Dock Ellis and the LSD No-No (a true story)

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Dock Ellis and the LSD No-No (a true story)

Postby brinstar » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:01 am

compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Re: Dock Ellis and the LSD No-No (a true story)

Postby Tossica » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:12 am

ha! Nice.

That was on the day I was born!

Seriously, I don't trust anyone who's never taken acid at least once.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tikker » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:27 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby ClakarEQ » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:48 pm

It could be a play on "you don't know who you are until you've been in an altered state" type perspective.
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tossica » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:16 pm

For the right person, a drop of LSD flips a light on that puts a lot of things in to perspective. Once you've seen the light, nothing is the same and you're a better person for it. I think it's something that most people should do at least once as a learning experience.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Harrison » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:54 pm

All I learned was that things in the dark look absolutely nothing like what they really are

*shrug*

It was fun, but nothing enlightening or anything of the sort.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:35 pm

LSD never did much for me either. No matter what the hallucinogen, I've never seen things that weren't there, either. Mostly just things like as if I was looking through a heat haze, focus got fuzzed out, colors were different, and lights had halos around them like you see at night sometimes. Acid didn't do much of ANYTHING to me, actually, save one time when I did liquid with Ecstasy at the same time. If we're talking hallucinogens in general, mushrooms were always much more fun, and my favorite was a synthetic called 2C-B.

I haven't done any of that kinda stuff in more than a decade, though. Ahhh, misspent youth...

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tossica » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:55 pm

Then neither of you ever "got off" properly on it. Mushrooms are fun but make me nauseous and have an unpleasant body buzz to them. Never done 2C-B but I've heard good things. The last time I tripped was 17yrs ago and it had been another 5 years before that so it's definitely something from my past.

Depending on the quality of acid, I'd get anything from the giggles with the hazy, shimmering effect to completely disappearing in to my own brain for several hours. I've never seen things that weren't there really like how it's portrayed in the movies, etc but have had some serious soul searching/mystical type experiences on it where I come back with a whole new perspective on life. Being in the proper setting with the right people makes a big difference.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Harrison » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:23 pm

Tossica wrote:Then neither of you ever "got off" properly on it. Mushrooms are fun but make me nauseous and have an unpleasant body buzz to them. Never done 2C-B but I've heard good things. The last time I tripped was 17yrs ago and it had been another 5 years before that so it's definitely something from my past.

Depending on the quality of acid, I'd get anything from the giggles with the hazy, shimmering effect to completely disappearing in to my own brain for several hours. I've never seen things that weren't there really like how it's portrayed in the movies, etc but have had some serious soul searching/mystical type experiences on it where I come back with a whole new perspective on life. Being in the proper setting with the right people makes a big difference.

No, it's the fact that different bodies, minds, etc. react entirely different to the same compounds.

What LSD does to you, is not necessarily even remotely the same to what it does to another. I can't even believe I need to say this lol

I don't get nausea from Mushrooms of any kind, and I find the body high to be very pleasurable. Acid however lasts way too fucking long. I was tripping for something like 18 hours, and was not too amused with it towards the last 4-5 hours.

I did enjoy it though. I just don't think it's a life changing experience.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:30 pm

everyone wrote:bla bla bla

boiled down -> "to each his/her own"

but back to the original topic

i personally have never tried any sort of hallucinogen so i can't say i understand completely, but for you who have - can you imagine throwing a no-hitter in that state of mind? i realize most of you are baseball haters but i dare say there's a more difficult feat in american sports than tossing a full nine innings of no-hit ball (except, of course, for the even rarer "perfect game" in which there are 0 total baserunners, i.e. no walks, errors, or beanballs) so it's amazing enough to pull it off in the first place, let alone doing it with a skull full of crazy juice.

edit: PLUS the hilarious video using audio from an interview with Dock himself just kills it

edit2: doesn't matter how many times i watch it, i still lose my shit whenever he goes "i just scored a touchdown!"
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Gaazy » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:57 am

I <3 mushrooms
I havent done them in a long time, but I remember the last time we were camping, and it was a beautiful day beside the river, and I sat out on a rock out in the middle of the stream just staring at the color and texture of the rocks. Awesome
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Return to Sports and LEEZure