Fantasy BBall

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Re: Fantasy BBall

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:06 am

I see what you're trying to do, tempting me with another celtic! I like Bosh on my team though.. I can't check yahoo at work so I'll have to look at it later ~
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby vonkaar » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:33 am

Not bad, but I think Devin will have a great year, and steals are hard to come by. Garnett for Bosh is more than fair though.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Zanchief » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:51 am

vonkaar wrote:Garnett for Bosh is more than fair though.

Well then LBJ for Garnett is fair too?
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby vonkaar » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:58 am

nah, I think I'm keeping lebron all year. Unless I can get a killer 2for1.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:04 am

ok mr. tricky, I love Garnett but had a look at lunch and I don't think that's gonna fly like that.. but I might, might have a counter offer for you since I have pg's to spare o.O
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:27 pm

I'm basically looking to move Garnett for Bosh because I think I could use his stats more. Bosh will likely get more pts and more free throws at a better %. Garnett is a better fantasy player though so that's why I'm looking to sweatin' the deal a bit.

I'll wait for your counter offer and go from there.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby vonkaar » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:56 pm

Not that I have any reason to help Zan or anything...

but... He's basically saying, "I'll trade you my #1 pick (7th pick) for your #2(13th)." You then get to be the one person on the team with two #1 picks. He was trying to make it a LITTLE better for himself by getting a better guard(which you have lots of) than you were getting.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:04 pm

nono I get that, I just don't like the second part of the trade is all. I'm clearly new at this, but I'm trying my best!

My thing is, KG and Bosh are pretty close to a horse a piece for me I think, especially when you consider KG doesn't qualify as a center, just as a PF. I need centers, especially if I lose Bosh - I mean I have mediocre guys there as backups at best, unless Oden turns out to be a beast. so when I consider the whole trade Heinrich is really crap in comparison to Harris and I'm losing a bit.

I'm contemplating, I'll figure it out !
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:52 am

I see your dilema with the Cs. I could revise the trade if you'd like but I'd still like to take in a bit more than I lose if trading away Garnett.

I want you to do all the researcher you want Gyps. I don't want to go in hosing people or anything.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby recks » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:30 am

I'm looking for a big man with good ft% and fg%, rebs are not THAT important. Anyone have anything for me?
recks
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Zanchief » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:59 am

recks wrote:I'm looking for a big man with good ft% and fg%, rebs are not THAT important. Anyone have anything for me?

Chris Bosh? hehe that's why I'm looking at him.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby recks » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:56 am

I'm looking for more of a mid rounder actually, like an Aldridge or Lee type player
recks
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Zanchief » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:33 am

Good luck with Thugs.

He'll just try to hose you. You ask for Aldridge he'll ask for your best player in return. Then he'll offer you a two for one with his complete scrubs for your second best player.

He's won a few leagues because he's made deals with people who didn't know anything about basketball and didn't care so they accepted trades.

Three years ago he swung a deal Derek Anderson and Olwakandi for Carlos Boozer. I tried to veto it but he wouldn't have it (he was commish of that league). He tried to justify it by saying Darrel Armstrong would have a great year (he didn't even know the player he was giving up).

Be warned.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby recks » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:19 pm

hahah, I actually just proposed a trade for Aldridge. Is he your friend IRL? Maybe I'll get lucky
recks
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby vonkaar » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:39 pm

I'm not opposed to moving Lee. Really, I don't have ANY players that I *have* to keep, as long as the trade makes sense.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Zanchief » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:55 pm

recks wrote:hahah, I actually just proposed a trade for Aldridge. Is he your friend IRL? Maybe I'll get lucky

He works with my brother.

He'll send you a two for one as a coutner offer I can pretty much guarantee it.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby vonkaar » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:03 pm

10th rounder ftw:
Update: Arenas (knee) said Wednesday that he is “a lot ahead of schedule” in his rehab from knee surgery and could return by late November, the Washington Post reports.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Zanchief » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:17 am

Last year he guaranteed on his blog that he would be back before the all star break. He played 10 games.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby vonkaar » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:32 am

Screw you and your curses
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby recks » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:02 am

Nice, maybe Manu will be the same way.
recks
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Phlegm » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:48 am

So who drafted moped Monte?
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:51 pm

An Auto-drafter got him.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:42 am

mfin' big ass galoot Oden. sigh.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:08 am

All last week I was going back and forth between Ty Thomas and Charlie V. I think it's pretty clear I made the bad choice.

I think Thomas is going ot have a great year though.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby vonkaar » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:57 am

yeah, he had a crazy good game... looked freaking aggressive.

woo! first place!
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

PreviousNext

Return to Sports and LEEZure