NBA playoffs

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

NBA playoffs

Postby Phlegm » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:11 am

West:

Lakers vs. Nuggets
Hornets vs. Mavericks
Spurs vs. Suns
Jazz vs. Rockets

East:

Celtics vs. Hawks
Pistons vs. 76ers
Magic vs. Raptors
Wizards vs. Cavaliers

I think the best series to watch will be the Suns against the Spurs.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: NBA playoffs

Postby Zanchief » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:15 am

Aside from Raps/Magic, I'll be watching Lakers/Nuggets.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby recks » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:04 pm

Lakers in 6
Hornets in 6
Spurs in 7
Jazz in 5

Celtics in 4
Pistons in 4
Magic in 7
Wizards in 6

Count it! :arms:
recks
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Kramer » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:07 am

I was about to post the jazz in 4 - but i just read that the Rockets pulled one out last night, so yeah, Jazz in 5 sadly
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Kramer
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:48 am

i'm pulling for mcgrady - go rockets imo!
    "I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
    Gypsiyee
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:08 am

Gypsiyee wrote:i'm pulling for mcgrady - go rockets imo!

Poor guy needs to get traded to the eastern conference if he really wants to win a series.
    Zanchief
    Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:43 am

i don't know, i can respect what he's basically single-handedly done since yao's been out in such a tough conference. it's really a testament to what he brings to the table, and it makes him that much stronger each year. like, if he had accomplished the same feats in the eastern conference, it wouldn't have been nearly as impressive.

listen to me trying to sound like a basketball buff. i'm not, i just really like him and feel for all the work he's done just to get ousted year after year so soon.
    "I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
    Gypsiyee
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:45 am

Yes but all those accomplishments will mean nothing because he'll lose in th first round again.
    Zanchief
    Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:57 am

but what i'm saying is he'll be that much stronger next year, and when he FINALLY gets to the second round it'll taste that much more sweet!

i mean what's the better feeling of accomplishment?

the western conference is tough - i mean it's centimeters of separation between the teams. doing well there says something in and of itself.

i dunno, i think it's a pride thing for me. this year may not be his year, and the last couple certainly haven't.. but once he finally hits it, and he will, it's gonna be awesome. i wanna see him get there, and i wanna see him get there with the rockets.
    Gypsiyee
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:00 am

With his back, going through a tough 82+ game season doesn't always make you stronger.
    Zanchief
    Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:06 am

oh you just shut up, you're a hopeless canadian.

i mean mentally and play ability you donkey! it's figurative!

i don't mean he's going to go bench press a truck.
    Last edited by Gypsiyee on Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Gypsiyee
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:07 am

I'm just saying~
    Zanchief
    Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo

Postby recks » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:47 am

Broom for the suns!
    recks
    NT Froglok
    NT Froglok

Postby Gypsiyee » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:21 pm

broom for the nuggets!
    Gypsiyee
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby recks » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:29 pm

Broom to your face!
    recks
    NT Froglok
    NT Froglok

Postby leah » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:44 pm

heeeeee!! ok i think basketball is pretty boring but i was just reading this thread cuz i'm bored and gyps calling zanchief a donkey just made my night :D
    lolz
    leah
    Preggers!
    Preggers!

Postby recks » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:11 pm

Fucking Hawks wtf?!?
    recks
    NT Froglok
    NT Froglok

Postby Jay » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:33 am

GO HAWKS!!!! FUCK KG!!

Seriously, if San Antonio loses before the finals, Pistons or Cavs taking it.
    leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
    Jay
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:49 am

well, at least the nuggets got swept

and you said the 76ers were nothing without AI! they do better than the team with him, ha!

really though, I hope they get some brains and fire George Karl.. cripes, as much as they're paying for that roster. worst coach ever.

PS, why fuck KG? he's an amazing player and humble about his skill to boot. why on earth would you pull for the Cavs with mr. 'i'm so fly' LeBron and say something as silly as fuck KG?
    Gypsiyee
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Jay » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:00 am

False modesty is lame. False modesty with underlying truth lamer. You don't ask 20 mil because you think you're "all right". Lebron keeps it real. He is fly. He knows it, I know it, our friend Michael Jordan knows it.
    leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
    Jay
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:22 am

are you serious, really you can't be serious. false modesty? there is nothing false about that man. he asks for his salary because he's worth his salary, that doesn't make him less genuine. he's an 11 time all star, an mvp, got defensive player of the year this year - he has every right to have as swollen a head as lebron, he just doesn't. there is nothing in his character that signifies false modesty unless you're just regurgitating something some random commentator says, and I'd love to hear your take on justifying why he's 'falsely modest.' he plays worse when he gets public praise for gods sake.

LeBron is a great player, no doubt, but he sucks his own dick enough to qualify him as a whore. It's not just about the game for him, it's about publicity - his passion for the game, imo, is nowhere near his passion for the money, and for that reason I will always respect KG more. KG's intensity is within the scope of basketball, not how pretty he can look in a barrage of commercials.
    Gypsiyee
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:22 am

Yes, but KG plays for Boston, which is one of the most despicable teams in the league. Wouldn't it be hilarious if after all this talk of best team ever and OMG sweep the world, both the Pats and the Celtics come home with not a single thing? Maybe god really does care about sports!
    Zanchief
    Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:44 am

the team isn't despicable (minus scallopini) - the home based fans are. there's a difference! I also disagree with the overhyped godliness people like to give them - they're a great team but I hate when anyone just hands out a championship before the season has really begun, I think it's ridiculous.

I love Doc Rivers, really just love him. I'm crazy about Rondo, will scream from the mountaintops my undying love for Pauly, who doesn't love Ray Allen, and I like Perk. I'm not nuts about Posey, I'm more indifferent. There are very few qualms I have with their roster, so it's hard to view them as despicable~
    Gypsiyee
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby recks » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:07 am

Doc is being out coached by Woodson, his inability to take Shuttlesworth off Joe Johnson was the reason the C's lost, Ray can't defend him for shit so JJ got off like 20 points in the forth....not to mention Paul Pierce missed a wide open layup

Denver was just LOL bad this post season, that team needs to be blown up, GK fired, Anthony Carter sent back to the D-Leauge, Camby shipped while his trade value is high. Trade Melo for someone who actually wants to play and doesn't smile like a fucking clown every time he misses or his team is being blown out by 20-30 points

LeTravel is the truth on the court, still second to Kobe but not for much longer. Hopefully he leaves the Cavs and goes to the Brooklyn nets which looks likely by the amount of Jay Z's balls he has in his mouth

Theres nothing False about KG, its hard to feel sorry for him when he sucked all the money from the wolves and somehow wanted "more help"......but his heart or modestly being questioned is laughable http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef-f7EeDpYI Havn't you seen him crying like a girl?

All the talk about the best post season ever in the west really didn't come to pass at all, the shit house east is more entertaining. I swear if theres another Spurs /Cavs / Pistons finals I'm gonna switch sports to turn left turn left turn left NASCAR
    recks
    NT Froglok
    NT Froglok

Postby Zanchief » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:11 am

Gypsiyee wrote:the team isn't despicable (minus scallopini)

Sure, if you ignore the fact that they overtly tanked all last season to try and get Greg Oden. Even players where quoted as saying they were instructed to tank. It's pretty much my most hated franchise.
    Zanchief
    Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo

Next

Return to Sports and LEEZure