Where are our NBA diehards?

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Where are our NBA diehards?

Postby Reynaldo » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:18 am

Lebron press conference tonight? One of the most power swinging off seasons in recent memory?

What had happened?

I, for one, don't care too much about the NBA (rooting for the Rockets this year since that's where UK's Patterson went), but I sure would love to see LBJ go to Miami with Wade and Bosh and then not win a championship and the sky will fall.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Re: Where are our NBA diehards?

Postby Zanchief » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:56 pm

Well my team had a few years of mediocrity and we're back in the toilet now.

That Miami team will be great. I doubted the model with the Celtics and I won't do it again. They'll get a ton of ring chasers willing to sign discount deals to play on that team. All they really need his scoring PG and a tough C and it's game over. They'll wheel out players like AI and Stephon Marbury off their bench and it won't matter. Wade and Lebron both took NBDL teams into the post season last year. It makes me sad. Oh well, at least I'm not a Cavs fan.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Reynaldo » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:39 am

Gotta love the bitterness from Gilbert. What an idiot coming out and bleeding his vagina all over the place. Fans doing that? Sure. The owner? Sad....

Welcome to the toilet for the next 10 years Cavs before you get lucky on another lottery pick that's the real deal. If that kind of sentiment is going on in the background anyway, I'm happy for LBJ getting out of there. I know his "legacy" is tainted or whatever for not being able to win on his own with a lesser supporting casts a la Jordan / Bryant, but at least he's somewhere that they want him and aren't stabbing him in the back...

....yet....
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Kaemon » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:02 am

Lebron going the the Heat is like A-Rod going to the Yankees.

That's Jeter's and Wade's town and it will never change.
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Zanchief » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:30 am

I think Jon Barry made a good point during the hour long espn circle jerk.

This will likely be the last we see of Wade and LeBron being what we've seen from them. We simply aren't going to see the dominant players they once were anymore because it's simply not possible with the team they have.

This seems to be creating so much fan hate, but after a day of reflection, I'm kind of excited. I think it's good for the league. It's something that's really never been done before. I just wish it wasn't in Miami. I guess it's not Boston.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Foutty » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:09 pm

With you on the Rockets. Hope to see Chuck stay as well. Two of the most beloved Wildcats on the same team is awesome.
Foutty
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Reynaldo » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:20 am

Both play the 4 though so that may be the downfall of Hayes. Patterson is such a stand up guy, it's hard not to pick the team he went to to root for.

Wall and Cousins were great, but you don't really get attached to those 1 and done guys. Orton is just an idiot.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Foutty » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:30 am

Yeah, Orton's a headcase. I'm looking forward to watching Wall play in person this year. Should have another good team next year, although young.
Foutty
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Return to Sports and LEEZure