NBA playoffs

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Re: NBA playoffs

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:23 am

recks wrote:I swear if theres another Spurs /Cavs / Pistons finals I'm gonna switch sports to turn left turn left turn left NASCAR

if that happens, I'm leaving you. I'd rather you switch to professional bowling than nascar!

i know it's your most hated franchise zan, but don't misdirect your hostility!
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:24 am

It's not misdirected. They're cheaters. Why should I like em?
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:31 am

cheaters are the patriots videotaping other teams

intentional tanking isn't technically cheating, it's strategy. of course i don't know the details of what you're talking about, but they didn't have a snowballs chance in hell last year, so imo tank away.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:38 am

No, it's cheating. It's against the rules, and I'm 90% sure Stern fixed the balls so they didn't get a top 3 pick because of it.

I'd have just taken their pick away completely personally, but I care about the integrity of the game and stuff.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:44 am

well we have to agree to disagree i reckon

i mean there are varying degrees of cheating - going against the rules in a way that can't really be proven and blatantly stealing strategies and plays are in two totally different ball parks to me. like tanking a season would never be something that i could personally eternally hate a team for, especially since it's upper management that makes that decision and there's lots worse those people can do than say hey do really bad on purpose so we can have a shot next year.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:00 am

Actually it's much worse than just upper management. Management has to tell the coach, who has to accept losing. Then he has to tell the players who have to accept losing. Every aspect of that team is tainted with dishonesty.

I think tanking the way the Celtics did last year is actually much worse then what the Pats did.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:05 am

in the end though, 'not' accepting losing in that situation would be akin to telling your boss to shove it up his ass. you risk losing your job, essentially

we'll definitely have to agree to disagree that this is worse than what the pats did. it's not like they rigged the picks, they did it for a *chance.* rigging the picks would've been a different story.

either way, they didn't get oden.. good thing too.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Kramer » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:18 am

unless i get free tickets to an open-air stadium and have a beer and roasted peanuts, baseball makes me tired.
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Kramer
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:55 pm

Kramer wrote:unless i get free tickets to an open-air stadium and have a beer and roasted peanuts, baseball makes me tired.

good thing you're in a basketball thread then o.O
    Gypsiyee
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Eziekial » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:28 pm

I was at game 3 of the Lakers/Nuggets and I can say now with certainty that the Nuggets suck.
    Eziekial
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby leah » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:43 pm

Gypsiyee wrote:
    Kramer wrote:unless i get free tickets to an open-air stadium and have a beer and roasted peanuts, baseball makes me tired.

good thing you're in a basketball thread then o.O

this also made me giggle. this thread is full of amusement!
    lolz
    leah
    Preggers!
    Preggers!

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:57 pm

Eziekial wrote:I was at game 3 of the Lakers/Nuggets and I can say now with certainty that the Nuggets suck.

for christmas i got jonathan front row seats to the magic/nuggets game and thankfully they actually played worth a shit and i didn't feel like i threw my money away.. they lost anyway, but the magic is a good team so it was fairly justified

individually, the nuggets are great players. together and with that fucking joke of a coach, they're a disaster. it's like balls to the wall i can run the ball better than you one up type of play, they have no idea how to play defense or play as a team. as much as they're paying for the roster it's just embarrassing

if avery johnson got fired and they don't fire george karl, i'm going to bludgeon my eye out with a wooden spoon. i like avery johnson - bad fit fine, but i like him. george karl however.. he's not fit to coach a friggin peewee league. absolutely no energy in that man. 'oh shit, we're losing. i'm going to sit here on my fat ass and sigh rather than coach'
    Gypsiyee
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Eziekial » Thu May 01, 2008 7:37 am

Yeah, I was looking down at the bench when the team was down 6 or something in the 2nd quarter thinking, "This is a great time to call a time-out and set-up a play to cut the lead and get the crowd into the game." So what happens? Nothing, Carl is leaning against the scorer's table looking bored and the lakers go on a run and increase the lead. On the other side, Phil has his Zen face on with a subtle smile and squinty eyes. Honestly, he was like meditating the whole game. The only time he moved was to call a time out when the nuggets woke-up for a brief moment and cut the lead to 8, late in the third quarter. The crowd was going nuts (like the only time too) and nuggets had just scored 10 points in a row. I don't think Phil even talked to the players, just a TO to calm everyone down. Lakers go on a 8 point run, crowd is silent, game over. Brilliant move.
    Eziekial
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby recks » Fri May 02, 2008 9:07 pm

Rondo is clutch at dribbling.
    recks
    NT Froglok
    NT Froglok

Postby Phlegm » Fri May 02, 2008 11:13 pm

recks wrote:Rondo is clutch at dribbling.

:lol:
    Phlegm
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gypsiyee » Sun May 04, 2008 4:31 pm

obliterating humiliation in game 7~

bad form taking rondo down, man that looked painful ><
    Gypsiyee
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Mon May 05, 2008 7:10 am

Gypsiyee wrote:obliterating humiliation in game 7~

bad form taking rondo down, man that looked painful ><

The hit made me chuckle.
    Zanchief
    Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo

Postby Gypsiyee » Mon May 05, 2008 8:14 am

what, why!

jeezo man, so angry. rondo's a good kid!
    Gypsiyee
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Mon May 05, 2008 8:50 am

Because it really wasn't that hard a hit and I hate Rondo.
    Zanchief
    Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo

Postby Gypsiyee » Mon May 05, 2008 11:33 am

what? why ><

and i totally disagree with you - i don't think he was deliberately trying to injure him, but that was definitely a hard hit. he got clotheslined in the throat mid-air.. that's pretty rough.
    Last edited by Gypsiyee on Mon May 05, 2008 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Gypsiyee
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Mon May 05, 2008 11:36 am

Because he plays for Boston and I have to hear about how awesome he is all the time (he's not).
    Zanchief
    Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo

Postby Gypsiyee » Mon May 05, 2008 11:38 am

haha, oh zan. you're probably my favorite canadian.

you and your sour berry flavored boston hatorade juice.
    Gypsiyee
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Mon May 05, 2008 11:40 am

Gypsiyee wrote:you and your sour berry flavored boston hatorade juice.

I never claimed I was rational~
    Zanchief
    Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo

Postby recks » Mon May 05, 2008 3:21 pm

Zanchief wrote:Because he plays for Boston and I have to hear about how awesome he is all the time (he's not).

Hes like Nash and Isaiah Thomas combined
    recks
    NT Froglok
    NT Froglok

Postby Zanchief » Mon May 05, 2008 3:44 pm

recks wrote:
    Zanchief wrote:Because he plays for Boston and I have to hear about how awesome he is all the time (he's not).

Hes like Nash and Isaiah Thomas combined

Only with awesome defense.
    Zanchief
    Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo

PreviousNext

Return to Sports and LEEZure