Varitek files for free agency.

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Varitek files for free agency.

Postby Harrison » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:11 pm

On Thursday, October 30, 2008, the Red Sox captain, Jason Varitek, filed for free agency. Thursday was of course the first day that players were eligible to file for free agency as the veteran with over a decade of baseball in Boston under his belt now looks to test the market. The Red Sox now have a 15-day window to negotiate exclusively with Varitek and his agent Scott Boras. If a deal is not done in that span of 15 days then Varitek is free to shop his services to any Major League team that he so chooses.

:(

I hope we give him an offer he'll take. I'll be legitimately sad if Varitek leaves Boston.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Re: Varitek files for free agency.

Postby Xaiveir » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:48 pm

My guess is he will get a 2 year deal, probably in the neighborhood of 10 million a year. Although his offense is below average for a catcher, he still handles the pitching staff better than almost anyone in the game. He would be well worth the money, and Boston does not really have any other options at that position that are viable at the moment.

The free agent filing was more a formal thing than anything. I would be shocked if Boston doesnt resign him. I know he doesnt want to leave Boston.
Why fight it, i am a Man Whore!
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Re: Varitek files for free agency.

Postby Harrison » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:30 pm

His offense has been slacking but as you said. I wouldn't want any less behind the plate.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Return to Sports and LEEZure