NBA playoffs

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Re: NBA playoffs

Postby Phlegm » Fri May 09, 2008 11:18 am

Lebron James is sucking major ass against the Celtics so far. If he doesn't play better, the Cavs are gone in 4.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri May 09, 2008 4:15 pm

and I look forward to it ;)

Jay wrote:GO HAWKS!!!! FUCK KG!!

Seriously, if San Antonio loses before the finals, Pistons or Cavs taking it.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Kramer » Mon May 12, 2008 9:00 pm

lebron played like a champ on saturday night (right?)
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Kramer
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue May 13, 2008 3:35 am

if by played like a champ you mean played like he's expected to play rather than the embarrasment he's put forth the rest of this series then sure

i was hoping for a boston victory last night because i said celts in 5, but no matter - jonathan can take that prediction

i don't think they have even a remote chance in boston, but good on them if they prove me wrong. wouldn't want lebron's mommy getting upset again

i don't know wtf is up with boston's away playoff record, but it *should* be series over now.
    "I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
    Gypsiyee
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Tue May 13, 2008 6:42 am

I'm not sure why you're so confident when Boston has been playing like shit.

It seems the big three has shriveled down to KG and two overpaid scrubs.

They may beat Cleveland, but if they continue to play the way they have been, they are going to get killed by Detroit.
    Zanchief
    Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo

Postby recks » Tue May 13, 2008 8:07 am

Deeeeetroooooooooooooooit Basketbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall

Lebrons dunk was crazy over KG
    recks
    NT Froglok
    NT Froglok

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue May 13, 2008 3:29 pm

Zanchief wrote:I'm not sure why you're so confident when Boston has been playing like shit.

It seems the big three has shriveled down to KG and two overpaid scrubs.

They may beat Cleveland, but if they continue to play the way they have been, they are going to get killed by Detroit.

I agree on the road, they've been playing like shiz. At home though, they play more like they have all season. I think it's some bs psychological issue, who knows
    Gypsiyee
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Jay » Wed May 14, 2008 9:37 am

God I hate the Celtics. Go LeBron! Fuck up that fag KG ><
    leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
    Jay
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed May 14, 2008 3:37 pm

man, something is seriously wrong with you if you don't like KG. i mean there's lots of stuff to hate about lots of players, but he's just not one of em
    Gypsiyee
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Phlegm » Wed May 14, 2008 9:46 pm

Maybe he hates Garnett because a while back he punch one of his teammate in practice because the guy put on some move and made him look bad.
    Phlegm
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu May 15, 2008 5:01 am

that was what, 4 years ago? dude's been in the league for 13 years - most everyone in the league that long has something on their record. i never said the guy wasn't a bit crazy (cuz he is, i mean the guy walks around talking to himself) - but to paint him as a horrible person or some overrated fag is just an incorrect depiction.

he's a veteran solid player with solid stats with minimal confrontations, can't really paint him as a ron artest.
    Gypsiyee
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Jay » Fri May 16, 2008 3:05 pm

How long did KG talk about being loyal to McHale and needing help to win a title yet he sucks up 20mil from McHale's payroll. He's a phoney. I don't like him. He plays himself off to be a true sportsman and champ to the likes of Tim Duncan but then he demands 20 mil. Duncan on the otherhand is demanding a paycut to get future blood into the franchise so that he can retire a champ "like David did".
    leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
    Jay
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gypsiyee » Sat May 17, 2008 8:15 am

Tim Duncan and KG aren't even comparable.

You're talking about a man who had to carry his team for 10 years and a man who has repeatedly been surrounded by talent and made it far into the playoffs.

I love Duncan, wish he wasn't on the Spurs to be honest (not a fan) - but those aren't even in the same realm of comparison. Duncan has his ring.

Having to carry your team and going nowhere is rough work - it's mentally draining to know you're one of the most talented players in the league but you'll never get anywhere because of where you are. You'd want more money to carry a team full of schlubs for a decade, too.
    Gypsiyee
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Gypsiyee » Mon May 19, 2008 3:22 am

yay!

pauly was a beast. <3
    Gypsiyee
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby recks » Mon May 19, 2008 8:16 am

Ray Allen must be hoping Detroit play Denzel Washington on him in the ECF.
    recks
    NT Froglok
    NT Froglok

Postby Zanchief » Mon May 19, 2008 7:06 pm

recks wrote:Ray Allen must be hoping Detroit play Denzel Washington on him in the ECF.

hahahah

One of the few times I'll actually be cheering for Detroit.
    Zanchief
    Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo

Postby Jay » Tue May 20, 2008 10:13 am

Gypsiyee wrote:Tim Duncan and KG aren't even comparable.

You're talking about a man who had to carry his team for 10 years and a man who has repeatedly been surrounded by talent and made it far into the playoffs.

I love Duncan, wish he wasn't on the Spurs to be honest (not a fan) - but those aren't even in the same realm of comparison. Duncan has his ring.

Having to carry your team and going nowhere is rough work - it's mentally draining to know you're one of the most talented players in the league but you'll never get anywhere because of where you are. You'd want more money to carry a team full of schlubs for a decade, too.

Team full of schlubs? He deserved a team full of schlubs. He chose money over winning with his high pay. He could have easily requested a contract reneg and fit some help into the team. Winning was never as important as the payday and now he has both so cong I guess.

Jay
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Arlos » Tue May 20, 2008 2:57 pm

Arlos
    Admin Abuse Squad
    Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Phlegm » Fri May 30, 2008 11:38 am

I can't believe a team like the Spurs blew big ass leads in two games like that.
    Phlegm
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri May 30, 2008 11:39 am

good riddance - aside from duncan, i don't like any of em ><
    Gypsiyee
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Phlegm » Fri May 30, 2008 11:52 am

Floppers beware:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8192 ... l-of-flops

Manu Ginobili just had the most brutal day of his career.

He's had worse games than his 9-point, 7-rebound effort against the Lakers as the Spurs were bounced out of the playoffs Thursday night. But that was nothing compared to the bitter blow he received earlier in the day when the NBA announced that next year it would begin fining floppers for their pantomime antics.

The news so totally depressed Ginobili he couldn't even bring himself to give us one farewell rendering of his signature whiplash, I've-been-mortally-wounded performance art pieces.
    Phlegm
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri May 30, 2008 11:53 am

lol
    Gypsiyee
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Fri May 30, 2008 12:18 pm

Damn, this is going to hurt my Euronto Raptors~
    Zanchief
    Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo

Postby Jay » Fri May 30, 2008 12:31 pm

I wonder how much money Bill Laimbier(sp?) would have been fined throughout his career.

As much as I think Kobe is a dbag, I think his game has really matured and the Lakers really deserved that, even though I hate the Lakers. I seriously never thought I'd see another Celtics/Lakers finals in my lifetime. Also, I don't know which shitbag team I want to win.

Jay
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Nappy Headed Ho

Previous

Return to Sports and LEEZure