brett favrerrereve

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

brett favrerrereve

Postby brinstar » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:15 pm

a) don't retire if you still wanna play, jackass
b) if you do retire, stay retired, jackass
c) don't tarnish a fantastic career by stirring up a media circus less than a year after you "retire," jackass

oh, and bonus sports-related rant:

why can't manny ramirez just fall in a well and die, so the entire set of ESPN baseball commentators/analysts can find someone ELSE to talk about during 95% of their air time.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Re: brett favrerrereve

Postby Drem » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:29 pm

hahahahahaha about the commentary. F Ramirez
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Griever » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:27 am

Its not as black and white as that Brin. The Packers kind of forced Brett's hand because they wanted to know as soon as possible if Farve would retire so they could move on with Aaron Rogers. Farve probably thought it was easier to retire and come back if he found the decision was wrong rather than commit to the team and retire in the middle of the offseason.

At least thats what I'm hearing in the media. I feel Farve has every right to keep playing for as long as he wants to play. This will not tarnish his career in the least bit. Arizona didn't tarnish Emmitt Smith's career, St. Louis didn't tarnish Namath's nor did San Diego tarnish Unitas'.
Griever
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Phlegm » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:13 am

Maybe he won't come back since the Packers offered him a 10-year, $20 million marketing and licensing deal to stay retired.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Griever » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:39 am

$20 million to Brett Farve is nothing. If Farve wants to play, chump change like that won't make him flinch.
Griever
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tikker » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:39 pm

Phlegm wrote:Maybe he won't come back since the Packers offered him a 10-year, $20 million marketing and licensing deal to stay retired.

if he comes back, he's owed 12 mil, 13 mil and 14 mil over the next 3 years

20 million doesn't sound that good ;)
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:36 am

okay but i'm still tired of hearing about it ;\
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby brinstar » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:24 pm

FFS hopefully the favre circus will be over, at least until the next time he "retires"

also -

innings into tonight's cubs/astros game that went by before all ESPN color commentary turned into manny ramirez conversation: 4
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Kramer » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:45 am

Montana also played for another team at the end of his career (and ended up taking them to playoffs if i remember) a little diff situation, but still one where he left his career long team.....

and, i wouldn't mind if all baseball players fell in a well and died so that all we could hear about is football
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Kramer
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby Drem » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:48 am

Kramer wrote:Montana also played for another team at the end of his career (and ended up taking them to playoffs if i remember) a little diff situation, but still one where he left his career long team.....

and, i wouldn't mind if all baseball players fell in a well and died so that all we could hear about is football

funny, that's how i feel about football players
    Drem
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:22 am

seriously, fuck baseball
    Tikker
    NT Legend
    NT Legend

Postby Kramer » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:50 am

rofl.

:hiphop:
      Kramer
      NT Traveller
      NT Traveller

Postby brinstar » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:42 pm

okay let's make a comparison then

manny is like john david booty of USC

you couldn't watch a fucking college FB game anywhere without the announcers slobbering all over themselves talking about john david booty this john david booty that john david booty john david booty JOHN DAVID BOOTY

EXCEPT

manny doesn't fade away quickly into obscurity like booty, he just keeps on playing. we can't fuckin get rid of the guy

oh, and baseball > you
      compost the rich
      brinstar
      Cat Crew
      Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:05 pm

any team that takes the top spot has a player that turns into a media hype. the only problem with manny is that everyone actually likes him, opposed to how it was with A-Rod

one month til OCTOBER. can't Fing wait. i always love it when a young franchise gets its chance to shine, but this year is a huge bonus because one of those young franchises (Tampa Bay) is DOMINATING the AL East. fuck the Sox, fuck the Yankees. this season has been great. i mean shit, even the Cubs are doing good for once and leading the NL Central by a big margin. the only thing i didn't see coming was the Dodgers edging ahead of Colorado

GIVE ME OCTOBER PLZ
      Drem
      Nappy Headed Ho
      Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:44 am

Drem wrote:
      Kramer wrote:Montana also played for another team at the end of his career (and ended up taking them to playoffs if i remember) a little diff situation, but still one where he left his career long team.....

funny, that's how i feel about football players

I agree.. living in wisconsin for 2 years I wanted to shoot myself. football freakin mania.

you think you hear about favre a lot on the news brin, go up there! it's all they talk about.. favre and beer. being as I hate football and much prefer baseball and basketball, it was like... blech. I've tried to like football so I could get into everyone else's obsession and excitement with it, but I just can't.

course, ever since javy was traded to the orioles my heart hasn't been in baseball either :(
      "I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
      Gypsiyee
      NT Deity
      NT Deity

Postby Drem » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:10 am

Javy Lopez?

