Fantasy BBall

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Re: Fantasy BBall

Postby Zanchief » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:13 pm

I like Shuttlesworth, he just plays for a shitty team!
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby recks » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:45 pm

Zanchief wrote: I hate Garnett and his crazy "I think he might be retarded but he plays with a lot of heart" attitude.

hahahahhahahahahahaha
recks
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby vonkaar » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:08 pm

I totally agree with Zan on Boston... and it pretty much carries over to the rest of their teams. But, basketball is my favorite sport so that's where my focus remains.

Aaaand... spare me the "Suffered" drama... Pierce has been one of the highest paid players in the league for most of the decade. He could have taken a giant pay cut and played for **any** contender if he wanted. No, he stayed where he was at... paid in the top 0.5%... and his team was in the gutter for most of his career. Kick ass.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:19 pm

well I was TALKING about getting stabbed in the face, mister pissypants! I'd say that there's some sufferin'.

could'a, should'a, would'a, didn't, and now he has a ring and keeps his pay. don't be jealous that your boy tanks in the playoffs every time! maybe a little more meditation will fix'm right up this year though.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby vonkaar » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:30 pm

Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:52 am

haha, so what! we weren't talking about fantasy, we were talking about loathe for boston! you still like a chokey-mcchokechoke team, and that has nothin to do with fantasy, mister!
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby vonkaar » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:14 am

Actually... I *love* the Mavs and I've followed them for nearly 20 years. I cheered Sam Perkins, Roy Tarpley, Rolando Blackman and Derek Harper, the 'three Js' (kidd, mash, jim-jackson) and then 'the big three' w/ Nash-Finley-Dirk... just like I cheer em today. You, on the other hand, showed up on the sports forums less than 2 years ago... saying, "I don't even follow basketball..." but suddenly, the Celtics land a monster trade and you are their #1 fan :ugh: . Go Celtics go!!! I <8 Paul Pierce!!! Awesome.

Yeah, the Mavericks choke in the playoffs... so?
Last edited by vonkaar on Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:49 am

vonk, I think there's a stick up your ass you might want to have checked out.

never said I'm their #1 fan - also never claimed to be some sports buff. I follow basketball now because Jonathan watches it so much that it's hard to miss. so I picked a favorite team and a favorite player, and decided to play fantasy this year because you guys have no players ever.

I know very little about basketball and I make that pretty obvious. I try to learn as much as I can because, you know, rather than be one of the retards who joins the league and then never checks their team I figured I'd actually put effort into it.

perhaps since I'm not a basketball elite like you because I haven't watched it for my entire life I should let Jonathan manage my team so you can stfu your whining about an obvious joke.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby vonkaar » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:05 am

Alright captain, settle down. I've defended my Mavericks faaaaaaaaaaaar more vigorously on NT... going on 8 years now... that was nothing. I was nice to you because you have boobies.

I <8 the mavs, you are a fair-weather celtics fan.

We are clear on both points.

My picture was bringing it 'back' on topic, 'fantasy BBall', (the topic of the thread). Trash talk, trade talk, etc. Soooo, back on topic... I still want Kidd, Zan... without Howard or LBJ, we have any wiggle room?
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:25 am

you can't say that I'm a fairweather fan because I haven't been given the opportunity yet to be a fairweather fan, now have I. You said yourself I've only followed it for 2 years, and you'd be right. I didn't have a team the first year. a fairweather fan only likes a team when they win - sure they won last year, but you're assuming that I'll stop following them when they lose. I didn't have the luxury of growing up with a local team and I'm a little late in the game, so my methodology for following a team is a little different. I don't claim to be some Boston devotee, but they're who I followed last year and I really like Pierce, so I'll end up following him to the end of his career as long as I continue to follow basketball.

the braves haven't won shit in years, they're still my baseball team. I was a Lopez devotee just the same as I like Pierce, and baseball wasn't the same for me once he got traded because my loyalties lied with the Braves, not the Orioles. I haven't followed baseball in a couple years now, but if someone asks me, the Braves are still my team and have been since I was 8.

defending a team vigrously =/= being a total douche to me over a little obvious ribbing which is usually returned with more ribbing rather than rabid venomous PMS like you just exhibited. so in short, don't be a douche, and if you're going to use fairweather like a 4 letter word, at least give me the opportunity to do it first.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby vonkaar » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:34 am

:ugh:
okay...
the weather is fair, and you are a fan

:dunno:
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:37 am

so 2 years ago when the mavs were doing outstanding, was it safe to call you a fairweather fan? I'd wager no. but the weather was fair, and you were a fan.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby vonkaar » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:49 am

Gypsiyee wrote:so 2 years ago when the mavs were doing outstanding, was it safe to call you a fairweather fan? I'd wager no. but the weather was fair, and you were a fan.

No, but would you call me a fair-weather fan of the mavs right now? Where are you going with all of this?

