For you NBA fans

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

For you NBA fans

Postby Arlos » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:08 pm

Especially Vonk and Zan, since your teams are involved.

Trade rumor:

The Toronto Raptors have been looking for a small forward, and HOOPSWORLD has learned that they may have finally found their man. A deal being discussed would send troubled forward Josh Howard to the Raptors in a deal that would land Andrea Bargnani and Anthony Parker in Dallas, with a combination that could involve DeSagana Diop and Antoine Wright headed back to Toronto.

Thoughts?

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Re: For you NBA fans

Postby Zanchief » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:14 am

I doubt very much the Raptors could land Howard and Diop for Bargnani.

Having said that I'm not crazy about the deal. Bargs is a total gamble right now but he could pan out big time. I'd rather take my chances with Bargs then what we get in return considering Parker does some of what Howard does already.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Arlos » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:40 am

Well, from the post it seemed it would be Bargs and Parker for Howard, possibly Howard and Diop/Walker. So, you'd be losing Parker in the deal too.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby vonkaar » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:27 am

Josh Howard has been my favorite Maverick since 2003, but I'd think about taking that trade.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Zanchief » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:18 pm

I haveno idea what others think of Bargnani since there really doesn't seem to be much Raps coverage outside of Canada and he's insanely inconsistent so you may watch a game of his were he goes 0-4 with 3 TO but his next might be a 20 point effort where he goes 5/5 from the three point line.

To me a player of his sizes who's shown signs of really grasping the defensive concepts with his natural offensive gifts is something you can't pass up on even if your getting a player of Howard's value in return. I may look like a fool in a few years when he's playing like Darko but I really like watching him play. I still think Colangelo made the right pick.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Return to Sports and LEEZure