Anderson Silva

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Anderson Silva

Postby Spazz » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:10 pm

Did any of you bitches see him make okami look like a punk last night. Didnt let him do shit faught with his bands down, cracked him with a wicked jab after doin some matrix dodges and finished him off with forrest gump punches ?
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Re: Anderson Silva

Postby Harrison » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:44 am

That guy's ability to dodge punches fucking amazes me.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:23 am

Silva is amazing. I saw the highlights, but didn't watch it live. He's by far my favorite fighter since Matt Hughes fell off the map.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:53 am

It's all about gsp
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:15 am

It's a shame St. Pierre isn't in the same weight class as Silva. That'd be a great fight.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Spazz » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:11 pm

People have been trying to get them to fight for a while now since its a toss up on who the best is. Thing is Silva is a fuckin monster compared to gsp and while both are great I think gsp would be at a serious disadvantage in that fight .

I wont say gsp sucks but I am sick to death of his boring ass fights. I used to be a big fan and even until a few months ago would defend him from all the hate but enough is enough. If your that good finish your fights and stop being so cautious. He used to finish and he used to be very exciting until mat serra blew his face off . Now he goes out there and either jabs for 25 mins or lays on his opp for 5 rounds. Yes I understand the ground game. Yes im a fan of gnp and subs. No I dont like when a fighter wins by useing nothing but top control.

I think Nick DIaz and Jon jones are the 2 most exciting fighters to watch out there right now. Im looking forward to Jones putting a serious hurting on rampage in a few weeks here.

Lyion Im thinking you dont follow the sport very closely. Hughes is still around and has a fight with sanchez at the end of the month .

Last but not least I really miss chuck and randy.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Tikker » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:29 pm

GSP is a better fighter than silva

not by much though

but silva walks around 30lbs heavier than gsp, and that is a huge margin to try and make up

and Spazz, you're missing the point of GSP's latest fights (imo)

he's gone out, said "i'm going to do this for the fight, try and stop me" and he's manhandled everyone, with whatever discipline he feels like

he doesn't have the knockout power silva has though, but imo, is a much better technical fighter

it would be fight of the universe if they were magically the same natural weight next week
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Spazz » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:47 pm

No the point is watching gsp fight is boring. If hes so much better than the guys he fights he should be able to finish like ..... Anderson Silva .

Mark my words tikker if gsp comes out and fights like he did against shields he will not be leaving the champion.

Also gsp is not better than silva . SIlva is better than gsp. Silva actually finishes his fights and doesnt put you into a mr rogers coma when you watch him fight.

Gsp is a better wrestler silva is a better striker. What makes silva the better fighter is he is mentally tougher than gsp. Gsp hasnt been right since he tapped to strikes from serra.

How is gsp tech a better fighter. He wrestles better but thats about the only advantage he would have when you match his skills to silva. Silva is bigger faster has a better jits game and his striking is leaps and bounds ahead of gsp. Your just wrong on that tikker.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Lyion » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:37 pm

Spazz wrote: Lyion Im thinking you dont follow the sport very closely. Hughes is still around and has a fight with sanchez at the end of the month .

I follow it, but it ranks behind football, basketball, and baseball for me. I followed it much closer a few years back, but today it isn't as interesting to me.

Hughes was nasty and fun, but after GSP spanked him he sort of fell off the planet. His comebacks were lame and I think he lost the fire. Just my opinion.

As far as GSP fighting Silva, they are two weight classes different and Silva is much taller. If Silva were 5'9 or so like GSP instead of closer to 6'3 and their weight was the same, I'd love to see that fight. Right now it's not a fair fight or smart matchup for St Pierre.

GSP technically is a better fighter. Silva to me is far more fun to watch and more dangerous. If the two were the same size I'd still put my money on him.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:36 pm

Spazz wrote:
How is gsp tech a better fighter. He wrestles better but thats about the only advantage he would have when you match his skills to silva. Silva is bigger faster has a better jits game and his striking is leaps and bounds ahead of gsp. Your just wrong on that tikker.

silva has more power, but I don't think he's a better technical striker

GSP ground game is better than silva

as for exciting, go back a couple fights, and silva was getting booed for being a boring mofaka

he got absolutely owned by chael sonnen, but got sonnen got careless and got caught in a submission
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Spazz » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:23 pm

You must be forgetting the part where chael was on roids and silva came into that fight hurt and still pulled off the win. Sonnen didnt get careless his sub defense is fuckin awful. He beat on silva for 20 mins and barely did any damage and the only thing he did to earn that shot in the first place is run his fuckin mouth. This is also one more reasonw hy silva is the best fighter out there ... he found himself in a world of trouble and he stayed calm looked for his shot and took it to stay champion.

