NFL Draft

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

NFL Draft

Postby Gaazy » Wed May 07, 2008 7:26 pm

come back to be surprised that someone hasnt started a thread here about it yet...usually there is..

So, thoughts? I didnt get to watch hardly any of it that weekend because I was in New Mexico for work

All I know is that one of my best buddies signed a 3 year with the Steelers, Doug Legursky. Score!
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Re: NFL Draft

Postby Tikker » Wed May 07, 2008 7:54 pm

Weaknesses:
Is shorter than you would prefer....Does not have long arms....Is not stout at the point of attack...Does not handle himself well in space...Plays too tall...Lacks great balance and agility...Just average mobility...Uses poor leverage...Upside is limited.

steelers oline is in need of a major reconstruction, so he may have a chance to stick around if he's a hard worker
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gaazy » Wed May 07, 2008 8:07 pm

his arms are waaay to short, that was the only reason he didnt go very well. I dont agree with the rest of it, except for his mobility to an extent, because he has bad ankles. Those are his two downpoints really, and he knows that. His ankles are shot to shit pretty much, so I really dont think he'll play too long of a career to be honest, if he even makes the team heh. Hes really the most driven person Ive ever met though, and I think thats his plus side. Im just happy hes gettin a shot, its pretty cool. Hes got some hard work ahead of him though

edit: ah, and the coolest thing about it i think was being in the room with him when he got the call. I got off the plane, went to his place, 5 minutes later, they called him. Nice timing
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Reynaldo » Thu May 08, 2008 10:00 am

Chiefs did great. Their first 3 picks were exactly who I was hoping they'd get (besides Jake Long of course - but that wasn't an option)

Jamaal Charles IMO was a steal as low as we got him, but the RB depth was huge.

If they can have another good offseason next year and get a decent QB sometime soon, they should be pretty competitive for 2010-2015.

Of course now is my most hated part of the sports year where you only have baseball and waiting for the draft picks to sign/holdout for stupid amounts of money.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Griever » Thu May 08, 2008 11:04 am

I don't see how any team can fuck up with 3 first rounders. So saying KC did great is not neccessarily a testament to their FO.
Griever
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Reynaldo » Thu May 08, 2008 7:57 pm

Considering the moves they made to get the additional first rounder (and sucking last season), I think they made great moves in picking arguably the best defensive player in the draft at 5, then ninja'ing up 2 slots to get Albert at 15. In the Vermiel days we would have traded out of those picks for a 35 year old cornerback and 55 year old QB.

Herm can't coach for shit, but at least he's building a good, young team for whoever takes over when he gets canned.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tikker » Thu May 08, 2008 8:48 pm

haha

I really don't like Herm as a head coach at all
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Griever » Fri May 09, 2008 12:35 pm

I totally agree with trading Jarred Allen for the picks they got. But if Branden Albert or Brandon Flowers bust they will always look back to trade and say you guys were stupid for giving up a young stud DE.
Griever
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Jay » Wed May 14, 2008 9:39 am

Bears did meh. Still no QB prospect ><
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Return to Sports and LEEZure