it's really weird that everyone in Baltimore was excited to see him go. all that happened was Angelos getting some more money in his pocket.... not a very fair trade, imo, because i kinda liked him and i don't think the Bosox deserve a catcher like that. I'm pretty sure the only other team interested in him was the Yankees but i think that the day he was put on waivers didn't allow NYY to have a chance at him

and yeah, i grew up in a smallish town and the craze (for EVERYONE) was football. i just got kind of tired of it i guess
      Drem
      Nappy Headed Ho
      Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:40 am

i grew up in a place called hastings, NE

only thing that puts NE on the sports map is usually NU football. i always thought they were boring to watch (oh look, another six yard run play! oh look, another six yard run play!) and when i got to UNL i found the players were all pampered assholes. now, while i'm sure the same is true at my favorite college football school (texas tech-- preseason rank 14 woot!), the fact that i don't have to see it first hand keeps it from bothering me :)

my only salvation from Husker Football Madness came in on WGN. oh, the many golden summer afternoons spent with harry caray and steve stone and my dad *sniff*
      compost the rich
      brinstar
      Cat Crew
      Cat Crew

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:22 am

Drem wrote:Javy Lopez?

it's really weird that everyone in Baltimore was excited to see him go. all that happened was Angelos getting some more money in his pocket.... not a very fair trade, imo, because i kinda liked him and i don't think the Bosox deserve a catcher like that. I'm pretty sure the only other team interested in him was the Yankees but i think that the day he was put on waivers didn't allow NYY to have a chance at him

and yeah, i grew up in a smallish town and the craze (for EVERYONE) was football. i just got kind of tired of it i guess

ya Javy Lopez - I was a huge braves fan and Javy was always my absolute favorite.. the day the braves traded him my heart broke a little because I was torn - it's the age old dilemma of do you follow your favorite player or do you follow your favorite team. The braves had such a good club going but without him it just wasn't the same for me. He's up there in age now, so I understand all the stuff going on with him now but he was traded from the braves what, 5 years ago I guess? I didn't understand it then, really.

I understand the fanatical response to football in general, that's everywhere you go. back home, it was the redskins. here, it's the jaguars. but man, I tell you - it pales in comparison to the messiah following favre has up there. I mean I've seen people cry because he's crying (which as we all know, is not an uncommon occurance.)

You can hear cheers from the bars 3 blocks away if he so much as has an interview (a little exaggerative, but seriously, only a little), and I was 5 hours away from green bay! I can't imagine how rowdy it got up there.. you'd think the guy was the second coming of jesus. I mean I'm no football fan, but I had a lot of respect for him from what I knew of his game and the person he was.. but with the 3rd? "retirement" I just got sick of his drama-hoarding. It's like every year he needs to dangle the thought of retirement over people's heads so that they're all NO BRETT DON'T GO WE LOVE YOU!! It's sad, man. boy who cried wolf - just friggin go already.
      "I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
      Gypsiyee
      NT Deity
      NT Deity

Postby leah » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:20 pm

JOHN DAVID BOOTY
      lolz
      leah
      Preggers!
      Preggers!

Postby Phlegm » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:10 pm

Favre traded to the Jets.
      Phlegm
      Nappy Headed Ho
      Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Evermore » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:08 pm

at this point, who cares....

i am tired of hearing about it
      For you
      Evermore
      NT Deity
      NT Deity

Postby Reynaldo » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:52 pm

Us avid fantasy footballers care!!

Makes Laverneaus Coles and Thomas Jones (since they have a new line and now defenses have to respect the pass) much more attractive draft canidates.
      Reynaldo
      NT Veteran
      NT Veteran

Postby Griever » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:14 pm

I think it subtracts value from Favre himself though.
      Griever
      NT Veteran
      NT Veteran

Postby Kramer » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:33 pm

i am not sure what i think about it.... i think again to Montana, he could have just retired and been done but he went on to have a few more productive seasons, no one really cares now...

but it certainly is an annoying situation, way over reported....

but, yeah, the fantasy footballers should pay attention!
        Kramer
        NT Traveller
        NT Traveller

Postby Drem » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:48 pm

brinstar wrote:manny doesn't fade away quickly into obscurity like booty, he just keeps on playing. we can't fuckin get rid of the guy

well nwo that's he a Dodger we're seeing his true colors. in the AL he basically refused to do anything but hit... he wouldn't even run out grounders half the time. he got so fucking lazy and tired of his media hype that he forgot how to play baseball... and now that he's in the NL he's forced to play EVERYTHING with no option and i'll bet Torre's seriously regretting that trade, as Manny gave away a game to the Phillies last night because he's a slow, un-motivated player and won't even step into his throws. blew a huge op to out Victorino at second last night and then Feliz tied it up and then won at his next at-bat. all because Manny was lazy

hopefully he can round out his lacking skills if he wants to keep playing. because if he keeps up this lazy faggotry, he'll get tossed to a really shitty organization next july imo
        Drem
        Nappy Headed Ho
        Nappy Headed Ho

Next

Return to Sports and LEEZure