NHL playoffs

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

NHL playoffs

Postby Tuggan » Fri May 03, 2013 2:35 pm

Any predictions gents? I think we got like 4 Hockey fans here.

I picked St. Louis from the beginning of the short season, so I'm sticking with em.
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Re: NHL playoffs

Postby Arlos » Fri May 03, 2013 2:39 pm

I was happy about the Sharks beating the Canucks in game 1, but lets just say I am keeping my euphoria in check. I think finals are going to be Blackhawks-Penguins.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tuggan » Fri May 03, 2013 3:24 pm

It's early yet, but i'm kind of surprised how much the lower tier in the east has been sucking. Western conference games have been competitive regardless of standings.
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Spazz » Fri May 03, 2013 9:41 pm

. Looks like Chicago Pittsburgh is going to be the final this year.

Buffalo Penguins in 6
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Arlos » Sat May 04, 2013 11:59 am

Wow! What a comeback win for the Sharks last night!

I'm half surprised there was no rioting in Vancouver last night... heh.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Griever » Mon May 06, 2013 10:50 am

This is the Caps year. We have tons of firepower with a renewed Ovechkin and I believe the #1 power play in the league. On top of that we are playing great defense and Holtby is becoming one of the best goalies in the league. Adam Oates has done an amazing job with this team.

Fun fact: Did you know that in Saturday's game against the Rangers the Capitals held them without a shot on goal for almost 18 minutes? Nuts!
Griever
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Arlos » Mon May 06, 2013 2:05 pm

Caps are better, but I still don't think they're likely to get past Pittsburgh, especially as Crosby's back. (heard his injury was insane: his tongue got ripped off and had to be surgically re-attached.... eeeew!)

Sharks crushed the Canucks last night. Putting Schneider back in obviously backfired. Still makes little sense to me that they put him in, given that he's coming off an injury AND since Luongo was about the only person from Vancouver that was consistently playing well in the first place. I have no idea what they're going to do now for game 4. Would not be at all surprised if the Sharks sweep this series; Vancouver just looks bad all around. Rather surprising, given the talent over there. Of course, the Sharks were up 3-0 in their series vs Detroit last year and that went to 7 games, so I'm by no means just assuming a sweep will happen. Playoff collapses are our specialty, after all.

I'm impressed that the Wild won a game in their series too. I don't think they stand any chance of winning the series, but at least they're not going to get swept.

Right now I'm pulling hard for Detroit and Los Angeles to win their series, with the LA series going to 7 games. heh. I think Detroit matches up better vs Chicago than the Sharks do, and the Sharks are MUCH better vs the Kings than the Blues. If the Ducks win, the Sharks get Chicago next round, and I want no part of that.... rofl.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Arlos » Wed May 08, 2013 12:19 am

SHARKS SWEEP! WAHOO!

Bullshit penalty call in OT, no question, but that was a *HORRIBLE* play by Schneider there that directly allowed the goal.

Going to be a *VERY* interesting offseason in Vancouver with regard to their goalie situation... Luongo was easily the best Canuck player in G1 and G2, they go back to Schneider, and he shits the bed 2 games in a row. They just shat all over Luongo after he played his heart out, and their "better" replacement was awful.

Vancouver *HAS* to get rid of one of them, or the drama will destroy them next season. But how can they do that now? Every other team KNOWS the situation, so who is going to give up real assets to get either goalie? Luongo has that insane anchor of a contract, and Schneider did NOT play well in the playoffs. Vancouver can't go back and pick Luongo now, not after they treated him like they did. But he may well be the better goalie.

So what does Vancouver do? Use one of the amnesty buyouts for Luongo and accept getting nothing for him? Trade Schneider for 50 cents on the dollar and risk going forward with a probably very unhappy Luongo? Repeat this last season and dither ineffectually for months and ruin another season?

