2010 NFL season

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Re: 2010 NFL season

Postby leah » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:17 am

i had some good lulz yesterday listening to my packers-obsessed officemate crying about their loss to the chiefs. :angel:
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Arlos » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:40 am

That and Indy winning were the shockers of the weekend.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Griever » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:03 pm

Not quite the shocker, but I don't think anyone expected the Redskins to trounce the Giants either.
Griever
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Reynaldo » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:02 pm

Honestly, every game I watch the Steelers, they'd be a .500 team at best if they didn't get every freaking call (or in their case, NON calls). I've never seen an offensive line since the Texas/USC championship game get away with more headlocks and tackles of defenders just because Ben is such a god to football and holds the ball for 5 minutes in the pocket.

As a Chiefs fan that was like winning the Super Bowl beating the Pack. I don't have any delusions of grandeur that we actually have a shot at the playoffs since tebow will beat the bills and the chargers are playing lights out, but after that win I was like a pig in shit!!!
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Lyion » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:33 am

Reynaldo wrote:Honestly, every game I watch the Steelers, they'd be a .500 team at best if they didn't get every freaking call (or in their case, NON calls). I've never seen an offensive line since the Texas/USC championship game get away with more headlocks and tackles of defenders just because Ben is such a god to football and holds the ball for 5 minutes in the pocket.

As a Chiefs fan that was like winning the Super Bowl beating the Pack. I don't have any delusions of grandeur that we actually have a shot at the playoffs since tebow will beat the bills and the chargers are playing lights out, but after that win I was like a pig in shit!!!

The Chiefs aren't far away from being a playoff contender.

The Steelers and the Pats do get a lot of calls their way, but there is holding on every down in football pretty much. On the flip side the Steelers D gets penalized an awful lot, although much of it is deservedly so. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders how much of a Christmas bonus the zebra's get from the Kraft's and Rooneys, but that's silly.

:pirateship:
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Spazz » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:32 am

Football sucks.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby 10sun » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:04 am

10sun wrote:I just wanted to post here about how much I still hate Tim Tebow.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby leah » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:39 am

Spazz wrote:Football sucks.

it does, doesn't it? sigh.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Lyion » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:46 am

The supposed blowout game was the only really good one this weekend. Anytime Pitt or N.E. loses, it's a good playoff weekend!

I'm looking forward to next weekend to see what the 9ers have planned to stop the Brees express train. Methinks Candlestick park will be very wet and soggy come gametime.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:51 am

with the lions out i have to root G-men
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Arlos » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:01 pm

Holy fucking hell, YES! I almost felt like I needed a cigarette after that. rofl. That or a really stiff drink or 12.

5 turnovers!

Vernon Davis Beast Mode!

Alex motherfuckin' SMITH puts the team on his back in the final few minutes!

NO is a great team, to be sure, no way we were shutting Brees out all day, and our O sucked a lot of that game, but sure as hell redeemed itself at the end.

Next trip: NFC Championships!!!!

/happydance

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Reynaldo » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:07 am

I hate Jimmy Graham. Dude is such a punk. Glad to see him out of it.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Arlos » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:28 pm

Interesting. Pack get their asses kicked by the Giants.

Given we already beat them once this year, I am now cautiously optimistic about the 49ers chances of getting to the Super Bowl...

This town will explode if the 9ers go and win. One step at a time, though...

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Lyion » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:37 am

The Pack beat the Giants earlier, too. In the Meadownlands, to boot.

The difference in this game to me were the drops and turnovers. Rogers was amazing, but he really was let down by his skill position players. I saw at least 7 balls hit guys in the hands that they dropped. The Giants did not have any drops I could see.

I'm still not quite sure how the 9ers pulled off a win there. They lucked out with Green Bay losing, as I think Rogers would have shredded them.

I don't care who wins on the NFC. I just really want the Pats to lose.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:37 am

i think i just want to watch superbowl 42 again, just for the drama

eli's band of unlikely road warriors vs the sleek and well-oiled undefeated patsies

only game i can immediately name off the top of my head that i enjoyed more was the 2008 (2007?) fiesta bowl where boise state upset oklahoma
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Lyion » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:38 pm

Patriots should have lost that game. I'm still not sure how the refs missed the TD catch or at least review it. BS.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:07 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Reynaldo » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:39 pm

Lyion wrote:Patriots should have lost that game. I'm still not sure how the refs missed the TD catch or at least review it. BS.

I dunno, under the current rules I thought that was clearly NOT a TD. He barely (maybe not even) got 2 feet in before the ball was knocked away. The rule is 2 feet and a football move, or possess the ball through falling to the ground isn't it?

I think the whole whats a TD and what's not needs a complete overhaul though.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Arlos » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:23 pm

Ugh. The 49ers backup kick returner muffs the game away for us. First chasing after one punt when he should have run in the opposite direction instead, resulting in giving Manning 29 yards to go for a score. Then in OT, fumbling it. ARGH. That game was there for the taking.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:51 pm

Tikker wrote:yeah, not sure about that one

neither team really deserved to win imo. Ideally, I would have liked to have seen the russian probe land on the field and wipe out both teams, but meh

sometimes i wish i could click "like" on an NT post

(also, that is how i feel when the yankees play the redsox, or when any florida team plays any other florida team)
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Jay » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:59 am

Williams made critical errors but the 49ers loss was a group effort. Eli owned it and the 9ers a) Couldnt convert a single 3rd down b) pass the ball to a wide receiver other than the 1 time c) keep stupid penalties in check and d) could not force any turnovers. I forgot the guys name who collided into Brown and sent him out of the game but he collided into his teamates and ruined potential turnovers twice that I saw and Alex Smith was under or over throwing every single pass. Also, Vernon Davis' head got big and he didn't play his best game, not that his passes were great either.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Arlos » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:09 am

They stopped Eli pretty well in the 2nd half, he only converted something like 3 of 14 3rd downs. That was, of course, better than the 49ers rate. I kinda figured when they couldn't even go 30-35 yards before the end of regulation to get a FG off that we were screwed.

But even WITH those issues, we would have won if not for Williams' gaffes.

Certainly all the blame isn't on him, but he's got a huge chunk of it.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Lyion » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:45 pm

The 49ers D were beasts in that game. As good as the Giants front 7 are, I almost wish I could see Brady play the 9ers. Their D is well coached, has great speed, and hits like trucks.

I do think Eli might be the most clutch QB in the game. That said, he certainly did not beat the 9ers as much as lucked out into two freaky return turnovers.

I watched some replays of the Evans TD drop, and I do think it's definitely not a catch. I do think they need to waive the mofo along with Cundiff for costing them a SB visit. That said, why the fuck didn't they at least review that play? I thought all TDs were supposed to be reviewed if they were in question?
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Griever » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:36 pm

Because it was ruled an incompletion. If it was ruled a TD they would have reviewed it and then overturned it.
Griever
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Lyion » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:00 am

Griever wrote:Because it was ruled an incompletion. If it was ruled a TD they would have reviewed it and then overturned it.

It was a potential TD. They do reviews based on 1/2 an inch. They could easily have done a review there.

I was amused the New England Stadium crew had the wrong down up on the scoreboard in an attempt to obfusticate the Defense. I guess videotaping isn't enough for the Pats. ;)
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

PreviousNext

Return to Sports and LEEZure