One more Win

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

One more Win

Postby Evermore » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:23 am

And the Phillies take all!

BOOOOOO YAHHHH
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Re: One more Win

Postby Drem » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:36 am

howard tore it up yesterday

this is a pretty good series
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Evermore » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:29 am

wut the fuxx was that shit last night? why did they even bother to start the game?

Funniest thing.. The Rays checked out of their hotel and wound up having to go to Wilmington DE to get rooms....
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Drem » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:09 am

hahahaha

i like Pena because he was a Tiger, but i'm not a fan of the rest of the Rays after watching them play this series
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:01 am

god FUCK i love baseball but i can't stand delaying games. especially a 3-1 series like this during a tied game in the middle of the fuckin 5th!!
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Evermore » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:07 am

only 3.5 innings left.....
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Drem » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:41 pm

Phinally

i think the series this year was less-interesting than last year
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:32 am

series over

and two thirds of tampa bay's fanbase wanders away to watch NASCAR until the rays get good again
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Evermore » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:53 am

this town went apeshit....
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Harrison » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:04 am

brinstar wrote:series over

and two thirds of tampa bay's fanbase wanders away to watch NASCAR until the rays get good again

So true...
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:30 am

lol don't get me started on bawston fanbois, not that YOU are one

but i can walk across campus out here in BFE and easily spot over a dozen redsox hats, and i'm willing to bet less than 25% of them can name any players besides beckett and papi
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:41 am

I want to throw shit at the random ghetto trash walking by my house with Yankees hats on. You know they don't watch baseball. They just wear a NY hat because it's "gangsta".

I was at a 7-11 one time and I knew the Sox and the Yankees had played that night and I pretended to not know, so I asked one of these random gangster wannabes if they caught the score. He said he, "...doesn't watch baseball." I chuckled at him and continued with what I was doing.

I fucking hate this place.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:43 am

dude it's like that anywhere tbh
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby recks » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:18 am

Then tell New Era to stop making such damn good hats!

I don't wear some homo-clown poker-dot flat cap ghetto edition hat, just the normal on field ones because they fit so good and have proper sturdy peaks. Other sports franchises need to sign deals with New Era because they're the best made, sturdy, longest lasting hats. I play golf in the same sox hat all the time and it still doesn't stink! I don't know how they do it. I've even tried looking for blank New Era caps and got this...

"Do you sell blank caps?
Unfortunately, New Era has had to implement the policy not to sell blank caps any longer to any of our customer base. The reason for this is quite simple: We take pride in our trademark flag that appears on each cap that we sell and, when selling blank caps, we became aware of a number of these caps being embroidered with less-than-acceptable embroidery on the front of caps. Unfortunately, this degrades our trademark caps, appearing as New Era product without the work/quality for which New Era has come to be known.
recks
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Drem » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:33 pm

Harrison wrote:I want to throw shit at the random ghetto trash walking by my house with Yankees hats on. You know they don't watch baseball. They just wear a NY hat because it's "gangsta".

I was at a 7-11 one time and I knew the Sox and the Yankees had played that night and I pretended to not know, so I asked one of these random gangster wannabes if they caught the score. He said he, "...doesn't watch baseball." I chuckled at him and continued with what I was doing.

I fucking hate this place.

welcome to life dude. i have a few detroit hats because i'm a thru and thru fanboi of the club. new era hats are nice to wear, so i can understand why they're popular all of the sudden, and they're a good way to show love for your favorite city. i'll be honest. i have NY hat. it's covered in sweat stains and totally ravaged and i don't know fuckall about that ball club, but my father's from Staten Isle so i feel like i'm allowed to wear it since i love that city and sort of talk like that irl because of dad

i think if you get mad about people wearing the hats when they don't know about it, you should ge tmad at people wearing brimmed beanies if they don't snowboard. same difference far as i'm concerned
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:53 pm

I hate when people wear skateboarding clothes and have never touched a skateboard too.

Or people that get tattoos and don't know what they mean, if anything at all.

It's just a pet peeve that has not much logic behind it.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:31 pm

recks wrote:Then tell New Era to stop making such damn good hats!

I don't wear some homo-clown poker-dot flat cap ghetto edition hat, just the normal on field ones because they fit so good and have proper sturdy peaks. Other sports franchises need to sign deals with New Era because they're the best made, sturdy, longest lasting hats. I play golf in the same sox hat all the time and it still doesn't stink! I don't know how they do it. I've even tried looking for blank New Era caps and got this...

"Do you sell blank caps?
Unfortunately, New Era has had to implement the policy not to sell blank caps any longer to any of our customer base. The reason for this is quite simple: We take pride in our trademark flag that appears on each cap that we sell and, when selling blank caps, we became aware of a number of these caps being embroidered with less-than-acceptable embroidery on the front of caps. Unfortunately, this degrades our trademark caps, appearing as New Era product without the work/quality for which New Era has come to be known.

basically this is why everyone wears new era: they're the best hats money can buy. i've never wore a hat that fit better or lasted as long
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:44 pm

P.S. buying a New Era hat, and keeping the sticker on it, with a hanging tag if there is one (usually is) you officially join the ranks of faggots everywhere.

P.P.S. if it's rainbow colored in any way, polka dotted, random symbols, etc. You are also a faggot. I mean it is the natural progression that trying to look gangster suddenly turned gay with rainbow colors, but it just annoys me more.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:49 pm

FUCK i hate it when they leave the bills flat and leave the stickers on. that's just trying TOO hard to be fresh

however, i don't mind hats that aren't the legitimate colors or hats that have a design, if they match the rest of your outfit, because that's the point of it... just another colorful accessory to match your shoes or wtf ever, it's all fashion. i think asian ppl wear em best, anywa
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:13 pm

It's deviating too far just for the sake of doing so. Wearing shirts half on, half off? Flat brim with stickers left on, rainbow colored, and barely on your head? GTFO faggots.

Looking like a lopsided, maladjusted, cockeyed, retard who loves guffing dick isn't cool.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:54 pm

i wear my hat "barely on my head" and about 1/8 or 1/4 inch oversized

it doesn't have anything to do with "gangster."

it's called being relaxed
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:58 pm

i wear my cubs hat exactly like a real player would:

fitted, down low over the eyes, curved bill, no matter whether the team is playing like shite or like allstars

it's faded with age too, own++
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:03 pm

I wear my hat like a human being and not ghetto filth.

Though I wear a plain black beanie now since my Boston hat was stolen. (and it's good because it's already dropping below freezing here)
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby 10sun » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:30 pm

Drem wrote:they're the best hats money can buy. i've never wore a hat that fit better or lasted as long

My old Alien Workshop hat was awesome... fit the way I liked it and lasted me about 6 years until a family member decided that they didn't like it on me.

Fuck them.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby brinstar » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:36 pm

what the fuck happened, did they take it away

or offer strong commentary "i don't much take to that hat you're sporting, m'boy"
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Next

Return to Sports and LEEZure