Bama at Georgia

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Bama at Georgia

Postby Diekan » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:41 pm

Call it!

I'm saying The Tide by 3.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Re: Bama at Georgia

Postby brinstar » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:22 pm

i'm saying a terrible team will win
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Diekan » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:40 pm

LOL. Dude you can't be serious? Terrible team? Georgia is ranked THREE in the country. Not to mention they have one of the toughest (if not the over all toughest schedule in the nation): LSU, Bama, Auburn, Vandy, Florida, and South Carolina...

I don't like Georgia either and I realize you're an LSU fan. But to say that both Bama and Georgia are "terrible" teams is pretty lame.

There's no such thing as a shitty team in the top of the SEC. 5 of the top 10 AP teams right now are SEC teams.

USC is overrated and shouldn't be number 1 - they play NO ONE. The only team that had a reasonable shot of beating them was OSU who choked true to Choke-eye form. Oklahoma? Not sure about them yet, but they might be a "for real" number 2... couple more weeks and we'll see. At the very least Georgia should be number 2, if not number 1 right now.

HOWEVER - I am going out on a limb and calling it Bama's game by a field goal in the final minutes of the game. Bama has a strong run D that should shut Moreno down. Their secondary isn't too bad either and *should* keep Staford from throwning to Green and Masaqua (spelling) too much. On the other side of the ball Bama has Coffee running the ball - who mind you actually has a better average per carry than Moreno (but not as flashy so he doesn't get the media hype). IF Parker is on his game he'll air it out a lot. Georgia's D is strong, but tires easy - as seen with South Carolina. IF Bama runs the ball with Coffee and keeps the D tired, Parker will have a lot of chances for some deep throws and big plays. IF GA shuts the run down, it will be a long night for the Tide.

It's going to be the game of the week IMO.

I am not sure I'm going to be able to see Neb beat the piss out of V-Tech... (Comcast doesn't have season tickets - obviously). I don't think V-Tech will be an issue if Ganz can get the ball to Swift. V-Tech's secondary doesn't look that strong.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Lionking » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:48 pm

Brinstar only used 7 words to make HIS point....
Lionking
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby brinstar » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:46 pm

Diekan wrote:LOL. Dude you can't be serious? Terrible team? Georgia is ranked THREE in the country. Not to mention they have one of the toughest (if not the over all toughest schedule in the nation): LSU, Bama, Auburn, Vandy, Florida, and South Carolina...

I don't like Georgia either and I realize you're an LSU fan. But to say that both Bama and Georgia are "terrible" teams is pretty lame.

There's no such thing as a shitty team in the top of the SEC. 5 of the top 10 AP teams right now are SEC teams.

USC is overrated and shouldn't be number 1 - they play NO ONE. The only team that had a reasonable shot of beating them was OSU who choked true to Choke-eye form. Oklahoma? Not sure about them yet, but they might be a "for real" number 2... couple more weeks and we'll see. At the very least Georgia should be number 2, if not number 1 right now.

/snip in-depth analysis/

It's going to be the game of the week IMO.

I am not sure I'm going to be able to see Neb beat the piss out of V-Tech... (Comcast doesn't have season tickets - obviously). I don't think V-Tech will be an issue if Ganz can get the ball to Swift. V-Tech's secondary doesn't look that strong.

1. since when does ranking determine greatness? it only denotes presupposed greatness. look no further than your own post for an example: USC. they are ALWAYS overrated, but they are ALWAYS ranked high nevertheless. holtz and herbstreit and musburger (those slimy fucks) are still trying to forget that they choked on a big turd from STANFORD last season, but somehow still slimed their way into a BCS bowl.

2. vanderbilt and SoCar? oooo such a tough schedule!

3. i am not so big an LSU fan now that jamarcus russell is gone, tbqh

4. i agree about USC, obviously. USC bragging about winning the Pac10 conference is like having the Angels bragging about the AL West. you won the division, big fuckin deal-- your competitors are shite. bottom line is that NONE of these polls MATTER until the end of the season, and you can't gauge how good a game is going to be by looking at the rankings going in. (see: michigan vs. appalachian state, USC vs. stanford, etc)

5. i am still reserving judgement on NU until they play a real team, and i'm not sure i would consider vatech to BE a real team. NU offense behind Ganz has been impressive, yes, but only against shite teams. they have the coaching staff to return to the national spotlight as contenders again, but i don't think it's reasonable to expect it so soon. i predict a close game.

6. parting comment: i will acknowledge that there is (and has been for a long time) a national media bias against the SEC if you will acknowledge that you are an SEC fanboi :D
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Phlegm » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:54 pm

The Tides are kicking ass right now. Georgia is committing too many penalties.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby leah » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:56 pm

the nebraska game, on the other hand, is not going so well :(
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Diekan » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:34 pm

WHY IN GOD'S NAME MUST NEBRASKA SUCK EVERY FREAKINZG YEAR!!!!11
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby leah » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:36 pm

epic fail :( so close, too!

i want to do nate swift, btw
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Diekan » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:45 pm

my nickname is nate swift... does that count?
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Phlegm » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:25 pm

Diekan wrote:my nickname is nate swift... does that count?

If your nickname is swift, she won't want you. She needs someone that lasts more than a couple of minutes.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Kramer » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:18 pm

any reason to post this again =)
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Kramer
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby Diekan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:16 pm

If you were FORCED to ride of these fine beauties....

I bet you'd like the ride to be 8 seconds or less ;)
    Diekan
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Harrison » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:14 pm

You can't suffocate in 8 seconds, and I'd be wishing for death.
    How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
    Harrison
    NT Legend
    NT Legend

Return to Sports and LEEZure