NFL 2012

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Re: NFL 2012

Postby Kaemon » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:24 pm

Tikker wrote:49ers got beaten like a rented mule
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Arlos » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:46 pm

No, they didn't. The Giants loss, now *THAT* was them getting beaten like a rented mule.

THAT loss was pure idiocy. WTF did they run a risky sweep that close to the goal line? Why do they go to idiot-mode for playcalling late in the game? Oh, and how about the TE, Walker, flat out dropping a sure TD pass, then getting a penalty that stalled the drive on the next play? Yet, despite of all that, we still would have won if Akers makes a field goal he wouldn't have missed last year.

So yeah, there is a lot of things they need to improve, and they shouldn't have lost that game. Hardly rented mule status, though.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Kaemon » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:54 pm

How about not starting a qb controversy in the middle of a season when you're actually winning.

That alone takes a lot of focus away from the objective of winning.

* it was a loss to the Rams, it's just as bad as being manhandled by the Giants.
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Lyion » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:24 am

49ers are not SB bound currently. Then again, whom from the NFC is the frontrunner? Falcons look very beatable, too. Green Bay seems hot.

AFC side is even more confusing. I'm hopeful Houston beats New England like a rented mule, but I can see them losing that game. Baltimore are paper tigers. I'd say Denver is the hot team from here
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:48 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Kaemon » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:49 am

Just when you thought the Giants were going to go down, along comes a rookie by the name of Wilson. Last time I saw this guy was the Giant home opener against the Cowboys. He fumbled once in the first quarter when the Giants were driving and was designated to the bench. How things turn around quickly, I believe Bradshaw will now participate in practice after that performance.

I was hoping N.O. would win to make it a 3 way tie with 3 games left. Redskins had the easiest schedule down the stretch...right before RG3's injury. I'm still hoping against hope that the Cowboys can pull it off, but no O-Line and no inside linebackers weakened the running the defense. Let's see what happens now.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Lyion » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:18 am

I'm curious how San Fran will do playing in Foxborough next weekend. I expected Houston to get plowed last night and they didn't disappoint. I also think New England is a very beatable team, and more the product of very good scheming and coaching. I'm really hoping New England does not get the #1 seed. I want them to have to play at Denver.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Reynaldo » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:27 pm

San Fran doesn't score many points. @ NE should give us a real visual on Kaepernick playing from behind and how he responds.

You know Bill is going to take away their running / option game. Will depend on how well K can throw it vs that secondary. If he has to start forcing it in the 2nd half if they get down 10-14, could be another blowout.

How about SD blowing out Pittsburgh in Ben's return??? Lol. Crazy league this is.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tikker » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:38 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:14 pm

The big plus for San Fran is they have a good secondary, with an even better front four. If you plant Brady a few times, and the Refs actually let the teams play, then New England suddenly becomes a very beatable team. I think the Kaepernick choice will really hurt them here, simply due to the experience and accuracy Smith brings to the table. I'm hoping San Fran smashes NE, but it really depends on gameplans, adjustments, and preparation as well as how many times they can put a helmet on pretty boy.

The SD - Pitt game was weird because Norv had essentially already been given his death notice. In an odd change of evens, the AFC North might be the most overrated division in the NFL. Pitt has done more with less this year than any team I've ever seen. They should pray Lebeau stays around a few more years, because if he leaves they are screwed.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:18 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:44 pm

Tikker wrote:$5 says mendenhall gets cut outright before the end of the year tho

wtb a running back

I think Brandon Jacobs might be available....

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:03 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:33 pm

Nice to see pretty boy and Belicheat suck up a primetime loss, even in a game that the 9ers took the second half off. I really wish they would have put 50 on the Pats.

Anyways, here's to hoping the Pats are stuck at the #3 seed.

Bye Norv.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Arlos » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:47 pm

I pretty much figured the Pats were going to make a 2nd half run at some point. They are just too good a team NOT to put something together. Of course, I wasn't expecting us to give up FOUR TDs, but hey, we were able to overcome it. This should also shut people up about whether or not Harbaugh was right to stick with Kaepernick or not. I like Alex Smith, but I don't think he wins that game.

I think 49ers can seal the #2 seed by winning next Sunday in Seattle. I'll be watching that game, you can be sure...

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Kaemon » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:23 pm

I have a strong feeling that Seattle won't be a pushover.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Arlos » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:46 pm

I don't think they'll be a pushover either. Not by any means.

I just think the 49ers are a better team.

I think it'll be close, but I think the 49ers win. (and I suspect Seattle is going to stand a better than even chance of winning the 4/5 seeds game come playoff time.)

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Reynaldo » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:46 am

Loving the Seahawks getting to the Falcons. That should be a fun game to watch.

The best AFC game would obviously be the Pats @ Broncs but really hope both road teams knock them out.

Looking like a San Fran vs. Denver superbowl though, just like the old days.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Lyion » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:20 pm

I really, really, really wish Houston had lost. They are essentially a bye for the Patriots. If they had lost, I can easily see Baltimore going to New England and taking that game. I don't see Baltimore beating Denver, however, so I'll be amazed if we don't see New England at Denver in 2 weeks.

NFC is wide open.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Arlos » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:02 pm

Anyone still want to argue against Harbaugh choosing to stick with Kaepernick? Wow. What a game, even WITH that opening pick-6. One thing that ESPECIALLY impressed me about the game was just how much more the 49ers dominated after halftime adjustments. There was no Patriot-like comeback happening THIS time. I don't see who else out there beats the 49ers if they play like THAT. I just hope we see THIS 49ers team for 2 more games, and not the 49ers team we saw when they went into Seattle.

I didn't get to watch much of the Denver/Baltimore game, but still, double OT? WTF? Then Manning throws a Tony Romo-esque INT? Ye gods.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:26 am

welp with NFC North out and no remaining mannings in the fight, i'm checking out of this season

GL to those of you still watching!
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Jay » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:09 am

Arlos wrote:Anyone still want to argue against Harbaugh choosing to stick with Kaepernick? Wow. What a game, even WITH that opening pick-6. One thing that ESPECIALLY impressed me about the game was just how much more the 49ers dominated after halftime adjustments. There was no Patriot-like comeback happening THIS time. I don't see who else out there beats the 49ers if they play like THAT. I just hope we see THIS 49ers team for 2 more games, and not the 49ers team we saw when they went into Seattle.

I didn't get to watch much of the Denver/Baltimore game, but still, double OT? WTF? Then Manning throws a Tony Romo-esque INT? Ye gods.

-Arlos

That wasn't Manning's fault. Receiver overran his route because Peyton was under pressure and didn't release in the usual amount of time and the receiver didn't double back in time. Peyton was money imo. He nailed the exact spot where the play was supposed to be made. Corey whatever got lucky.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:02 pm

I think the patriots are going to completely dominate this game. We raped their faces with a massive injury list of our primaries, and now they're back.

They may not be 100%, but they're back. This game will be a blowout.

Pats 49ers SB.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:29 pm

Baltimore matches up fairly well with N.E.. It wouldn't surprise me to see them win this game. Denver is a better team than New England, and should have beaten them in Foxborough if not for some ugly turnovers. I really wish Denver would've beaten Baltimore. I'm still trying to figure out how they didn't.

I don't see Atlanta beating San Fran. They really should have lost to Seattle, but Carroll made too many dumb coaching moves.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Reynaldo » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:47 am

I think both these games are blowouts.

NE over Bal something like 41-24

SF over ATL 34-17
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran