2010 NFL season

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Re: 2010 NFL season

Postby Phlegm » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:48 am

Kaemon wrote:Or maybe it was because he underestimated the size and handeling of the car and lost control of his car and not his anger...

Oh, I knew that. I am just joking. He crashed because he was going too fast for the icy streets.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Kaemon » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:55 am

I fail at sarcasm...
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Arlos » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:31 am

Wahoo!! 49ers clinch the NFC West. First time in the playoffs since 2002!

Still on pace for the #2 seed, too, and the first round bye. Only one more tough game left, vs Pittsburgh, at home. The rest are all vs other NFC West teams. Would be awesome to get the bye, only the Saints potentially could catch them for it.

Best 49ers team in AGES, absolutely. So nice to have a real coach again.

:pirateparty:

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Arlos » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:06 pm

Other thoughts on this weekend:

1) I think Green Bay goes undefeated this regular season, unless they do something nuts like rest the entire starting lineup. Their remaining schedule isn't a cakewalk, but I don't see anyone on it beating them. Oakland would have the best shot, if they were hitting all cylinders, but they haven't done that for a few weeks now.

2) Detroit better get its shit together in a real big hurry, or they're going to miss the playoffs, even after starting 5-0. They're what, 2-5 since? Not to mention, they still have 1 game vs Green Bay yet to go. If they don't win the other 3, they're not going, I don't think.

3) Colts are probably going 0-16 this season. They might win their last game, against Jacksonville, but they aren't beating Houston or Baltimore, that's for sure, and their other game is Tennessee. So yeah, 0-16. With Luck sitting there to draft, this might be the NFL's version of SA losing Robinson and getting the 1st overall draft pick out of it, in a year when there was Tim Duncan there to pick.

4) HAHAHAHA, Dallas. You suck. Great timeout call! Couldn't happen to a worthier team. Go DIAF, plzkthxbai. :asshole:

5) I don't think ANYONE wants to play Miami right now. I suspect they're going to crush the Iggles next week.

6) Speaking of the Iggles: Can we get the press credentials of the media who were labeling them as the NFL version of "The Dream Team" yanked? Wow that team is bad. How Andy Reid keeps his job there, I have no idea. What would make me laugh: San Diego fires Norv Turner, Eagles fire Andy Reid. San Diego then HIRES Reid, and Eagles hire Turner. Not exactly a far-fetched notion, either, I don't think.

7) If San Diego loses tonight, Norv is definitely gone. He may be gone ANYWAY, but there is no excuse for a team with that much talent to be doing this badly.

8) If San Francisco can beat Pittsburgh in 2 weeks, I think that locks them in for the #2 seed. If they lose, I think it'll come down to tiebreakers vs NO. (and no, I don't know who wins those. Anyone out there know?)

9) WTF happened, Buffalo? You and Detroit linked at the hip in the "Crush our fan's spirit by a great start, giving them unnatural levels of false hope, only to make them feel worse than ever when we inevitably collapse THIS time" plan?

Other people's thoughts?

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Spazz » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:46 pm

Im starting to worry about the lions. When the season started and they were winning games I was afraid that once they lost one it was going to be all downhill from there. They really need to get it together if they want a post season. Dont really give a shit about any other teams so that is my thoughts at this moment arlos.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Tikker » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:42 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Phlegm » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:52 pm

Here's an update on Suh:

The passengers in the car with Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh said that he lied about his crash in downtown Portland, Oregon this weekend, according to KGW.com.

After his crash on Saturday morning, Suh told poliece that he was trying to pass a cab when he lost control of his car and hit a tree and that no one was injured, according to the police report.

Two passengers from the car came forward Monday and disputed Suh’s report.

“When the light turned green, he floored it,” one of the passengers told KGW. “I just remember going so fast and it was violent and just getting thrown around like rag dolls.”

The new police report says two people were injured in the crash and required hospitalization. One of the injured passengers was quoted as saying Suh “was driving unsafe. It was just clear to me that we were going too fast,” according to KGW.com. The report adds that there were four people in the car, not three like originally reported.

“He [Suh] was driving too fast and reckless all the time,” one of the passengers said. “There was never a taxi. He was just going too fast and he could have killed someone at Dante’s [a Portland nightclub].”
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Phlegm » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:54 pm

Arlos, it should come down to conference records. 49ers have 1 conf. lost while Saints have 3, so SF should get the bye if they're tied.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:22 pm

Tikker wrote:pittsburgh is going to annhilate the 49ers

I wouldn't be surprised if Pittsburgh wins, but I seriously doubt they'll annihilate them. San Fran is built more like a traditional Pittsburgh team.

Anyways, Pitt will be flying across country to San Fran. I'd give the edge to San Fran. I expect the 9ers to smash them in the mouth. The Steelers will need some big plays from Wallace to win, and San Fran rarely gives them up.

The two best teams are in the NFC this year: New Orleans and Green Bay. Pitt won't make it through Baltimore or New England this year. I favor Green Bay or New Orleans to beat New England or Baltimore.

