Koenigsegg's Agera R

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Koenigsegg's Agera R

Postby Menelvir » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:30 pm

Zero to 186 in 14.5s, and a top speed to rival that of the Bugatti Veyron.

I like fast, but jeez...

I guess I don't have to worry since I don't have $2.5M burning a hole in my pocket. Whew.
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Re: Koenigsegg's Agera R

Postby Harrison » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:56 am

Speed limits > Useless wastes of machinery and gas.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:36 pm

I dunno, you buy that kind of car at least partially to take to the track, I would expect.

A friend of mine did something like that, albeit on a much smaller scale. He bought a 1980s Porsche 944 turbo with an engine in fairly bad shape, and he's spent the last 2 years completely rebuilding the engine from the ground up by hand, and doing a shit-ton of other work on it too. Once he's done, he'll be taking it on monthly trips to Laguna Seca to run it on track days there.

So, if someone is willing to drop 2.5mil on a car that is THAT fast, I can only imagine they must have at least SOME plans to do the same. That or they live somewhere like Germany, where speed limits are much less an issue.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Spazz » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:06 pm

Its also kinda ugly. Hill billy trucks and american muscle cars are more my style
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Menelvir » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:14 pm

Arlos wrote:He bought a 1980s Porsche 944 turbo with an engine in fairly bad shape, and he's spent the last 2 years completely rebuilding the engine from the ground up by hand, and doing a shit-ton of other work on it too [...]

That's really cool - I respect and admire the attitude of a guy willing to pick up a wrench and do his own work on his own shit.

And generally, I prefer old school, muscle car styles, too, hence my current ride. It was a treat for me, since I'd never bought anything of the sort before, and had only ever bought one other vehicle new, which was a utilitarian pickup.
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Return to Sports and LEEZure