The Vikings

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

The Vikings

Postby Tossica » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:54 pm

Rule.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Re: The Vikings

Postby Tikker » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:20 pm

for the NFC maybe
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Diekan » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:10 pm

As on fire as NO is I think Vikings are the only team (maybe Indy too) that have a reasonable chance and beating them.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:19 pm

the steelers pwned the vikings, and they're not playing particularly well

I'm curious to see the Saints play a real good afc defense
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:33 am

i wouldn't call it pwned, sir

vikes had it under control most of the way, but steelers had a couple of fluke defensive scores at the end
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tikker » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:44 am

vikings were only even in the game because the steelers don't cover kicks anymore, for whatever reason

my point is that a sputtering steelers team that's playing shitty ball made the vikes look average
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:43 am

either way i guess

"any given sunday" and all that
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Gidan » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:15 pm

In the regular season, I dont think there is a team that can compete with the Saints, their offense is just so overpowering. When it gets to the post season though this may change. Ultimately I think the Pats are the only team that has a real chance regardless of their last head to head meeting. The Colts are notorious for falling apart in the post season and while I think NO vs Indi would reults in a very high scoring and exciting game, the Saints would simply start to pull away and as the Colts def starts to get tired. The Pats are simply the only team with a good enough Defense and a powerful offense which is what it will take to beat the Saints. The biggest issue with playing the Saints is that your Defense needs to be at the top of their game, as we saw in the previous Pats Saints game, the Saints will capitalize on every mistake you make no matter how small.

Ultimately though, I think the Saints are the best team in the NFL and will probably take it all the way this year if they keep up playing the way they are.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:42 pm

ya i've always liked the saints; if the vikes stumble in the playoffs i will pull for a colts/saints supabowl
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Diekan » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:11 pm

The Viks are pretty bad ass this year and I think the Saints are for real too. I believe this is going to be NFC's year. I really don't think the Dolts can match up to either of those teams. I wouldn't mind seeing Farve get another ring or see NO go all the way... No hard feelings to either team.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:15 pm

I kind of secretly want Orton to lead the broncos to the superbowl
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Phlegm » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:25 pm

another team that looks really good right now is the Chargers.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:23 am

titans seem to have found their stride too

I still think the steelers will turn it around and make the playoffs. their defense is good enough that they'll be scary for whoever they play (assuming polamalu gets healthy, otherwise they're just above average
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:22 pm

is dennis dixon still starting for the steelers? i was pretty ecstatic when i heard he was getting his first NFL start the other week and he definitely showed up
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Phlegm » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:07 pm

No, he only started the one game against the Ravens.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Phlegm » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:08 pm

Tikker wrote:
I still think the steelers will turn it around and make the playoffs. their defense is good enough that they'll be scary for whoever they play (assuming polamalu gets healthy, otherwise they're just above average

The Steelers can kiss their playoff goodbye now.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:19 pm

they've just completely shit the bed the last 2 months

nothing like going 6-2 to 6-7

that being said

Polamalu for league MVP
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Trielelvan » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:37 am

Tossica wrote:Rule.

Word :hiphop:

As a sentiment for all the Cowboys fans who watched their beloved white and blue get eaten like something worthy of the Roadkill Cafe (even with biased refs hahaha):

Our Favre who art in Minnesota
Hallowed be thy game
Thy blitz may come
Thy screen pass be done
On turf as it is in Heaven
Give us this day our point spread
And forgive us our fumbles
As we do not forgive those who fumble
Against us
Lead us not to interceptions
But deliver us a touchdown
For thine is the future
And power of VIKINGS football forever and ever... or until you retire.
Again.

(... and as stated on my fb status, I did not make that up.
Someone else much less concerned about sacrilegious acts of amusement came up with that.
I'm only unconcerned enough to repost it.)

Soo proud of our team yesterday. They were hot. Yep.
HyPhY GhEtTo MaMi wrote:GeT ofF mAh OvaRiEz
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Diekan » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:42 pm

I don't dislike the Saints or the Vikings... so I would be content with either team making it to the SB. I wouldn't mind seeing Farve get another ring nor would I mind the Saints getting their first SB visit. As I said in other post - this weekend's game IS the Super Bowl. I really don't think the Jets or the Dolts can really match up with the Saints... the Dolts might match up the Vikings somewhat evenly - especially is "Bad" Farve shows up. But even then.. the Dolts have ZERO running game and really their D isn't all that great.

This is the NFC's year... more than likely it'll be the Saints versus Dolts and the Saints will pull it out. Or the Vikings and the Dolts with it possibly being a close game.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Haylo » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:57 pm

The best thing about the vikings win was that it shut Cowboys fans the hell up. Seriously if I had to hear one more "What about them boys!" I was going to do violence. Their fans are such jerks. After they lost FB was full of "Tony Romo SUCKS", "We need a new QB". Then when someone points out that they weren't saying that about him the prior week, complete silence.

I am voting for the Saints, i've always been a fan and they really deserve their first SB after everything they have gone through these last few years. But I don't think that the AFC has a chance against whichever NFC team makes it.
Tasya
Undead Priest
Malfurion
Haylo
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Diekan » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:03 pm

The worst fans in the NFL are Eagles fans. That whole shit city should just be nuked. I have never met anyone from that dump that wasn't a complete asshole. Eagles are the worst. Rude, stupid, vulgar, obnoxious. Their shitty fans are so bad they had to build a jail under the stadium.

Second worst fans in the NFL are dumbass Cowboy followers. They could be 0-15 and those idiots will STILL blast you with how great the "Boys" are and how Homo... I mean Romo is the greatest QB in history.

Third worst in the NFL have got to the Raiders. They are pretty much Eagles "light" fans.

Forth - I would have to say Colts fans. Cocky and arrogant to an extreme.

Best fans in the NFL? I'd have to say the Redskins. I've never met a Skins fan that was anything but modest. They always seem "fun loving" and easy going about their team.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby brinstar » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:16 am

they have to be, their team sucks so bad

anyway i am in a rare position here-- i actually would be relatively happy with any of these four teams winning the SB. my first choice is the vikes, because hate him or not favre is a good guy, and i am a huge fan of AP, harvin, rice, and allen. second would be a tie between colts and saints: colts because i like peyton manning and because my cousin is a massive colts fan, and saints because they have never even BEEN to a supabowl. that leaves the jets-- nothing against them, big underdogs vs three of the great QBs of the modern era
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Jay » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:31 am

How could you possibly like Peyton Manning? That faggot had football royalty handed to him on a silver platter and he still chokes, still goes out there and takes shots at his O-line, which is btw the best O-line in the NFL, and mostly he's just an all around prick.

As far as QB's go, I'm a fan of Tom Brady even though I'm not a Patriots fan. This season he let me down tho by playing so cautiously but it's understandable since he's coming back from an injury. I think he got some of his groove back but too little too late. Next season I bet he'll be a monster once again.

Oh and I'm with Haylo on this one. Go Saints!
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Haylo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:33 am

I agree with everything you said Jay! I love Tom Brady and I hate Peyton Manning for all the reasons you stated and because I love Brady's story. Here you have this guy that basically nobody wanted, now look at him.
Tasya
Undead Priest
Malfurion
Haylo
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Trielelvan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:04 am

Haylo wrote:The best thing about the vikings win was that it shut Cowboys fans the hell up.

A-fucking-MEN :rofl:
HyPhY GhEtTo MaMi wrote:GeT ofF mAh OvaRiEz
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Next

Return to Sports and LEEZure