NFL Refs

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

NFL Refs

Postby Lyion » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:41 pm

Bubba Franks just caught a ball and reached it out for a first down for Green Bay.

The Line judge came in after the guy in the middle of the field spotted it, and moved it back a yard.

The challenge changed the spot back to where the first ref placed it.

This completely boggles my mind, and I think the NFL really needs to overhaul their antiquated system and ensure the correct spot.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Re: NFL Refs

Postby Reynaldo » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:24 pm

Ya that was terrible to move the ball after review. If it's 2 yards, then ya, but loving the ball less than a foot just to give GB the first down was pop warner style.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tikker » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:02 pm

eh, i thought the original spot was short, and the replay was closer to the correct spot
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:10 pm

The replay fixed a bad spot. However, if the line judge hadn't moved a very good spot for some bizarre reason, there wouldn't <and shouldn't> have been a need for a challenge.

Game is turning into Snowbowl 2.0.

It'll be fun if Dallas loses and the Giants go to Lambaugh field.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Reynaldo » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:26 pm

Ya, grand scheme of things, it didn't matter. SEA's defensive line has been getting blown up all game.

Time to start rooting against the Pats, Cowboys and Colts!!!
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Lyion » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:54 pm

Reynaldo wrote:Ya, grand scheme of things, it didn't matter. SEA's defensive line has been getting blown up all game.

Time to start rooting against the Pats, Cowboys and Colts!!!

Cowboys might lose. They have looked weak the last few weeks.

Pats are going to blowout the Jags. Colts are likewise going to steamroll my poor Bolts, unfortunately, although I'll be rooting for SD! Rivers isn't ready to take us to the promised land, unfortunately.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Lyion » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:41 pm

It's even worse watching the WWNFL game in New England.

The New England line is tackling the Jag rushers every play, but one guy bumps into Brady and holds him up and gets a 15 yard penalty.

Sure would be nice if this were a real football game, and not a Bob Kraft paid game where the officials ignore the Pats penalties.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:50 pm

Lyion wrote:Sure would be nice if this were a real football game, and not a Bob Kraft paid game where the officials ignore the Pats penalties.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:13 pm

That's fucking twice they've made up a personal foul out of thin-air against a player very obviously not the cause.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Reynaldo » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:15 pm

Seems pretty even to me officiating wise. Refs are getting in a few late hit calls late to try and bring the Jags back a bit.

I really thought the Jags were the only team left that had a realistic shot to beat NE @ Foxboro. No way the Colts or Bolts go up there and win.

Would love to see a Green Bay / NE super bowl at this point I guess.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Reynaldo » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:17 pm

What's interesting at this point is wasn't the final line on this game 11 or thereabouts? All these calls going in the Jags favor at the end are quite convenient to keep it under the spread.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Lyion » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:23 pm

Reynaldo wrote:Seems pretty even to me officiating wise. Refs are getting in a few late hit calls late to try and bring the Jags back a bit.

I really thought the Jags were the only team left that had a realistic shot to beat NE @ Foxboro. No way the Colts or Bolts go up there and win.

Would love to see a Green Bay / NE super bowl at this point I guess.

The Colts can beat the Pats in New England, no doubt. Especially if Manning is lights out and Harrison plays, and the Ref's actually aren't Kraft stoogies.

If the ref's call holding 1 out of 10 times the Pats line illegaly held the Jags, and if Northcutt makes a catch on that perfect Garrard throw in the third quarter, then the game is tighter. I'm sure then the ref's would've called a few more on the Jags to ensure victory, if that were the case.

The officiating only penalized the Pats when the game was in the bag. Very WWNFLish.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:27 pm

I think you watched a very different game than the rest of the world lol
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby numatu » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:07 pm

Every game I read the same things. It's simply not true.

You have to realize your irrational hatred of a football team is clouding your judgment. Especially when many of the big calls in this game went Jacksonville's way; they're not in someone's "pocket." It's just a fact of life that officials are human.

Garrard's knee was down on his second TD pass; it was called incorrectly.

Rodney Harrison's personal foul on the sideline was incorrect; the line judge who was 3 feet away saw the hit was legal, but the back judge ran from the other side of the field and threw the flag even though he was blocked from seeing the play.

15-yard face mask against Welker wasn't called.

A 15-yard face mask on NE against Fred Taylor was incorrect - the replay showed Taylor's head cock back due to the hit, not a hand in the face mask.

As for holding, technically it can be called on every play, but only the most egregious ones are normally called. NE's O-line blocked no different than JAC's O-line, and the officials let them both play for the most part.
numatu
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Harrison » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:10 pm

numatu wrote:Garrard's knee was down on his second TD pass; it was called incorrectly.

That was his first TD pass. While it could have been a great play (technically it was) it was called incorrectly and definitely would have been overturned had Belichick thrown the flag in time.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tikker » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:58 pm

it should have been challenged, but it wasn't a blatant miss. on something that insanely close, i'd rather they let it go to replay to challenge it
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Return to Sports and LEEZure