Gypsiyee wrote:vonk, I think there's a stick up your ass you might want to have checked out.

never said I'm their #1 fan - also never claimed to be some sports buff. I follow basketball now because Jonathan watches it so much that it's hard to miss. so I picked a favorite team and a favorite player, and decided to play fantasy this year because you guys have no players ever.

I know very little about basketball and I make that pretty obvious. I try to learn as much as I can because, you know, rather than be one of the retards who joins the league and then never checks their team I figured I'd actually put effort into it.

perhaps since I'm not a basketball elite like you because I haven't watched it for my entire life I should let Jonathan manage my team so you can stfu your whining about an obvious joke.

you can't say that I'm a fairweather fan because I haven't been given the opportunity yet to be a fairweather fan, now have I. You said yourself I've only followed it for 2 years, and you'd be right. I didn't have a team the first year. a fairweather fan only likes a team when they win - sure they won last year, but you're assuming that I'll stop following them when they lose. I didn't have the luxury of growing up with a local team and I'm a little late in the game, so my methodology for following a team is a little different. I don't claim to be some Boston devotee, but they're who I followed last year and I really like Pierce, so I'll end up following him to the end of his career as long as I continue to follow basketball.

the braves haven't won shit in years, they're still my baseball team. I was a Lopez devotee just the same as I like Pierce, and baseball wasn't the same for me once he got traded because my loyalties lied with the Braves, not the Orioles. I haven't followed baseball in a couple years now, but if someone asks me, the Braves are still my team and have been since I was 8.

defending a team vigrously =/= being a total douche to me over a little obvious ribbing which is usually returned with more ribbing rather than rabid venomous PMS like you just exhibited. so in short, don't be a douche, and if you're going to use fairweather like a 4 letter word, at least give me the opportunity to do it first.

all of that after I wrote...

blahblah, I've been a mavs fan for 20 years and, "You, on the other hand, showed up on the sports forums less than 2 years ago... saying, "I don't even follow basketball..." but suddenly, the Celtics land a monster trade and you are their #1 fan . Go Celtics go!!! I <8 Paul Pierce!!! Awesome."

That's like... 30 words... and I'm a TOTAL douche... seriously... is it worth all of this? like... what are you trying to prove here? pick your battles...
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby recks » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:01 am

Gypsiyee wrote: I should let Jonathan manage my team

Probably not the best idea lately :lol:
recks
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Zanchief » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:03 am

This thread is too funny, I'm saving the rest for my lunch break because I'll probably laugh out loud a bit reading it.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby vonkaar » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:05 am

recks wrote:
Gypsiyee wrote: I should let Jonathan manage my team

Probably not the best idea lately :lol:

meh, it's too early in the season to panic

or... get too excited about those at the top. it could be a totally different picture when the season finishes.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:09 am

I don't think you are a total douche at all, I think you were being a total douche. I was joking, completely lighthearted with lots of !'s and even the words chokey mcchokechoke. and then you went all super-serious - "don't you talk about my mavs, you fairweather un-knower of all things basketball, yaarrrrrrrrrrr."

that's where I was going, I guess - it's not even that serious. l2laugh, buddy.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:14 am

vonkaar wrote:My picture was bringing it 'back' on topic, 'fantasy BBall', (the topic of the thread). Trash talk, trade talk, etc. Soooo, back on topic... I still want Kidd, Zan... without Howard or LBJ, we have any wiggle room?

Well the problem I need Kidd more than any other player right now.

I'm not really looking at Howard, I mean his 10 Blocks last night made me go WOW but I don't need blocks and I don't need rebounding.

I need three's and assists and Kidd is the best player on my team for both. I'd move him only if I could get a player like LBJ (or Kobe).

If you're looking for Chandler or Kirilenko, those players have less value to me now that I'm running away with the blocks and struggling with my guards, but I'm still high on both.

Also...the e-fight was worth the wait.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby vonkaar » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:15 am

:badrazz:
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:22 am

:vonk:
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby vonkaar » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:48 pm

Yeah, I think that the only people you'd be interested in, I don't want to give up. I'm 99.9% sure I'm holding onto LBJ til the end of the year.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Zanchief » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:16 pm

I'm interested in Mayo, but I just know he won't keep it up and he'll hit the rookie wall. His numbers up until now have been insane though.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby recks » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:43 pm

I like this trade Zan, my main concerns:

Tyson is gonna hurt my already horrible FT%
D. Will has finally come back and I'm giving him up.

Let me think on it, but it's a good trade on both parts
recks
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Zanchief » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:55 pm

Deron Williams is pretty much the exact player I need on my team right now so made a pretty serious offer to get him.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Zanchief » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:31 pm

It's a good deal Gyps. I'll think about it tonight and let you know.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

PreviousNext

Return to Sports and LEEZure