Giants vs. Packers

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Giants vs. Packers

Postby brinstar » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:26 pm

figured this epic game deserved its own thread

hell of a game on both sides, but the wheels fell off the packer bus in the 2nd half

nice to see the kicker get the W on the long boot after biffing two tries
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Re: Giants vs. Packers

Postby Lyion » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:38 pm

A really good game.

Fun to watch, lot's of lead changes. I hate to see Favre go out like that, but the Pack looked like a tired team in the second half, and NY seemed to want it more.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Kramer » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:58 pm

i can't imagine what kind of effect a wind chill of fucking -24 has on performances in every position....

that makes my bones hurt just thinking about it, i am a native houstonian so i have never touched anything close to that level of cold.

great game overall though. i had ol Plaxico on my fantasy football team this year, he had a great game.
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Kramer
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby Tikker » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:42 pm

Kramer wrote:i can't imagine what kind of effect a wind chill of fucking -24 has on performances in every position.....

it's no where near as bad as you think. I've played a couple of football games at that temp, and when you're playing, you don't really notice it. it's the situational guys that it would hurt the most
    Tikker
    NT Legend
    NT Legend

Postby Gaazy » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:21 pm

Like he said, once your movin its not so bad. I used to be a ski racer. One year when I was 15 I qualified for the eastern junior olympics. It was at Sugarloaf, Maine, and that morning of one of the races it was -10 or so real temp, and at the top of the mountain with wids of like 30 mph, the windchill was god knows how cold. Add a spandex race suit into that and youve got cold~ So im sure the guys sitting on the sidelines and not mvin around were pretty fuckin miserable, but the regular players im sure were so into the game they didnt even notice
    Gaazy
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Harrison » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:08 am

The only time that matters is when you hit the frozen solid ground in a bad way. That is the only thing I hated about playing in the ridiculously cold days.

As far as being cold only your fingers suffered if you weren't putting in an effort to keep them warm. On really cold days I had issues receiving and rarely on a handoff/sweep-pitch.

I suppose breathing sucked twice as hard. I know my chest still burns when I jog this time of year. :dunno:
    How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
    Harrison
    NT Legend
    NT Legend

Postby Gaazy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:57 am

The worst part for me was catching an edge on the headwall and goin airborne at 60+ MPH in the Super G, which meant taking a slide on the solid, salted ice for a few hundred yards in the spandex like suit~ Cracked my helmet straight across the back I hit so hard
    Gaazy
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Return to Sports and LEEZure