Jon Jones is SCARED & Ducking Chael Sonnen

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Jon Jones is SCARED & Ducking Chael Sonnen

Postby Susvain » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:23 am

How about this??? Chael effectively uses his tongue to line himself up for a title shot at 205lbs without winning a fight...thats fantastic. Jon Jones ruins UFC 151 for the first time in UFC history. The American Gangster says he will fight TONIGHT and sign his purse over to Jonny Jones yet he declines.

Alot of other fighters, especially those fighting at UFC 151 are very vocal and upset about Bones decision to not fight Chael in 8 days. Nearly everyone is giving Jon shit about declining and I dislike Jones as much as anyone but i really cant blame Jon for all of the repercussions of a cancelled event. The livelehood of all the fighters fighting at 151 are not his responsibility. Jones cant be blamed for the income of these fighters...the amount of food their family have or where they live or the rent. MMA and the UFC is a SPORT. Jones legacy and career are his to accomplish solely. Being the Champion does not mean you can be forced to fight. It has nothing to do with Sonnen or the opponent. The reality of the situation it is a huge, unnecessary risk that Jones is not obligated to accept.

Dana has the media and fans wrapped around his finger. And i LOVE the guy. But Dana swaying so many casual fan's opinions against Jones is certainly interesting. The conference call for 151 that was held/released this morning was fantastic. Dana had alot of SMACK to talk....alot.

Do i wish that Jones vs. Sonnen for the title was happening in 8 days? MORE THAN ANYTHING. I LOVE Chael and he is one of my favorite people to watch and listen to, and with Bones being so exciting AND a title fight...this would of been awesome. Chael would of had some priceless quotes and the fight/buildup/promo's would of had my excitement for the UFC maybe as great as ALL TIME. Gawd this would of been so fucking awesome.....Sonnen getting a title shot like this...and potentially winning...lol. Although im fairly certain Chael could not outwrestle/control Jones the whole fight and i absolutely cant see Chael getting the finish. Bones would of TKO'd Chael in the 3/4/5th round.
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Re: Jon Jones is SCARED & Ducking Chael Sonnen

Postby Spazz » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:09 am

Chael is a scumbag lack luster figher whos only claim to fame is his big fucking mouth. He shouldnt be allowed to troll his way into title shots ......

That said henderson had to drop no one wanted to fight jones on no notice cept chael so what other choice is there? Shogun said No machida said no. Chael isnt the only guy to try to step up either, Chris weidman also said we would take that fight but he was told no one would buy it. No one but middle weights wanted a shot at jones at short notice so what does that say about ufc lwhs and jones ?

I think jones prolly shoulda taken the fight to keep the ppv on and I am sure as shit that it would have been an easy win for him to boot. I would love to see chael get his face smashed in for being a big mouth but he really hasnt earned the pay day.

This is about money and respect and jackson fight planning. Im pissed as hell at Jones but if you think hes afraid of sonnen your a fucking idiot and should prolly kill yourself.

Oh a last point. Dana White is as responsible for the cancel as Jones if not more so. The ufc put together a really shitty ppv with only one fight people wanted to pay to watch. Maybe if the ufc would stop making such watered down shit cards than they wouldnt be at risk for having to cancel a ppvs when things go wrong.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Ganzo » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:52 pm

UFC and most of MMA has been getting worse and worse. Most of the refs alternate between being blind to people getting beaten unconscious and stopping fights after first slap. Fighters don't want to take any risks and deliver boring boxing-like hugging matches, and the competition is nonexistent.

I'm to a point of giving up on this sport
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Spazz » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:48 pm

As am I ganzo. I been a fan a long time and it gets harder and harder to watch and get excited about the crappy fights that have been goin on all year. I miss the old guard of guys who would fight to win and either win or lose in epic fashion. I miss being able to keep track of the events and fighters, and over all i miss being excited about fights. Condit vs Diaz is really what did it for me and its not cuz my guy lost. Its that that fight should have been fight of the year and pure fire works and instead it was game plans and points. Thats all this sport is about now. Finishes are getting rare and even hard fought decisions like chuck vs wand are becoming rare.

Im getting to the point with mma that i reached with wrestling, You read about the event after it happened and if it seems worth your time you watch it.

