Saints are going to get their ass handed to them by the NFL

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Saints are going to get their ass handed to them by the NFL

Postby Arlos » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:34 pm

See the following story: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/76386 ... m-nfl-says

Provably paying players to deliberately injure other players, and ignoring it even after the OWNER OF THE TEAM said to stop?

Bet you anything there's suspensions of players, though how long is going to depend on what the NFLPA thinks. (and look at some of the player tweets, like the one guy saying the bigger deal is that someone snitched, not that it happened)

Gregg Williams is almost certainly going to get the book thrown at him, especially since as a coach, the NFLPA's opinion of the situation won't matter, only Goodell's. I would be very surprised if he wasn't suspended for 1 year+.

Sean Payton's gonna get nailed too, also for doing nothing to stop it, so is the GM.

Saints as a organization are gonna lose draft choices. I suspect multiple choices, and even losing their 1st rounder wouldn't surprise me.

One of the biggest scandals in the NFL in a while, IMHO. Not that I'm surprised it went on, but when there's documented proof of it? Oh yeah, not good.

You guys' thoughts?

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Re: Saints are going to get their ass handed to them by the NFL

Postby Spazz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:56 am

Sadly im not shocked that this kind of thing was going on. Whenever i see some thing come out like this I always wonder what other people are getting away with that we dont know about.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Griever » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:07 am

What annoys me the most about this is that these are the same players who are bitching at and suing the NFL because they aren't doing enough to keep the players safe. The players are nothing but hypocrites. Obviously Goodell is doing a lot for player safety by investigating this bounty system and bringing it to light. I think Goodell is doing great job managing the NFL regardless of what other may say.
Griever
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby vonkaar » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:46 pm

holy shit... :eyecrazy:

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/03/2 ... on-by-nfl/

Payton suspended for the whole year, Williams banned indefinitely.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Arlos » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:33 pm

Yep, I called it. Williams gone for 1 year plus, multiple draft picks lost (I'm actually surprised they didn't lose a 1st rounder over it), Payton getting nailed and Loomis too.

Actually, I am a little surprise Payton got a full year, and Loomis only 8 games, though I have a sneaking suspicion Loomis is going to have a very long meeting with Benson (if they haven't had it already), where Benson is going to just about flay Loomis alive for not only ignoring the bounty program, but more importantly, ignoring Benson telling Loomis to DO something about the bounty program.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:32 pm

I'm disgusted with pro sports these days.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Return to Sports and LEEZure