Tom Brady Criticizes Patriots Fans

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Tom Brady Criticizes Patriots Fans

Postby Jay » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:50 pm

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/09/15/tom- ... 94#cmtForm

Patriots' Tom Brady fans are pretty much willing to let Tom Brady be Tom Brady. He can miss offseason workouts to spend time with Gisele and his kids in California. He can have his male model-esque photo shoots and sport a haircut that just simply shouldn't be seen on an NFL quarterback. When you have a Hall of Fame quarterback, you don't really complain about much.

But it will be interesting to see how they take being compared unfavorably to Jets fans.

Brady, apparently, was a little unhappy with how many Patriots' fans bolted from the stadium with a victory over the Bengals in Week 1 seemingly in hand. So he dropped this zinger on Wednesday.

"The road environment is very different than our friendly home crowd, who when I looked up, half the stadium was gone when we were up 21 points early fourth quarter, which I wasn't so happy about," Brady said. "I don't think the Jets fans leave early. They're going to be loud the whole game. Communication is always an issue."

Actually at that point in the game, the Jets fans aren't leaving. But they were sticking around on Monday night to boo their inept offense.

It is probably true that Jets fans are hungrier than Patriots fans -- after all, there aren't a whole lot of New York diehards who remember 1969 (the Jets' only Super Bowl win), as opposed to the Patriots' run in the past decade. Which is Brady's point: a successful team, and its fans, have to fight complacency. On Wednesday, Brady was trying to make sure his team's fans don't start phoning it in.

I'm not a fan of the article itself. Some douche bag who makes a point then spends half the time bashing the Jets, but how do you all feel about Tom Brady's quote? On one hand, you really should support your team from beginning to end if you're a legit fan but on the other hand, you bought the ticket, you should be able to leave when you please.

Personally, I always stay for the duration of the game, even when we're getting killed, and even when we're up by a lot. I never thought of it the way Tom thinks of it, but I figure I spent the ticket money to watch the whole game, so I'm gonna stay for the whole time.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: Tom Brady Criticizes Patriots Fans

Postby Tikker » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:42 pm

oh shit, crucify him for pointing out the truth
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 am

fuck tom brady fuck spoiled pats fans
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Jay » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:13 am

Tikker wrote:oh shit, crucify him for pointing out the truth

I'm not crucifying him at all. Actually I agree with Tom Brady. I'm just saying that I've always stayed for the duration of the game no matter what but never thought of it the way Tom Brady stated it in his quote.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Reynaldo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:42 am

It's good that a player is giving a nod (albeit a bad one) to the fans. Kind of shows that he "cares". Which is good!

But on the other hand, who gives a fuck-all what someone does with their 100 a game ticket? They already spent the money and paid your salary. Maybe they wanted to hurry home and watch some redzone channel for the late games which is a 50000% better time than being at a live football game.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Drem » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:16 pm

for the first two Ducks home games it's been two shut-outs. the crowd left at half-time the first game and didn't even sell out the second game because everybody knew what was gonna happen. and they started leaving before half-time when it actually went down

so when you're playing some shit team like the Jets and you're up 21 points, i think it's retarded to whine about your fans leaving because they want to beat the huge clusterfuck of traffic that happens when everyone leaves an event en masse

if darron thomas made a press release like that, it would damage the ducks' credibility imo. hell even if dennis dixon would've done it during his heisman attempt it would've looked bad. so i'm with brin on this one fuck tom brady fuck spoiled pats fans
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:11 pm

also fuck the first 3-4 games of the college football season when big-name teams schedule creampuffs to get their fans all pumped up

i don't know who les canards played but NU has played western kentucky, idaho, and washington and this week we play south dakota state

it's bullshit imo, play real teams you cowards
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby leah » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:21 am

actually SDSU has been doing pretty decent--didn't they have an upset in the first week or two? i only know these things because that's where our roommate went to undergrad and he's hella pumped up for saturday's game, lol. goob.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby brinstar » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:16 pm

no this is south dakota state U, you're probably thinking of san diego state U

or maybe north dakota state U, who beat kansas 6-3 in the first week

(darthy z had a full ride vball scholarship to NDSU, fwiw)
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby leah » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:23 pm

huhm. i thought SDSU played minnesota but i appear to be wrong. though neither did san diego. who the fuck am i thinking of?

OK upon further inspection, it was just south dakota, not SDSU. derrrrr football fail.

at any rate, playing cupcakes early in the season is kind of lame, it's true. although weren't the huskies supposed to be pretty good? i thought i heard they had a good quarterback?
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby brinstar » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:35 pm

that's the Big Red Hype Machine talking

yes, they are getting pretty good-- for the pac10

yes, he is a good QB-- for the pac10

but for a mid- to upper-tier big12/sec/big10 team they are still cupcakes

PS sorry to bash your conference drem, i do always root for ducks :)
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:34 pm

we played new mexico, portland state, and tennessee state. lol

pac 10 play starts soon. we're even ranked #5. kind of crazy to me. didn't think we were that good
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Diekan » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:40 pm

You guys ever been to an NFL game? Do you have any idea how much time you can spend in the parkinglot waiting to get out? HOURS... yes fucking HOURS. Your team is up by 21 - it's obvious that they've won the game, you decide to get home and make your way to the parkinglot to beat the traffic... what is wrong with that?

Maybe Brady, instead of having the advantage of riding a team bus that has special traffic privs, should sit his ass in a car for 5 fucking hours waiting to get out.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Drem » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:47 pm

Diekan wrote:You guys ever been to an NFL game? Do you have any idea how much time you can spend in the parkinglot waiting to get out? HOURS... yes fucking HOURS. Your team is up by 21 - it's obvious that they've won the game, you decide to get home and make your way to the parkinglot to beat the traffic... what is wrong with that?

thats what oregon ducks games are like. even catering the suites when we leave almost after everyone's gone, sometimes as late as three hours after the game and we still have to wade thru an hour of traffic to get back to the main kitchen. its bullshit
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Return to Sports and LEEZure