Really, this is a fun year. Any team can lose. The Pack are playing superb mainly due to Rogers, but they are a beatable team. Likewise, Brees is amazing this year, but their D is suspect. On the AFC side I like Baltimore, but it all depends on who peaks and who plays who.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:05 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:49 pm

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Pittsburgh wins either, they're a damn good team. I think it will be a close game, though, like the 49ers vs the Ravens, rather than a blowout in either direction.

I'm starting to get more and more impressed at how Alex Smith is playing this year. The longer the season goes on, the more they take the handcuffs off the offense and let him do more, and he keeps responding. He's no Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Brady, etc, but he's playing better than the QBs on a lot of teams at the moment. That was a great pass to Crabtree in the last game, and his stats would look even better if not for Davis dropping that sure 40-yard TD pass.

All that said, I still think GB wins the Super Bowl this year. I would not be at all surprised, though, if the 49ers play GB in the NFC championship game. All that may go out the window, though, if Willis' injury lasts for a long time. He's really not replaceable.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Arlos » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:57 pm

BTW, ESPN posted the tiebreaker situation in the NFC:

The San Francisco 49ers' 10-2 record gives them the inside track for the No. 2 seed in the NFC playoffs.

A few possibilities based on potential finishing records:

14-2: The 49ers would be no worse than the second seed. They could be the first seed if Green Bay lost three of its final four games, or if the Packers lost twice and the 49ers prevailed on a tiebreaker. One such scenario would favor the 49ers based on better record against common opponents. Another would favor the 49ers based on superior conference record. These are long-shot scenarios, but still possible. San Francisco and Green Bay are the only NFC teams able to reach 14-2.
13-3: The 49ers would be no worse than the second seed. They would need a Packers collapse for a shot at the top seed, but they could win a tiebreaker over Green Bay for the top seed if both teams were 13-3. No matter how the 49ers got to 13-3, they would win a tiebreaker over New Orleans for the second seed based on better conference record. The Saints, Packers and 49ers are the only NFC teams able to reach 13-3 this season.
12-4: The 49ers could still land the first seed at 12-4, but Green Bay would have to lose the rest of its games. The 49ers also could qualify as the second or third seed at 12-4. The 49ers, Packers and Saints are the only NFC teams able to reach 12-4.

There are many possibilities. To review, the 49ers will be no worse than the No. 2 seed in the NFC if they finish 13-3 or better. They are 8-1 in conference games, while the Saints are 6-3. That gives the 49ers an advantage in tiebreakers.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Lyion » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:10 am

I think you are giving the 9ers D far less credit than they deserve, Tikker. Their secondary is playing very well, and they will be hitting Roethlisberger. Their D line with Justin Smith will get to the QB just about every play and Big Ben won't have 10 seconds to throw the ball.

Pitt is far more explosive, but really I expect San Fran to beat them if they can contain the big plays which I think they will.

Anyways, they aren't even playing this weekend.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:18 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tikker » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:49 am

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:49 am

He could barely walk on that leg. He's going to be a sitting duck back there. Especially if their starting C is out.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:54 am

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tikker » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:58 am

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:00 pm

Yes, yes it was.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby 10sun » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:22 pm

I just wanted to post here about how much I still hate Tim Tebow.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Kaemon » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:41 am

That's because you refuse to believe the second coming is in the form of a Bronco, not a Lion.
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Arlos » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:44 pm

Steelers going to beat the 49ers by 10, huh?

The Steelers got their asses kicked up one side and down the other. Especially in the 2nd half, it wasn't even close. Remember, the 49ers were without Patrick Willis, too.

Definitely looks like the 49ers have righted the ship. Just Seattle and St. Louis left. 13-3 is eminently possible...

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby vonkaar » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:34 am

Man, California beating up on the AFC elite. SD kicked the shit out of Baltimore and SF owned Pittsburgh. Fun =p.

I don't think Norv has much of a chance at keeping his job, regardless of how they finish. They'd have to make the AFC championship game for him to have a shot at redemption, I'd think. Hell, they fired Marty after a 14-2 season and going as far.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Lyion » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:41 am

I'd say it's 50/50 Norv keeps his job. Spanos is an idiot.

p.s. I am the football Oracle.
Lyion wrote:Pitt is far more explosive, but really I expect San Fran to beat them if they can contain the big plays which I think they will.

I really hope the Steelers play N.E.. I can't see any way New England can win that game, even if Roethlisberger just sits in the pocket.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Arlos » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:01 am

Honestly, I think if the Ravens game had been played in SF instead of in Baltimore, the 49ers might have had a VASTLY better chance. Or hell, if it had been a Sunday game instead. But to have such an insanely short week, compounded by cross country travel? Bleah.

Given the circumstances, that loss doesn't bug me. Giving up a big lead to the Cowpatties and losing in overtime? That bugs me. Laying an egg vs Arizona? Oh yeah, that bugs me.

Winning big vs Pittsburgh, though, that helps assuage the anger over the Arizona game. :)

-Arlos

PS. Seen at least one more article in the national media about the possibility of the 49ers going after Peyton, if he doesn't stay in Indy. Adding Peyton to SF would make the team an immediate Superbowl contender, IMHO. We'll see if it happens... :)
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

PreviousNext

Return to Sports and LEEZure