Is Jeremy Lin legit?

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Is Jeremy Lin legit?

Postby Jay » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:19 pm

Zan? Snerp? Jonathan? Ashley?
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: Is Jeremy Lin legit?

Postby Kaemon » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Nice comeback last night against Toronto. Hitting that 3 to win the game with a .5 sec left in the game is clutch.

So far so good, I can tell you all of NY is talking about him and he brought excitement back to the Garden. Hell, he piqued my interest where I'm looking to purchase tickets to see him. 2 weeks ago I could get them for a song, now I'll be paying some serious cash.

Everyone is worried about how Anthony will fit in once he's back from his groin injury. Stoudemire looked decent for his first night back last night and fit in well with the pick and roll.

I believe he is legit. Will he be a superstar? Probably not, but he will be the point guard the Knicks have so desperately been looking for, and because of that, NY will love him.
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Zanchief » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:02 pm

I only watched the Raps game. He's good. A lot of players are good though. His shot seems a bit awkward though and he turns the ball over a lot for a PG, but meh. I have a bit of a wait and see approach, but it's a nice story. I hope he keeps it up, even though I hate the Knicks.

Re: Carmelo, not sure it will be a big problem, since he's a pretty good distributor. Having two guys who can create and score on the same team isn't a very big problem, even if they eat into their stats.

I want to compare him to Luke Ridnour but I feel it might come back to bite me in the ass. Luke's gone on runs like this before (maybe not 38pts). We shall see.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Snero » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:55 am

amare was dying without a decent PG, so this will do wonders for him but I don't think it'll work that well with carmello. Granted i've only watched a game and a half of Lin play but it does seem like he dominates the ball quite a bit, which doesn't fit in with Carmello's play style. Lin's usage % is even higher than Durant. That number is going way down when Carmello comes back into the line up

Whether he's legit? I'm not sold yet, he's been playing some bad teams (raps, wolves, jazz, kings). They did beat the lakers but the laker's PG are probably the worst in the league. I'll be far more interested if he can keep this up against good teams and keep this pace up.

Don't forget, mike james came out of nowhere and scored twenty points per game (in a whole season, not just a 7 game stretch) by dominating the ball, and then faded away just as quickly.
Snero
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Zanchief » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:21 pm

Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Jay » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:45 am

ESPN ran an editorial comparing Lin to Magic Johnson ROFL. Props to my Asian brother and all but clearly ESPN is trying to brown nose over the chink in the armor thing.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:04 pm

I can't believe he's kept it up this long. I'm starting to think he might just be legit.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Jay » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:05 am

Zanchief wrote:I can't believe he's kept it up this long. I'm starting to think he might just be legit.

That's what she said.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:31 am

i wonder how many other 3rd stringers are sitting around getting shown up by people that actually aren't that tight
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:08 pm

Drem wrote:i wonder how many other 3rd stringers are sitting around getting shown up by people that actually aren't that tight

Not quite sure what your stance is based on this statement.

I'm a pretty harsh critic in terms of sports but Lin seems like the real deal. He's not quite elite class due to turnovers but he's definitely real. I also don't think he's always been good and is finally given his chance. I think he BECAME good. Maybe desperation woke up his game? I dunno. He was waived twice and was on his last legs in the NBA. Once we see him gel more with his team and patch up the turnovers and rookie mistakes, I think he's a potential all star down the road.

My other interest in Lin is that he's a mental player. He's not gonna have the physicality of LeBron, Kobe or other big name players. He's Asian =P. Everything he's done so far has been simply outplaying and out maneuvering his opponents. He's also adaptable. When a team puts the work in to shut down his scoring, he doesn't try to push against the wall, he goes around it by creating opportunities for Amare and other teammates with assists. He's not a great player yet but I hope he will be. So far he's definitely decent, possibly GOOD.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Drem wrote:i wonder how many other 3rd stringers are sitting around getting shown up by people that actually aren't that tight

It's pretty easy to evaluate talent in the NBA. That's why you don't get stuff like this very often, so to answer your question, not many. It's possible, as this story proves it can happen, but it's very unlikely.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Jay » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:27 pm

Only 4 turnovers last game. Fluke or is he actually getting better?

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gypsiyee » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:14 am

I've really enjoyed watching him. I mean, I can't claim to know a quarter as much as Snerp, Vonk, Zan, or Jono about bball, but I think he's pretty legit.

I also think he's still green and the hype has been a bit overstated. He doesn't give me the same level of warm fuzzies Rondo did when I first saw him play, but I think he can only get better and don't disagree with you about his long term all star potential. I think he's got that natural finesse in his movement that can't be taught. I like him for the Knicks, too. They're pretty stacked now, which is kind of strange for me to wrap my head around since I can't remember ever being able to name more than 2 active players on that team..

Anyway, this is a couple weeks old by now, but still a good snapshot of how he became so big so fast. http://infographicworld.com/linfographi ... eremy-lin/
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Return to Sports and LEEZure