BCS standing

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Re: BCS standing

Postby Drem » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:33 pm

what's with that score posting anyway? is that a projection ? because it's 7 / 7 right now in the 3rd. sorry i don't know how you guys talk about football because i basically don't care
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:15 pm

i don't project scores either, it's foolish

okay so it's 14-14 and all the gushing tebow hype had me rooting for OU

but after that fucking asshole Nic Harris just yanked on Percy Harvin's bum ankle i am back to neutral again

goddamn that bastard plays dirty, he's been like that all year
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Diekan » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:30 pm

LOL @ Oklahoma

That's got to be the sorriest D I have seen in ages in a NC game... well ok not nearly has bad as Ohio State's D in the past two they were in... but my God can Ok's D stop anything?
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Phlegm » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:19 pm

The Big 12 is overrated. Ok, Ok St., Texas Tech lost. Texas and Missouri barely beat two crappy teams from a crappy conference.

My top three teams: 1. Utah 2. USC 3. Florida.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:11 am

Big Game Bob

rofl that's turning into more of an insult every year

ahh well, the good thing about OU losing is that now texas can whine louder about getting janked out of a shot at the title. not to mention Utah wtfjabl0wnz0red alabama. fuck the BCS system, gimme the sweet 16 playoff setup!
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby brinstar » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:14 am

brinstar wrote:there was a blog on foxsports the other day about a Sweet Sixteen playoff, it was pretty awesome how it was all laid out IMO:

there are 11 football conferences. win your conference, and BAM! auto-seed in the playoff. the remaining 5 at-large spots are filled by going down the BCS rankings list and picking the top 5 teams that DIDN'T win their conference. as of RIGHT NOW, the playoff would look like this:

Code: Select all
1  Alabama (SEC champ)        \______                                      ______/ 2 Oklahoma (Big12 champ)
16 Troy (Sun Belt champ)      /      \                                    /      \ 15 Tulsa (C-USA champ)
                                      \______                      ______/                     
                                      /      \                    /      \
8 Penn State (Big10 champ)    \______/        \                  /        \______/ 7 Texas Tech (At-Large #3)
9 Boise State (WAC champ)     /                \                /                \ 10 Ohio State (At-Large #4)
                                                \______vs______/
                                                /              \
4 Florida (At-Large #2)       \______          /                \          ______/ 3 Texas (At-Large #1)
13 Cincinnati (BigEast champ) /      \        /                  \        /      \ 14 Boston College (ACC champ)
                                      \______/                    \______/                     
                                      /                                  \
5 USC (Pac10 chump)           \______/                                    \______/ 6 Utah (Mountain West champ)
12 Ball State (MAC champ)     /                                                  \ 11 TCU (At-Large #5)

goddamn that was hard as fuck to code right, fuck anyone who doesn't like it

anyway there are downsides, like the fact that this schedule would likely take us through mid-january and waah waah waah tradition, but fuck all that, i want this system bad. i mean, look at all the non-traditional matchups!

this is the sweet sixteen i was talking about btw
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby leah » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:03 am

i was rooting for florida just because i really, really don't like OU. so yay!

i caught the last 10 minutes of the game, which was plenty, and i got to see the camera focus on ol' stoops for like 15 seconds after they lost, which was nice. QQ, bob!!
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Naethyn » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:38 am

Naethyn wrote:My prediction from preseason still stands. Tim Tebow will win the national championship.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Reynaldo » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:37 am

Another year added to my increasingly waning interest in college football. Florida doesn't feel or look like a champion at all. USC and Utah were both dominant. Stinks that it comes down to what time of the year you lose and the perceived "competitiveness" between the leagues. In hindsight, after watching the Pac10 dominate and the Big12 flounder in the bowls, USC vs. Utah looks like the clear cut championship matchup.

At least Notre Dame broke the bowl losing streak.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby brinstar » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:37 pm

Naethyn wrote:
Naethyn wrote:My prediction from preseason still stands. Tim Tebow will win the national championship.

good for you homotron

edit: also, tim tebow did not win the national championship, the florida gators won the national championship
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Gaazy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:12 pm

Yeah, if Tebow was playing a team that had half a shit of defense that game, he would have been picked to pieces. And not just because I think hes a tool, but I was completely un-im-pressed by him. Hes damn lucky he has such a good team around him

edit: oh and PS, your about as shitty as projecting scores as anyone ive ever seen~
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Naethyn » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:49 am

Hahaha,

Fuck all you haters. My scoring estimate is irrevilant. OU lost. Florida won. You were wrong. GG

Tebow > you
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Drem » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:06 pm

Just as long as you admit that you're in love
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:12 pm

oh shit guys, tebow is better than me at football

rofl get a brain moran
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby leah » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:07 pm

rofl moran
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Gaazy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:20 pm

I never made a projection~ Not even a simple win/loss one. so no, I dont lose. You lose for wanting to suck another mans cock. Tebow played that game like shit. He redeemed himself there at the end after the horrible passes in the plays before, but it almost evened it out. He still sucks, and you still want his cock.
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Previous

Return to Sports and LEEZure