Aints aint the Aints no more!

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Aints aint the Aints no more!

Postby Diekan » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:33 pm

I didn't have a favorite in this game, but I ended up pulling a little more for the Vikings.

I am just so damn glad I didn't have to hear "Katrina" 10 trillion frikking times during the acceptance speechs at the end.

I don't think the Colts can really match up against them...
Last edited by Diekan on Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Re: Aints and the Aints no more!

Postby KaiineTN » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:43 pm

They played a dirty game imo. Vikings were the better team overall, but fucked up 10 too many times.
KaiineTN
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Diekan » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:49 pm

I don't think they played dirty. I think they just played hard. The NFL has gotten out of hand with its "don't so much as breath on the QB" idiocy... I didn't really see them doing anything "dirty" per say.

The Vikings DID beat themselves... five turn overs... a sorry offensive line performance... a few stupid penalties. And STILL had the game tied up at the end.

Again, I'm just glad I didn't have to hear endless babbling about Katrina throughout the game or in the end.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Arlos » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:00 pm

Glad the Saints made it, but they're going to get destroyed by Indy.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Diekan » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:04 pm

I don't know. Their D IS strong. If they can rattle Pay-me-a-ton Manning, they'll have more than a good chance. Manning is only spectacular when he was an hour in the pocket. If that D can get to him, hit him a few times and shake his nerves... he'll play a mediocre game at best.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby brinstar » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:45 pm

Diekan wrote:I don't think they played dirty. I think they just played hard. The NFL has gotten out of hand with its "don't so much as breath on the QB" idiocy... I didn't really see them doing anything "dirty" per say.

The Vikings DID beat themselves... five turn overs... a sorry offensive line performance... a few stupid penalties. And STILL had the game tied up at the end.

Again, I'm just glad I didn't have to hear endless babbling about Katrina throughout the game or in the end.

no diek, dirty is the word for it. 15+ brutal hits on a QB throughout the course of the game =/= clean. would've made a vikings win even better after all those cheap shots

nevertheless, the vikes really did beat themselves-- bottom line is you can't expect to win a division by coughing up the ball five times (especially twice inside the 10). it was a miracle it even went to OT with a margin like that.

go colts i guess :depressed:
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Jay » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:20 am

Arlos wrote:Glad the Saints made it, but they're going to get destroyed by Indy.

-Arlos

Disagree. Saints have a decent defense that'll be able to shake the Colts O-Line and put pressure on Peyton which will eventually cause him to choke.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Reynaldo » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:00 am

Arlos wrote:Glad the Saints made it, but they're going to get destroyed by Indy.

-Arlos

QFT - The Colts may never punt in this game. Peyton is going to carve them up.

Colts win 45-31
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Arlos » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:38 pm

I watched the vikings/saints game with my dad, and in mid-2nd half when it looked like the vikings were in complete control barring the idiot turnovers, which NO couldn't turn into points, he said he was he was certain that the Vikings were going to win the game. I said sure, it looks like that, but remember, that's Brett Favre there at QB. Guaranteed that he would do SOMETHING at the end of the game to cost them the win through some kind of utterly boneheaded play.... ;)

Funny how predictable that was....

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Spazz » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:15 pm

Im not even that big of a football fan and I was pissed. I really wanted to see farve pull the dramatic sports story and all of that. I really thought the vikings were gonna do it this year.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Jay » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:23 pm

Jay wrote:

-Arlos

Disagree. Saints have a decent defense that'll be able to shake the Colts O-Line and put pressure on Peyton which will eventually cause him to choke.

I love being right.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:29 pm

likes this
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:34 pm

bleh
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Arlos » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:01 am

I think it would've been quite a bit difference if Freeney were healthy and not operating on 1 leg.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:19 am

I love to see Manning cry.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby leah » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:23 am

the subject line of this forum bothers me. "Aints and the Aints no more." maybe Aints ain't the Aints no more?
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Phlegm » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Harrison wrote:I love to see Manning cry.

Did manning actually cried after the game? Maybe now his commercials will air less frequently.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Diekan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:44 pm

leah wrote:the subject line of this forum bothers me. "Aints and the Aints no more." maybe Aints ain't the Aints no more?

Correction made!
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:39 pm

Phlegm wrote:
Harrison wrote:I love to see Manning cry.

Did manning actually cried after the game? Maybe now his commercials will air less frequently.

I don't understand why people begrudge manning his fame

he's one of the all time great QBs and works like a slave to be as good as he is

he's not one of those guys with god given talent that pisses it away

he's not my favourite QB, but i don't get the hate
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby leah » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:36 pm

Diekan wrote:
leah wrote:the subject line of this forum bothers me. "Aints and the Aints no more." maybe Aints ain't the Aints no more?

Correction made!

ahhhhhh thank you. much better.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Re: Aints aint the Aints no more!

Postby Jay » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:15 am

I guess I'll be the first to mention this here but that onside kick was absolutely marvelous.

And I'll tell you exactly why I don't like Peyton Manning. He goes on a press conference and calls out his own O line? He's a total primadonna. He's got insane skills, I'll give him every bit of credit for that, but with THAT O line and THOSE skills and a family history of football greatness he still chokes when it counts. So far, all I've ever seen from Peyton Manning is all the makings of the greatest QB of all time cept with some added choking, bitching, and blame.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: Aints aint the Aints no more!

Postby Tikker » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:07 am

what family greatness

his dad was an Aint
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Return to Sports and LEEZure