BCSCG: (2)Oregon vs (1)Auburn*

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

BCSCG: (2)Oregon vs (1)Auburn*

Postby brinstar » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:43 pm

it's lamichael james vs the next reggie bush!
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Re: BCSCG: (2)Oregon vs (1)Auburn*

Postby brinstar » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:56 pm

HAY GUYS HOW DO I CAUGHT PASS
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby leah » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:06 pm

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. it's over.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby brinstar » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:12 am

fucking lame
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:15 pm

still pretty happy we got there. and it was probably one of my favorite college football games ever. that was damn intense/close
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:26 pm

IMO the main reason UO ended up losing the game was that the coaches didn't make enough adjustments as the game progressed. UO's backs are small and have insane speed, but they should've realized before halftime that you can't manufacture creases up the gut with a huge SEC team like you can with other pac10 teams. chip kelly and his OC really needed to abandon the inside zone read game before wasting 3 quarters bashing their heads against the Fairley Wall (that guy is a goddamn BEAST)

lean on the rollout/option and short sideline passing games and force the defense to spread out-- THEN you can devastate with runs up the middle
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:19 am

one thing we could've done to win is maybe, uh, block nick fairley

i don't think our run attack made a difference either way. probably better to go up the middle than try to swing out around fairley or smith. the real fault here was our O line. when it's to the point where you're doubling up on one lineman and still looking like a bunch of flower-picking pussies it really says something about either your level of athleticism or enthusiasm or something, but it's not good

we mostly play finesse teams, we've never played teams with people like this. i hope next year they're taping pictures of fairley's face to sledge hammers and beating the shit out of our O line til they get used to it

the UO band director had this to tweet:

"Okay those of you with experience losing BCS championship games: how long before you stop waking up in the middle of the night while frantically shoving your pillow into the headboard and screaming at Nick Fairley to get the h*ll out of your way? I want to move on with my life..."
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:54 pm

alright fair enough

imo scam newton didn't do anything spectacular that another decent QB couldn't have done. it certainly wasn't a heisman-calibre performance. but i think if you pull fairley from that game UO wins by at least a TD. as much as i hate him he really does deserve all that credit, he's a monster! of course, the underlying problem wasn't that one lineman was massively huge and overpowering-- like you said, it's that they ALL were. IIRC herbstreit mentioned at one point that on average, the AU d-line had 35 pounds per person on the UO o-line. el oh el

that's the sickest thing about the SEC though, they've taken the last 5 titles with 4 different teams. every other conference it's like there's one or three good teams and the rest are mediocre, but with the SEC it's the other way around. not saying i like it either.. with the exception of LSU and to a lesser extent SCar i hate them all, but you've got to call a spade a spade. SEC p much runs the show ;\
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:10 pm

yeah they take it really seriously compared to the rest of the country imo. even auburn's website page for nick fairley is a pretty impressive list of credentials compared to looking at darron thomas' UO page

they just really live for it over there. even auburn's war eagle history is pretty interesting. teams over here just don't have that kinda stuff or dedication or support. oregon is taking off slowly tho, and we now have the best arenas for basketball, football, and baseball in the pac10, so maybe people will start getting more into it but....

the real difference is just fan mentality. auburn is hardcore. they produce astronauts and have war eagles and tigers and shit like that. we have a duck. and 3 faggots including a seth rogen lookalike trying to rap about how "IT'S GOIN DOWN. I LOVE I LOVE MY DUCKS". in my mind the west coast has a reputation for being corny. even Benny Goodman said that whenever he toured over here

we're all just about finesse... we're a football team that barely gets touched and has a lot of fans that are disconnected from football and have no idea what's going on except that their team is winning

so seeing them get roughed up and watching their picture-perfect face paints melt off and having grass stains and mud all over their shit and getting personal fouls was honestly beautiful to me. i want football to be dirtier like that tho. 75% of the oregon fans are still crying about how auburn were "just a bunch of southern thugs" but i think they're legit. they played a really good game and put us in our place, personal fouls included

but the one thing that was nice about that game that you also noticed was that we shut cam newton down. hard
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Return to Sports and LEEZure