSU/LSU don't get the opportunity to show their stuff.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Kramer » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:12 am

i forget about diekan.... then i visit the sports forum and then it's verbal diarhhea for EVERYONE! :band:

and i remember.... oh yeah, it's the 14 year old screaming fan-boi that probably never played sports.
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Kramer
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby brinstar » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:56 pm

Lyion wrote:The Big 10 has done ok against the SEC, it's just OSU has been lacking in the Champ game. Last year they were overmatched. This year they lost due to mistakes.

In case you missed it, Michigan beat Florida and Tenn/Wisc was a great game. The Big 10 isn't as tough as the SEC, but they certainly can play against them.

The BCS needs to go to a playoff system and change the conferences to allow for the top 8 teams across the country to compete against each other so we know who the real champion is. It's a shame Georgia, Mizzou, Kansas, USC and other teams that are up there with OSU/LSU don't get the opportunity to show their stuff.

today i read in the paper that one of the things the conference execs are going to talk about in the off-season is going to what they call a "plus-one" system. it's not a full-on playoff, but it would turn the four non-championship BCS games into a sort of a playoff, where they would pick what LOOK like the best two teams from the four winners and have them face off in the championship game a week later. i think it's a step in the right direction, personally

also, my red raiders snuck in at #22 on the final AP polls, woot! what a pleasant surprise
    compost the rich
    brinstar
    Cat Crew
    Cat Crew

Postby The Kizzy » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:51 am

Isn't Deikan the one who made a very long winded post about how boring we all are and how much we suck, and vowed to not come back?

Hiya Diekan :boots:
    Zanchief wrote:
    Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
    The Kizzy
    NT Patron
    NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:42 am

brinstar wrote:today i read in the paper that one of the things the conference execs are going to talk about in the off-season is going to what they call a "plus-one" system. it's not a full-on playoff, but it would turn the four non-championship BCS games into a sort of a playoff, where they would pick what LOOK like the best two teams from the four winners and have them face off in the championship game a week later. i think it's a step in the right direction, personally

also, my red raiders snuck in at #22 on the final AP polls, woot! what a pleasant surprise

They need to quit dilly dallying around and go with a playoff system. 8 teams, 3 games. +1 wouldn't cut it this year. It won't cut it in the future.

I'm not a Texas Tech fan, but man I love to watch their games. They're just fun. Well, I guess I'm a bit of a fan since I enjoy their style of play.
    C. S. Lewis
    Lyion
    Admin Abuse Squad
    Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Arlos » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:53 am

I repeat what I said before. Playoff system in College will never happen, because the NCAA and the participating colleges would stand to lose out on $$$ from all of the minor bowls.

-Arlos
    Arlos
    Admin Abuse Squad
    Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:01 pm

There's a major fucking problem when colleges become companies in it for the money.

Edit: /shiver that was a hippie statement :-x
    How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
    Harrison
    NT Legend
    NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:20 pm

Lyion wrote:
    brinstar wrote:today i read in the paper that one of the things the conference execs are going to talk about in the off-season is going to what they call a "plus-one" system. it's not a full-on playoff, but it would turn the four non-championship BCS games into a sort of a playoff, where they would pick what LOOK like the best two teams from the four winners and have them face off in the championship game a week later. i think it's a step in the right direction, personally

They need to quit dilly dallying around and go with a playoff system. 8 teams, 3 games. +1 wouldn't cut it this year. It won't cut it in the future.

I'm not a Texas Tech fan, but man I love to watch their games. They're just fun. Well, I guess I'm a bit of a fan since I enjoy their style of play.

yep yep the president of georgia U came out and said that today. he wants the Four Big Bowls to be round one, with a semi final round between the winners, and then the championship AFTER that. sounds great to me!
    compost the rich
    brinstar
    Cat Crew
    Cat Crew

Postby Evermore » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:30 pm

Arlos wrote:I repeat what I said before. Playoff system in College will never happen, because the NCAA and the participating colleges would stand to lose out on $$$ from all of the minor bowls.

-Arlos

all they would really need to do is to stage them into a tier system. make the last bowl the championship
    For you
    Evermore
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Lyion » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:41 pm

brinstar wrote:yep yep the president of georgia U came out and said that today. he wants the Four Big Bowls to be round one, with a semi final round between the winners, and then the championship AFTER that. sounds great to me!

That would be perfect. However, getting all the conferences to agree on this will be a pain.

All they need to do is check out the ratings for March Madness. Playoffs in college works.
    C. S. Lewis
    Lyion
    Admin Abuse Squad
    Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:47 pm

playoffs in every other sport works ;)
    Tikker
    NT Legend
    NT Legend

Postby Reynaldo » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:48 pm

brinstar wrote:yep yep the president of georgia U came out and said that today. he wants the Four Big Bowls to be round one, with a semi final round between the winners, and then the championship AFTER that. sounds great to me!

The #3 team that is left out is always going to be the squeaky wheel. The Florida AD was doing the same things before they whined enough to get UF into the championship last year. I'm sure if you ask the UF and LSU AD's how they feel about the BCS now though, they'll both say it's working GREAT!

It's inevitable that college football will go to a playoff. It's just going to take several years for the business side of it to devise a way to make the same amount or more money off of it before it gets implimented. I'd guess we'll have a playoff system in place no later than 2012 though.
    Reynaldo
    NT Veteran
    NT Veteran

Return to Sports and LEEZure