To say gsp is a better technical striker than a silva is just blatant fan boism . Silva stands in front of guys with his hands down doesnt get hit and lands strikes at will. You cant get any better with your "technical striking" than that. Pin point accuracy speed and power and yet gsp has better striking? Did you see the fight against huggabunch shields ? The one where he threw the same punch over and over and over again.

As far as his ground game hes got better top control maybe. How bout him not being able to submit or finish dan hardy? You think if silva slapped an armbar on a guy the guy wouldnt submit? But gsp was all I have to go back and work on my technique.

Or how bout that time he tapped to strikes and was still in it. We know silva wouldnt tap to strikes we say how he does when the pressure is on.

Silva has had like 2 boring fights his entire run as champ. Gsp has been winning by ud for what seems like years now.

Silva is straight up the better fighter and if they ever do put on that super fight gsp is gonna end up looking at the lights in whatever building they fight in.

Dont get me wrong im not saying gsp is a bad fighter he is the second best fighter out there right now. But silva is that 1 guy who is better.

Again im not bashing gsp i think hes the second best fighter around but your fanboism has made you blind to reality. Ill say it to you again dude if he fights like he did against the human snugie a few months ago hes going to go home empty handed. Nick diaz is night koz or dan hardy the dude has no quit in him and if gsp fucks up or gets sloppy he will lose that fight. Now on the other hand if he comes in as the guy he used to be not only should he win that fight wich will disapoint me but it will be a great fight as a fan tow watch.

Now that we have this matter settled lets move on and talk about what Jon jones is going to do to rampage at the end of the month.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Tikker » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:36 pm

rampage is just a joke, imo

I can't stand that dude
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Spazz » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:55 am

Tikker I am shocked to say i agree with you 100 %.

The guys a dickhead. Bullying ariel helwani for asking him questions, making the sport and fighters in genera look bad how he conducts himself with female reporters and just acting like a jerk off in general. I not only hope ad expect jones to win but im looking forward to watching that fight.

Jones is one of my favorite fighters to watch and I hope this kid lives up to his potential and becomes the next goat. The lhw title is really a whore bouncing from one dude to the next and I would like to see some one hold onto it for a while. I hope jones does at lhw what silva and gsp have done for mw and ww.

On another mma related topic I think its cool that the ufc hooked up with fox to show what is prolly the biggest hw title fight since the sport has been around. I know if we were on sherdog the pride nuthuggers and fan bois would say that title belongs to fedor vs cro cop. But thats just silly. Cain and jds are more talented than those guys were in their primes and its going to be on live national television.

P.s. I think fedor was great back in 2005 but hes been in the minors crushing cans for the last several years and that isnt how you keep the title of goat.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Lyion » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:59 am

Spazz wrote: To say gsp is a better technical striker than a silva is just blatant fan boism . Silva stands in front of guys with his hands down doesnt get hit and lands strikes at will. You cant get any better with your "technical striking" than that. Pin point accuracy speed and power and yet gsp has better striking? Did you see the fight against huggabunch shields ? The one where he threw the same punch over and over and over again.

You sort of just made the point regarding 'techincal', ya know. It's not throwing punches, it's everything dude. GSP is the more disciplined and tight fighter, which is what my earlier point was, and I think what Tikker was saying.

In Top Gun terms: GSP is Iceman. Silva is Maverick.

My final point is a fight between the two of them is a bad setup for GSP. The dude is 5'9, Not the 5'10 he's listed. Silva is a pure 6'2. Silva is light. He could easily add 20 more pounds. GSP is a stout size and can't bulk up without hurting his game.

Also, I like Rampage, even if his interviews with reporters of the female variety reinforce negative stereotypes. :bangin:
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Spazz » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:48 pm

Say what you really mean lyion. Dont hide behind polite words say what we all know your tryin to say :)
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Harrison » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:35 am

I have to agree about GSP vs Silva.

Silva has a massive reach and size advantage. Weight classes exist for a reason.

GSP is probably the hardest training dude in MMA, period. If he was of comparable size with Silva I would give the fight to GSP overall. It could swing either way, though. Nothing is concrete in a fight between professionals. They are the best fighters in MMA right now.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Return to Sports and LEEZure