bb 2k11

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

bb 2k11

Postby Drem » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:28 pm

fuck the yankees
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: bb 2k11

Postby Spazz » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:53 am

Baseball is for sissies. :)
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby brinstar » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:20 pm

fuck the yankees indeed

took off work early today to watch my cubbies' home opener, fuck i love the pageantry of opening day /tear

oh yeah also WE GOT WOOD (BACK)
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:10 pm

Spazz wrote:Baseball is for sissies. :)

so are guns
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:10 pm

brinstar wrote:fuck the yankees indeed

took off work early today to watch my cubbies' home opener, fuck i love the pageantry of opening day /tear

oh yeah also WE GOT WOOD (BACK)

tigers got crushed. fuck the yankees !
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:00 am

The Cubs are now no different than the Yankees or Red Sox. They spend ridiculous amounts of money, have a ton of fairweather fans and lameasses who like them because it's the trendy thing to do.

Actually, lemme correct myself, the Cubs are no different than the Yankees or Red Sox cept for the fact they haven't seen a title in the past century.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:48 pm

Jay wrote:The Cubs are now no different than the Yankees or Red Sox. They spend ridiculous amounts of money, have a ton of fairweather fans and lameasses who like them because it's the trendy thing to do.

Actually, lemme correct myself, the Cubs are no different than the Yankees or Red Sox cept for the fact they haven't seen a title in the past century.

2011 team payrolls

redsox spend ~30% more than cubs
yanks spend ~60% more than cubs
last year a-rod made more money than all tampa bay players combined

yeah, cubs are in the top ten spenders, but there's a huuuuge gap between the yanks and the rest of the pack.

as for fairweather fans, so what? every team has them. i can't say it doesn't bug me to see some goon wearing a cubs hat who couldn't name five current players, but on the other hand if it weren't for the trendies we'd be much further down on the payroll list, so w/e.

i've bled cubbie blue since i was old enough to throw a ball (leah can verify this). what am i supposed to do, jump ship just because they haven't brought home a title yet? pfff this is baseball son
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Jay » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:57 pm

Im not saying you should do anything. Merely stating my dislike for the Cubs. White Sox all day errday!
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Arlos » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:00 pm

Giants! Best pitching staff in the Majors, fo sho.

Repeat! Repeat!

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Drem » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:42 pm

Arlos wrote:Giants! Best pitching staff in the Majors, fo sho.

Repeat! Repeat!

-Arlos

HA
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:51 pm

Jay wrote:Im not saying you should do anything. Merely stating my dislike for the Cubs. White Sox all day errday!

so wait, you're ragging on cubs for spending so much... uhh did you even look at my link? your shite team spends more, fool :P

lol, white sox fans - bunch of no-class toolsheds, just like their team
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:53 pm

shite sox
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:18 am

Am I the only person who feels a sense of loyalty to their team based on proximity and not some faggoty money-based whiny emoshit?
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:35 pm

Harrison wrote:Am I the only person who feels a sense of loyalty to their team based on proximity and not some faggoty money-based whiny emoshit?

uhh no, but way to miss the entire point of the argument lol

i'm a cub fan for 3 reasons:

1. growing up our dad had a very irregular work schedule. when he was home (most days), we'd sit in front of the tube and watch the cubs play since they were always on WGN and the only other option we had out in BFE was watching the braves on TBS (and seriously, fuck the braves). when he was home and the cubbies weren't on, we'd just play catch or he'd help me with my batting/pitching. when he wasn't around, i was usually over at the ballpark with a friend or two. but at any rate, i literally grew up on a steady diet of sandlot ball, wrigley day games, grace/sandberg/dunston/dawson/etc, and good ol' Harry leading the stretch

2. i love the city of chicago, wrigley field, the surrounding wrigleyville area, and just the whole area in general. to me it's a perfect marriage of midwestern sensibilities and NY/LA-type hugeness. i go whenever i can find an excuse (such as a couple weeks ago when i got to go for work, fuck yeah)

3. relative to your proximity question Harrison - at 8 hours away, the Cubs are literally the closest NL team to where i live. actually, the Rockies might be like a half hour closer, but that's splitting hairs (and they weren't even around until 93). notice i said NL... the DH rule, as far as i'm concerned, is terrible awful bullshit. that being said, there certainly are a couple of AL teams within driving distance: KC is only 3.5 hrs away, or for a 6-hr drive i could go see the Twins. i always go to a handful of Royals games every year, and i constantly think "boy i should really make it up to a Twins game and get shitfaced with tossica one of these days"

i am also a pretty big fan of our local AA team, the Lincoln Saltdogs - so how's that for proximity, fool :)
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Arlos » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:44 pm

I live 30 minute's drive from ATT Park where the Giants play, if there was no traffic to worry about. I've been to games there, and yes, it is even more stunning than it looks on TV.

Now, what was that about not supporting a geographically local team again?

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Jay » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:52 pm

I'm in CA now but I'm born and raised in Chicago's south side.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:23 pm

if i went by proximity i'd be forced to be a Seattle Mariners fan when i don't even live in washington. so fuck that whole argument, i picked the team i liked the most

PS word up to south chicago. i wasn't deeper than 55th because i'm white (and i was just at UChicago visiting friends), but i never went downtown i guess. i really loved that area. hyde park etc

they're still the shite sox though
Last edited by Drem on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:27 pm

i don't think being a fan of any team just solely based on proximity makes you cooler considering probly nobody on the entire team is actually from that city either. the only time that works is when people bandwagon your team, like you and the red sox hahaha. because then they can't call you a bitch. someone could make fun of me for having a Tigers hat on and living in Eugene but i'll rattle off all the stats in the book if you wanna go at it

just always hated that argument. spend your time makin fun of kids that wear yankees hats and don't know two fuckin things about baseball and actually probably hate the yankees if you ask them if they're fans. that happens like 9/10 times i see someone with an NY hat. fuccin faggots
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:26 pm

a coworker of mine is a red sox fan, if you ask him he can sure rattle off all the players and history and all that

but i still tell him the "B" on the hat stands for Bandwagon and get a good laugh out of it

since aside from the wankees, the red sawx probably have the most fairweather fans (though i realize chc isn't far behind hehe)
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:03 am

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand detroit moves on

shit even the lions are 4-0
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho