College Football

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Who do you think will finish the college football season #1?

Texas Longhorns
19%
Oklahoma Sooners
14%
USC Trojans
10%
LSU Tigers
No votes
Georgia Bulldogs
5%
Miami Hurricanes
10%
Florida State Seminoles
5%
Other(Probably some shitty Big 10 team)
38%

Total votes : 21

Postby Andraxus Lupinedeth » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:15 pm

I was expecting some decent arguments as to why I did not have any big-10 teams in my poll. Silvestra failed miserably. So let the shit talking begin, who ya think is gonna win the title this year.
Andraxus Lupinedeth
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby The Kizzy » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:34 pm

Man, you gotta edit taht shit out, I dont want Taxx thinking Im a loser.................Wait
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Ninerienae » Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:20 am

Andraxus Lupinedeth wrote:I was expecting some decent arguments as to why I did not have any big-10 teams in my poll. Silvestra failed miserably. So let the shit talking begin, who ya think is gonna win the title this year.

I don't think the Buckeyes were supposed to finish in the top 10 when we won it all. Coaches poll is out, and there are 6 teams from the Big 10 in the Top25. I am not saying that a Big 10 team is going to win it all, but you can bet that some "shitty Big 10 team" will place ahead of Texas this year. At least Texas did well in their BCS bowl last year. What's that you say? Texas wasn't in a BCS bowl and 2 Big 10 teams were? Oops? Washington State was killer in your bowl game weren't they?

Go Horns! Not
Ninerienae
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Andraxus Lupinedeth » Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:34 am

Now thats the type of argument I was looking for. I am at work atm but will respond to it in full when I get off. And you are very correct about Longhorn chokefest. But remember how long it took Bobby Bowden and the Seminoles to win their first NC. I think it was 14 years in the top 10, no bowl losses, and all 10 win seasons before they got their first. It is only a matter of time before the Longhorns get theirs again. Also remember, everyone thinks they are down and out this year with the loss of their three recievers.
Andraxus Lupinedeth
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Ouchyfish » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:57 am

Auburn Tigers, man. All the way.

War Eagle!

P.S.
Bobby Bowden is a pansy and his sons are too. He was afraid to enter the SEC because he might actually have to play a tougher schedule than Clemson and Duke 70 point victory margins all season long.

Deion Sanders can kiss my ass too..motherfucker ruined a good sugar bowl and caused me to break my hand in 1989. :lol:
Last edited by Ouchyfish on Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:18 am

Florida needs Steve again. With no Tom Osborne and Nebraska, victory will be ours...
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Andraxus Lupinedeth » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:11 pm

OK,

As for Texas not being in a BCS bowl, well their loss to Oklahoma(who lost to Kansas State) locked them out. But 2 Big 12 teams were in BCS games. Yes your Buckeyes did beat one of them, and the other got beat in the National Championship. I personally think that Oklahoma loss to Kansas State, which ruined Texas BCS bowl, was what caused them to lose in the Holiday Bowl. They just were not pumped to be playing in the Holiday Bowl for the 3rd time in 4 years.
We will see how well Ohio State and Texas match up in the 2005 season anyways as Texas opens up at Ohio State in a 1 and 1 series. I am glad you are sure that Texas is down and out. It is nice to see some low expectations as I agree they have been overrated in the past and the rankings have gotten to their head. At least now they have a chance to sneak up on some folks. But I would love to see the Big 10 (and Pac 10) step up to the plate and have a league championship game. Texas has been extremely successful in a conference that has 3 other year in and year out powerhouses in it. (Nebraska, Texas, Kansas State, and Oklahoma all are having a down year if they don't win 10 games.) Texas Tech is dangerous because they can score points at will almost. Oklahoma State can be froggy as well. Texas A&M, as much as I hate them, will not suck for much longer. Missouri has a ton of potential to be nasty. Colorado is usually a decent team. Kansas is moving up in the world. That leaves Iowa State and Baylor as the doormats. I would say that as far as top to bottom only the SEC and ACC may be stronger. And the ACC only this year.

But you made alot of good points. I look forward to the beginning of the season and seeing who's team backs up all the shit their fans talk to each other. So good luck all you folks, I hope they all come a game away from going to the NC, a game behind Texas.
Andraxus Lupinedeth
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Ninerienae » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:02 am

I actually don't have anything bad to say about Texas, I just couldn't let you dog the Big 10 like that :). I sort of hope Texas does well so I don't have to hear about Oklahoma anymore. I got sick of seeing that pansy Stoops in his visor on TV all the time. KState earned my respect with their fans on the Buckeye message board as well, classy group of people. I hope USC gets their asses kicked too, couldn't stand their whining last season (I am for the BCS, but that is another topic I guess). I was actually cheering for *ichigan during that game (probably the only time ever); the way they played at the beginning of the season I thought they were going to win it all.

I agree sneaking up on folks helps, I think that is what OSU did in 02 and might be able to do again this year. People saying "Oh, you guys lost 14 people to the draft" or "You lost your punter" (damn he was good) might put us in the same position. We have a little friendly competition going on at running back which can't hurt, and our defense is still pretty good. If we can get the bugs worked out on Marshall and Cincinnati (definately not looking past them) we have a chance to do well. There seems to be a lot of question in the Big 10 though, I see *ichigan, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota all having a chance to be decent as well, guess we will have to wait and see.

Also looking forward to playing Texas. If we are still both playing EQ then (!) you can expect a lot more shit talking :lol: . Might even fly back to buy you a beer since it's in Columbus if you go(I went to OSU and am from there).

PS. screw Bobby Bowden and the Tomahawk Chop. And Baylor beating Colorado was very ccc~
Ninerienae
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Previous

Return to Sports and LEEZure