2012 seems like a really bad year for sports

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

2012 seems like a really bad year for sports

Postby Spazz » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:23 pm

Was just thinkin bout that. Lions have gone back to sucking, theres no hockey and the ufc has been complete garbage this year. Go back a lil further and the tigers came up short and even a bit further and so did the wings. Maybe its just a bad time to be a sports fan in Detroit i dunno

ANyone else having a case of the sports blues bout now or is that just me ?
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Re: 2012 seems like a really bad year for sports

Postby Tikker » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:42 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:03 pm

This has mostly been an awesome year for sports here in this area.

The A's defied all expectations and actually won the AL West. Came damn close to going far in the playoffs, too.

The Giants, of course, went all the way and won the World Series, which again, no one expected.

The 49ers are one of the top 3-4 teams in the NFL right now, and easily one of the favorites to reach and/or win the Super Bowl. (this was more expected, given last season)

The Sharks WOULD be good, you know, if hockey were actually played this year, but would probably break fan's hearts by falling just short. Again.

The Stanford Cardinal are in the Rose Bowl, and their win over Oregon kept them OUT of the BCS championship game.

Both the Stanford and Cal basketball teams look like they might do something this year too.

Hell, even the Warriors are actually winning games for a change, and are looking like they are within a surprisingly short distance of competent.

And then we have the Raiders. About the best you can say for them is at least they haven't managed to actually set their pants on fire during a game yet.

Still, 7 out of 8 gonig right isn't a bad ratio at all... Damn good year for Bay Area sports.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Spazz » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:23 am

Tik gsp would get catch a beating. Im hoping nick diaz beats him cuz you know im a fan but i know its a long shot. Also I thought he looked like shit in that return fight and im not sold hes the same fighter.

Ive been watchin pro wrestling again to fill the void. Its terrible sometimes but its amusing sometimes too. Lotta new faces and not very many guys that make you want to root for them. I have discovered that the internet wrestling community is worse than punks and hipsters when it comes to being elite and that the its so pretentious even chief would blush. Wrestling nerds take that shit serious. I have also discovered that if you want to troll these people all day long all you have to do is be a cena fan.

Hockey is like winter background noise it seems so quiet this winter. I havent paid much attention the last few years but its really weird when its not on.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Reynaldo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:38 pm

For some of us...no hockey is a blessing! Makes more room for football rumors and speculation on sportscenter instead of hockey highlights
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Drem » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:30 pm

well im a big tigers fan and the world series was rough. i dont follow other sports but i feel ya there
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Spazz » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:08 pm

I dont follow baseball at all but I love to see my city win and hate to see them lose weather its golf football or hockey its all about that D
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Return to Sports and LEEZure