They really need to start moving back towards pride and ufc 1 and away from this shit that they are putting out now. Im starting to think that fighters should be fined for not finishing fights and fined for backing out of them as well. I think title fights should get rid of the 5 rounds and at the end of round 5 they keep going til there is a winner. I would say option 2 might be make it so that the title cannot change hands with out a clear cut winner you decision the champ and you lose een if you win/shrug. SOmething needs to be done about whats happening in the sport if the ufc wants to keep expanding and keep people tuned in.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Susvain » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:08 am

I dont actually think Bones is ducking or scared, i'm just a bigger Chael fan and i thought it was a good title. Holy SPAZZ, i said Bones would probally kill Chael and I also said i put more blame on DFW than Bones.

Holy angry nerd rage by Spazz. Makes sense though...as you are not a fan of Sonnen. However, if you are NOT EXCITED For Belfort/Sonnen v Jones you are sillly. There was this organization called PRIDE FC, and there they put on exciting fights regardless of divisional ranking. Yes, i think the top contenders should get the title opportunities, HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!1 how can you not be excited for Belfort v Bones? Yes Bones will probally win but it is a former champion and top tier fighter. It is an interesting matchup, one we would nromally never see....some of you MMA fans are silly. You should just be excited for big name fights. Sheesh.
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Spazz » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:26 am

Im not excited about vitor vs jones cuz its going to be a squash match and you know it. Also yes this whole situation is making me rage the fuck out. I was am maybe a jones fan and im disgusted by what he did. How you goin talk at me like I dont know what PFC is ? There was awesome fights there but it was also a total fucking freak show fixed fights and theres a reason they arent around anymore.

Belfort hasnt done a god damn thing to earn that payday or that tile shot.

Also chael sonnen is the mindia of the ufc and I hate the guy. I think title shots should be earned by puttin in work not trolling niggaz on twitter.

Last thing money. I get excited bout big name fights when they make sense. If its just about biog names why dont we throw jones in with ellenberger ?

Only thing about that fight that I am pumped about is that chances are really high it wont be a 25 min blanket match.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby brinstar » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:11 am

punchsports
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Spazz » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:57 pm

As opposed to pussy sports like baseball and basketball ?
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby brinstar » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:56 pm

Spazz wrote:As opposed to pussy sports like baseball and basketball ?

trap sprung etc
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tikker » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:23 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Spazz » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:12 pm

I dont know vince macmahon would kill for this kind of heat. JON JONES JUST TURNED HEAL BA GAWD !!!
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Harrison » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:22 am

Jones is a fag. I've seen some stupid shit in this sport but this takes the cake.

Chael wasn't just going for the title shot to "troll for the title". He was taking the fight to let all the other fighters on the card get paid. Jones is a selfish faggot and ducked because he wasn't "prepared" for an 8 day notice fight versus Sonnen.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Spazz » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:21 am

Do you not follow the sport other than ppvs ? Chael started trolling about 3 weeks ago because he new hendo was fucked up.

I think Jon Jones gets a lot of the blame cuz hes a champion and this makes him look bad but ..... hendo , the ufc , greg jackson , machida and shogun all can have some of the blame as well
Hendo waited til last second to tell anyone
ufc booked a really week card
greg jackson is a safety first little snake
machida and shogun also turned down the fight

So there you have it and if you want to talk shit at jones ( who doesnt) than I think those guys need to share some of the heat
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Harrison » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:49 am

Machida and Shogun were offered and turned it down. Sonnen was the only one with the balls to do it.

It's not about the shit talking. It's about who turned down what, and who offered to go.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:50 am

And Dan didn't wait until the last second, he tried to muscle through it, train etc. anyways.

It didn't work out. He's a beast and respectable for at least that much. I wouldn't blame him for anything.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Spazz » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:46 am

Yea and looked what happened to him trying to work through it. Shoulda let Dana know the second it happened so that you know just in case a replacement was needed. Im pissed at Jones as well but to me it takes a fuck ton of nerve to put all of this on him.

Also like I said weeks ago chael new and being a business man he started trolling to put himself in line for that shot. He didnt earn it and he was trying to make big bank of Jones. I would be leary about making some asshole a huge payday off my name too. Everyone involved in this shit is dirty and to just lay it on jones is weak.

Im not even defending Jones here im just trying to call a spade a spade.