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Kaemon » Wed May 08, 2013 7:29 am

Ranger fan here - If they're as aggressive tonight as they were last game, it's going back to Washington 2-2. How about them Islanders?
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Tikker » Wed May 08, 2013 7:54 am

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Kaemon » Mon May 13, 2013 5:38 pm

last 2 games in Washington were losses in OT. There's a slim chance of hope, but this has been a series of winning at home only.
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Arlos » Tue May 14, 2013 1:32 am

Rangers certainly took care of business tonight. You know I'm rooting for them to get to the ECFs, right? I mean, if they make it there, the Sharks get their 2nd, no matter WHAT they decide to do about Ryane Clowe in the offseason. ;)

Likewise, I'm rooting for the Pens to get there, to get us the 2nd from the Murray trade too....

Gotta feel for the Leafs fans, though. Up 4-1 with just over half the 3rd left to go to win the series. Up 4-2 with less than 2 minutes to go. Then Boston scores 2 only like 40 seconds apart, takes it to OT, then wins it in OT... Talk about a nut punch loss.... Ouch.

As for the West, I dunno. I am guessing that the Sharks win in 6 (split G1/2 in LA, win G2-3 at home, get crushed in LA in game 5, then finish off the series in game 6), but honestly, that series could go to just about any extreme.

Chicago - Detroit... Pretty sure Chicago wins that one. I just hope it goes long and they beat the hell out of each other, so whoever gets to the WCFs is beat to hell, but I doubt it'll happen. I suspect it will be Chicago in 5, maybe 6. If Detroit wins, it'll be in a 7 game series, likely with game 7 going to OT.

-Arlos

BTW, if any hockey fans are looking for a good hockey-only message board, I've become rather fond of: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Spazz » Tue May 14, 2013 3:44 pm

I keep thinking that were going to beat the blackhawks. I feel like im one of a few that feel this way. Im telling you win or lose we arent going out in 5
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Drem » Wed May 15, 2013 2:19 am

Whatever dude the tigers lost all four first games of the world series last year. I dont even live in detroit and i'm still pissed. I dont know two shits about hockey but good luck! Hhahahahah
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Arlos » Mon May 27, 2013 4:06 am

Spazz wrote:I keep thinking that were going to beat the blackhawks. I feel like im one of a few that feel this way. Im telling you win or lose we arent going out in 5

I actually think the Wings are going to take the series on monday. Which is exactly what I was hoping for, if the Sharks can just get past the Kings...

That Sharks/Kings series has been really impressive. Talk about 2 evenly matched teams. Really puts most of the eastern conference series to shame. Since we've done well vs Detroit this year (and the last few years), if we can somehow win that game 7, I think we have actually decent odds to finally go to a SC Final. Of course, getting past the game 7 is going to be an absolute bitch...

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tuggan » Tue May 28, 2013 9:54 pm

quicks a bad motherfucker.

fingers crossed detroit continues the trend of "back against the wall" performances, but chicago is definitely turning it up.
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Jay » Wed May 29, 2013 9:07 pm

Get ganked Tugg and spazz
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Wed May 29, 2013 9:10 pm

damn son

now that it's down to 4 teams i'ma pay attention :)

hawks pens plz
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Spazz » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:49 pm

Im gonna have to go with the bruins on this one.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Tikker » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:04 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:03 pm

dude wow
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Spazz » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:03 pm

I hate Kane. Booooooooooooo
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Tikker » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:02 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:17 am

as someone who loves the great city of chicago i'm down with the hawks but not because i particularly give a shit about toews or the team or really even the sport itself (although i wish it were more popular)

no i like the hawks because for all the antagonism and socioeconomic/racial friction between the north side and the south side (each of which is represented by a polarizing MLB team) everybody gets together and wears red when the hawks play

i imagine the same is probably true of the bulls but w/e fuck basketball lol
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Jay » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:08 am

I dropped the Blackhawks and hockey altogether back when Chelios and Roenick left the team. My heart was broken. Now that they're winning I can't be a scumbag and just be a fan again. I do wanna follow hockey I just don't have a team.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Next

Return to Sports and LEEZure