For Diekan

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

For Diekan

Postby Ouchyfish » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:29 am

Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Re: For Diekan

Postby Diekan » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:06 am

they played like shit. bad play calling (not kicking a field goal... wtf) and piss poor protection.

they'll do it again next year. need to get rid of a few old timers and restack the deck.... guys like hobbs and light need to go.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Lyion » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:49 am

Diekan wrote:they played like shit. bad play calling (not kicking a field goal... wtf) and piss poor protection.

they'll do it again next year. need to get rid of a few old timers and restack the deck.... guys like hobbs and light need to go.

Yes, get rid of their pro bowl tackle.

Nope, the Pats are done. Moss probably won't be back. Other teams have a blueprint for how to rattle 'footsteps' Brady. When he takes a few hits, suddenly the ball is coming out a lot quicker.

They'll make the playoffs next year and lose to a revamped AFC team in the first round.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ouchyfish » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:17 am

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Diekan » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:38 pm

Lyion wrote:
Diekan wrote:they played like shit. bad play calling (not kicking a field goal... wtf) and piss poor protection.

Yes, get rid of their pro bowl tackle.

Nope, the Pats are done. Moss probably won't be back. Other teams have a blueprint for how to rattle 'footsteps' Brady. When he takes a few hits, suddenly the ball is coming out a lot quicker.

They'll make the playoffs next year and lose to a revamped AFC team in the first round.

The problem is... Matt Light is NOT Pro-Bowl material... the rest of the line makes him "look" better than he really is. If you watch any of the games - closely - you'll see that the majority of the pressure - getting to Brady - comes form Light's side. I can't count the number of blown blocks I seen him throw... piss poor blocking. If the rest of the line weren't as good - and if they didn't have the likes of a Kyle Brady or a Ben Watson - or even an Evans (now and then) to help on Light's side - he'd have been exposed LONG ago.

Moss will be back... hopefully so will Jr.

Hobbs needs to go - he gets burned damn near every game. Light needs to go, he's substandard now.

There are a few others that need to as well...

I think the pressure of going undefeated finally caught up to them. We get an emotional high during the 2 and a half, three hours we watch the game - for most of us that can be tiring. Now imagine trying to keep that same level of emotional intensity throughout and entire season.

They looked tired. They looked frustrated. They looked like they'd under way too much stress and pressure...

They'll be back next... will they go undefeated? Probably not. Will the go to the SB again? Very good chance they could. Will they have the same exact crew? More than likely not.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Ouchyfish » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:53 pm

All kidding aside, you and a lot of people are overlooking one really painful fact:

The NFL as a whole sucked a HUGE cock this year.

It allowed NE to look like some kind of fucking superhuman team. Yeah, they were good, but nowhere near as good as their record made them look.

Sun 9/9 at NY Jets W 38-14 (NY:4-12)
Sun 9/16 San Diego W 38-14 (SD:11-5)
Sun 9/23 Buffalo W 38-7 (Buf:7-9)
Mon 10/1 at Cincinnati W 34-13 (Cin: 7-9)
Sun 10/7 Cleveland W 34-17 (Cle:10-6)
Sun 10/14 at Dallas W 48-27 (Dal:13-3)
Sun 10/21 at Miami W 49-28 (Mia:1-15)
Sun 10/28 Washington W 52-7 (Was:9-7)
Sun 11/4 at Indianapolis W 24-20 (Ind:13-3)
bye
Sun 11/18 at Buffalo W 56-10 (Buf:7-9)
Sun 11/25 Philadelphia W 31-28 (Phi:8-8)
Mon 12/3 at Baltimore W 27-24 (Bal:5-11) (Remember them? They lost to Miami!)
Sun 12/9 Pittsburgh W 34-13 (Pit:10-6)
Sun 12/16 NY Jets W 20-10 (NY:4-12)
Sun 12/23 Miami W 28-7 (Mia:1-15)
Sat 12/29 at NY Giants W 38-35 (NY:10-6)
Playoffs
Sat 1/12 Jacksonville W 31-20
Sun 1/20 San Diego W 21-12
Sun 2/3 NY Giants L 14-17

That's 9 victories over .500 or worse teams. And a REALLY weak division/conference/league to boot.

All of it showed last night, too. Get over it. They were a decent team in a SHITTY year. I just thank God a team finally proved it to them and the world.

Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Harrison » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:21 pm

You're just pissed your team blows flaccid cock and won't ever be near the superbowl for at least another decade.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gaazy » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:19 pm

Its interesting seeing someone you know on the field in the damn super bowl. Ahmad Bradshaw I know from college. One of my best friends I graduated with played ball so I knew him ok. Not super well, but on a name to name basis. Just weird watching it like, hey, i know that guy.

I used to go watch Moss play basketball and track when he was in high school. Fucking unreal athlete allaround. He hasnt forgotten where hes from is one of the things I liked about him. Did you know since he left Marshall and went pro, he's flown one of the old high school janitors to almost all the games? Apparently the janitor was always really supportive to him and stuff so Moss brings him along haha
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby brinstar » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:35 pm

Ouchyfish wrote:http://tombradyowned.ytmnd.com/

lol i just realized that was hochstein blowing his block on that monster sack

hochstein was a husker, born and raised in hartington, NE

i used to party with his cousin
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Kitao » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:47 am

The Patriots schedule was legit.

They played the hardest NFC division along with Indianapolis, SD twice , a Pittsburgh team who going in was hot if I am not mistaken and Jacksonville. All of which turned into W's.

Sure, they had some things go their way with injuries and such to the Colts and Chargers - but both teams played them hard at least once.

The Colts were - about 7 minutes of terrible 4th Quarter football against the Pats and a missed 35ish yard field goal from Vinatieri - from going undefeated into week 17 against the No Offense Titans.

I think the Colts have a chance at going undefeated in the next two years since they have their big names lined up and their defense figured out. Really, any cornerback can fit into that "system" and Wayne demonstrated the ability to shoulder the load as the #1 which only makes their offense scarier if Harrison ever comes back in any shape.
Kitao
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Lyion » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:04 am

Kitao wrote:I think the Colts have a chance at going undefeated in the next two years since they have their big names lined up and their defense figured out. Really, any cornerback can fit into that "system" and Wayne demonstrated the ability to shoulder the load as the #1 which only makes their offense scarier if Harrison ever comes back in any shape.

I think that chance is slim. The Colts play in arguably the toughest division in football. I think the last few years were the Colts best chance, when their division foes weren't as tough. Today, they have 4 legit playoff teams in their conference.

The Pats play in the weakest. It's a big help when your division foes are all pansies.

That said, there is no 'gimme' schedule in the NFL. Even if you win your division games, as you pointed out, you still have to play other teams.

The Pats had an amazing achievement, but I'm personally glad they didn't seal the deal. It's bad enough listening to the asshats talking about the 72 dolphins each year.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Return to Sports and LEEZure