You'll be happy Bogut, Arlos

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

You'll be happy Bogut, Arlos

Postby Zanchief » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:52 pm

People will have mixed things to say about the trade. Ellis wasn't much of a net plus for you guys and it may sting that you had to give up a young prospect like Udoh but to get one of the best big men in the league, I'd say it's worth it. The mandate at the beginning of the season was to add size. They struck out with both Chandler and Jordon, but instead landed an even better bigman. If they can stay on the court you may have a pretty fun team to watch next year. Always been a big fan of Bogut. Always hoped the Raps could make a deal for him. I know Vonk is a fan too.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Re: You'll be happy Bogut, Arlos

Postby Arlos » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:38 pm

Word in the local papers is that the W's might sit both Curry and Bogut due to "injuries" to try and lose their way back into a top-7 draft slot, so they keep their 1st rounder this year. (as they have to give it to some other team if it's 8th or later).

Probably not a bad idea, as they're not going anywhere this year at this point.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:18 am

I assumed they would do that, but it would sting like hell if they tank and still have to give up the pick as I assume Ls will be harder to come by the Ws for many lower end teams that make a concerted effort to race to the bottom.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby brinstar » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:58 pm

Zanchief wrote:People will have mixed things to say about the trade. Ellis wasn't much of a net plus for you guys and it may sting that you had to give up a young prospect like Udoh but to get one of the best big men in the league, I'd say it's worth it. The mandate at the beginning of the season was to add size. They struck out with both Chandler and Jordon, but instead landed an even better bigman. If they can stay on the court you may have a pretty fun team to watch next year. Always been a big fan of Bogut. Always hoped the Raps could make a deal for him. I know Vonk is a fan too.

until the word "court" i was unsure whether this was a basketball or hockey thread
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Zanchief » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:10 pm

I know because I'm Canadian you would assume I know a lot about Hockey, but I don't really follow it outside of the playoffs and lunches with Snero where I ask whats going on and I bitch about second assists.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby brinstar » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:34 pm

Zanchief wrote:I know because I'm Canadian you would assume I know a lot about Hockey, but I don't really follow it outside of the playoffs and lunches with Snero where I ask whats going on and I bitch about second assists.

i won't deny your nationality came into play a little, but i know arlos follows the sharks so it was really a fifty-fifty shot :copper:
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tikker » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:59 am

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Tikker wrote:the Sharks are terrible right now, and Arlos only cares about his teams when they're winning

Where in hell did you get that idea? I care about my teams period. You may be confused by the fact that I pay only passing attention to baseball and the NBA, unless the local teams are in the playoffs, but the 49ers and the Sharks? Oh yeah, I follow them quite closely, even back when the Sharks completely sucked in the late 90s/early 00's, and the most recent stretch of the 49ers being absolutely horrible.

And yeah, the sharks have been in a massive slump lately. They are finally showing signs of turning things around, at least. Not entirely coincidentally, they seem to finally be getting healthy again. Still seems to be the weakest Sharks team in years, which is odd, as on paper, they look great. Guess we'll have to see if they make the playoffs, and how they do if they get there.

Getting back to the original thread topic: Zan, what'd you think of the W's follow-up trade, to get rid of SJax and get SA's 1st rounder? Think they can lose enough to get themselves a top-7 and a mid/late-20s pick? (or even package the 2 to move into the top 2-3?)

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:30 am

The trade with the Spurs was a good one since it seems no one in the club wanted Jackson to begin with. I could see them trading those picks for more serviceable players at draft. So many teams are looking to stock up on picks right now, they'll have plenty of buyers.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby vonkaar » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:04 am

Ellis is terrible... you got a steal here.

He's basically Jason Terry without the selfless/leadership attitude. Monta Ellis needs to be a 6th man on a great team but thinks of himself as a 1st man on a terrible team. Meaning - I think he wants to be Allen Iverson, except he has 1/10th of his skill. Plus, I think he's a little insane.

Bogut is a solid big man. Warriors win here. And it's not even close. On paper and on actual impact to team performance... it's just all good. At his best, he's the #2 center in the league. Even at his injury-hobbled worst, he's still a top ten. Ellis can't crack the top ten guards on his best days, can't even sniff it.

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin for the warriors. such an upgrade
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Zanchief » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:46 am

Yea I have him pegged as the second best big in the league when healthy. A lot of people give me a hard time about that though. Very good pick up.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Return to Sports and LEEZure