Overall I think Jones should have took that fight because hes a champion and that is what champions do. But to blame it all on him is absurd. If there were any other fights on the card than they could have saved it. Thats what the ufc gets for trying to squeeze every last penny out of the fans and spreading themselves so thin. With the roster the ufc has not having enough namers to fill a card is not a problem they should have. The biggest slice of blame pie belongs to the ufc no matter what you say or argue thats the facts.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Harrison » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:18 pm

For a someone to claim themselves as champion, to dodge fights, is hilariously bad.

"I'm the best! But, I won't fight this guy, or that guy, or that guy..."

Lol does that sound as horrible to you as it does out loud?
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Spazz » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:53 pm

Im not saying it doesnt infact I find it disgusting and im damn sure wand or chuck wouldnt have done that shit back in the days .

What I am saying is that the fighters not getting paid and the card getting canceled is a lot more ufcs fault than jones. Why was there only one fight worth a fuck on the card harrison ? Why didnt hendo pull out when he blew it or at least ell dana make a back up plan asap.

I think youve got my argument confused. Im not arguing that jones didnt act like an ass. Im arguing that scrapping the card is more on the ufc than jones. If you cant see that than your hate is blinding you. Be mad he deserves it but if you cant see whos really to blame than I guess you havent been following along with the slow painful death of the greatest sport ever.

And yes harrison I agree with you If your gonna say your the best than believe it and make short work of the niggaz you think are unworthy.

Im the best shacktown grappler outhere and anytime one of these guys think that they can flex me I kick off my sandals and workshirt and give it a go. Im just a puts but if i can get in the right frame of mind than the best in the world should be willing too. More I think on it the more riled up I get. Its really not that I dont think it was a bitch move I just really think the ufc brass should be catching a lot more heat.

With nicky out this was the only fight hyping me up at the moment and I feel like christmas just got canceled. Not pissed at you guys just really taking this shit personally :(
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Harrison » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:24 pm

I think the sport's popularity is its own undoing.

It needs to be refined.

I don't hate Jones. I just think he pulled a faggot move. I'm no fan of Dana myself. I just think the buck stops with Jones, because even with a shitty card, it all came down to Jones.

I think Jones would rock Sonnen's face, hard. But, at least the fight would have happened.(and it would have been a popular one, too, because of all the Sonnen shit-talk)
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Susvain » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:00 am

Cmon Harri thats 'effin crazy to put it all on Bones. This past year or two there have been atleast 10-15 or so main events cancelled/scrappred/replaced but there is ALWAYS a way to fix it. There is normally a co-main event that can be promoted as the main event, or afighter can be taken and placed into the main event. Yes Hendo should get respect for doing all he can to battle through it and take probally his last title fight of his career....but why wouldn't he inform DFW/Ufc when it happened so they can start to plan for the worst? These factors, along with multiple number one contenders turning down the fight also?? All of these reasons aren't Bones responsibility. I really dislike Bones personally but cmon now...

Now - to NOT be excited at all about Bones v Vitor??? Cmon now...Vitor is a former HW/LHW champion and he has fought EVERYONE that's a big name. Vitor is clearly a main eventer that a MMA fan should be somewhat excited to see in any big fight. At the very least we got Bones heel title run getting more and more heat as time goes on, and beating up an older fan favorite like Vitor Bones will only get more and more boos. When is the last time we seen a HEEL title run in the UFC??? Especially with a guy like Bones who may never lose at LHW. This is like Yokozuna in the early 90s, or JBL or HHH in the early '00s. Bones could be the greatest heel of all time....should be interesting.
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Susvain » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:02 am

Who was the last heel champion in any weight class??? Machida after the first Shogun fight? Tim Sylvia? Rashad Evans? Not sure if Lesnar counts...
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Susvain » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:19 am

I like Vitors chances more than Sonnen. Although "a old Vitor, with head in right place, lightning hands and motivated" is one of those overhyped myths sort of like....

"in shape BJ penn"
"healthy shogun"
"prime Cro-Cop"
"Chuck with THAT look in his eyes"
"motived rampage"
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Ganzo » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:51 am

Susvain wrote:I like Vitors chances more than Sonnen.
He always had a "glass jaw" so i wouldn't bet on it.
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Return to Sports and LEEZure