2013 - 2014 NFL season

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Re: 2013 - 2014 NFL season

Postby Harrison » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:17 am

Both support my argument.

Both games were decided by a bullshit call.

One helped me as a fan but, both support my argument.

Shit is going down a road that will ruin my favorite sport like it did Basketball. Basketball has improved with the flop calls. It's still not enough.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tikker » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:48 am

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:14 pm

Harrison wrote:Both support my argument.

fair enough, i can appreciate that
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby vonkaar » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:23 pm

For the record... flopping calls have done nothing, nor will do nothing to address the problem in basketball.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Arlos » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:56 pm

49ers roflstomped Jacksonville, which surprised exactly no one.

Boy, the Cowpatties losing in such a nut-punch fashion fills me with glee. :)

Chiefs are 8-0, nice.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:27 am

jacksonville? you mean the JAGURAS?

(saw a gif of the people holding single-letter flags run onto the field in the wrong order. florida, lol)
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Ganzo » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:21 pm

I don't know what you are talking about here, but last Sunday's Lions vs. Cowboys' game was epic. The last 5 min of the game was like something out of the movie
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Reynaldo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:01 pm

9-0 Chiefs!

Have a bye week then play the sunday night game @ Denver.

Will be a real barometer of where they're at. Honestly, Peyton isn't going to miss open receivers and make dumb mistakes that we've been fortunate enough to have with all the backup QBs we've been going up against. And if we can't get sacks on Jeff Tuel of all people I'm kind of worried about the pass rush lately, 1 sack in the last 2 games.

Hoping for the best but expecting a 31-17 broncos win. Then hopefully we can make adjustments and beat them at Arrowhead 2 weeks later.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Jay » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:15 am

I still stand by what I've always said about Alex Smith. The guy has zero big play making ability. He's solid, he makes safe decisions and he's got decent risk assessment, but he can't make big plays. Peyton will not miss open receivers. He's gonna hammer in the points and since Denver's passing D isn't the best, Alex Smith will have chances to make the big plays he's gonna need to make to out shoot Peyton. I don't think he's gonna do it, but if ever he had a chance to shut me up, it'll be in the game vs Denver.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:10 pm

Jay wrote:I still stand by what I've always said about Alex Smith. The guy has zero big play making ability. He's solid, he makes safe decisions and he's got decent risk assessment, but he can't make big plays. Peyton will not miss open receivers. He's gonna hammer in the points and since Denver's passing D isn't the best, Alex Smith will have chances to make the big plays he's gonna need to make to out shoot Peyton. I don't think he's gonna do it, but if ever he had a chance to shut me up, it'll be in the game vs Denver.

You missed the Indy-Denver game. Peyton looked pretty mortal there. Anyways, it's tough to compare anyone to Manning who is arguably the greatest regular season QB in the history of the game.

Smith is playing exactly the way Reid wants him to play, and you can't argue with 9-0. If you think he can't make big plays, go back and watch his highlights from the 49ers. He had plenty there. I think he's on a leash now, but conservative wins in the NFL if one has the D to back it up.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Reynaldo » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:24 pm

i'm really hoping with the whole john fox health thing and looking ahead to the Chiefs game, that the Broncs are looking past San Diego.

I hate Rivers, don't get me wrong, AND I'm playing against him in fantasy but I'm a huge SD fan this weekend and think they have the ability to give Denver all they want.

The bye is a great chance to get Fasano healthy at TE finally and hopefully expand the offense some for Smith. Reid is like 14-1 after a bye so he's got a good track record.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Jay » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:45 pm

Lyion wrote:
Jay wrote:I still stand by what I've always said about Alex Smith. The guy has zero big play making ability. He's solid, he makes safe decisions and he's got decent risk assessment, but he can't make big plays. Peyton will not miss open receivers. He's gonna hammer in the points and since Denver's passing D isn't the best, Alex Smith will have chances to make the big plays he's gonna need to make to out shoot Peyton. I don't think he's gonna do it, but if ever he had a chance to shut me up, it'll be in the game vs Denver.

You missed the Indy-Denver game. Peyton looked pretty mortal there. Anyways, it's tough to compare anyone to Manning who is arguably the greatest regular season QB in the history of the game.

Smith is playing exactly the way Reid wants him to play, and you can't argue with 9-0. If you think he can't make big plays, go back and watch his highlights from the 49ers. He had plenty there. I think he's on a leash now, but conservative wins in the NFL if one has the D to back it up.

Smith sank the ship far more than he ever saved it in clutch time. The man doesnt do big plays. Calling Pey-Rod "mortal" because of how he played in INDIANAPOLIS is a bit unfair but yes he's human but he's nothing less than elite. I will shit on KC's 9-0 all fucking day considering the best team in that group of 9 wins is the Cowboys. Your arguments are weak dude and I know you're not dumb enough to think that their 9-0 was hard earned.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:43 pm

ANY win that isn't Jacksonville is hard earned in the NFL. Just ask the Cowboys.

Smith did play clutch quite often in SF. More importantly, he was part of the solution and not part of the problem <in the Harbaugh era> which can't be said for 75% of the QBs in the NFL. Kaep has more upside which is why they went in that direction, but I think Smith is a better pocket QB right now.

A better question is with Matt Cassel or Brady Quinn, would KC be 9-0 right now?
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:34 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby vonkaar » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:02 pm

Used to be, yes.

Less so in today's game. You can't rely solely on your defense to win all of your games anymore. All of the new player protection rules have totally changed the system.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Jay » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:50 am

Lyion wrote:ANY win that isn't Jacksonville is hard earned in the NFL. Just ask the Cowboys.

Smith did play clutch quite often in SF. More importantly, he was part of the solution and not part of the problem <in the Harbaugh era> which can't be said for 75% of the QBs in the NFL. Kaep has more upside which is why they went in that direction, but I think Smith is a better pocket QB right now.

A better question is with Matt Cassel or Brady Quinn, would KC be 9-0 right now?

KC certainly would not be. I gave Alex Smith credit where credit was due. His defense reading and risk assessment are great. The guy can run. I don't think that makes him a better pocket QB though, because Kaep can launch a pass inside the pocket, Smith can't. During the Harbaugh/Smith era, less than 15% of his passes made it over 20 yds. Smith has a certain kind of poise in the pocket because he knows what we all know. He ain't throwing it. He's looking for a good opportunity to run. Once the pocket starts to close, you can expect Smith to move it about 2 yards and drop, throw it away or connect for a short gain if any gain at all. When you won't throw in the pocket, you will get less picks obviously. He's safe, he's precise within his realm and he's a good game manager. He's not an elite QB though and he never will be. Not until he can throw the ball. It's that simple. Tom Brady can fucking throw the ball and he's 7-2 with the pile of shit team he has. That's an elite QB. Drew Brees is basically the only reason the Saints are relevant. Aaron Rodgers puts up consistent hall of fame level performances. That's the difference. He was part of the solution not the problem in the 49ers. I accept that, but great QB's aren't part of the solution, they are the solution.

Smith and KC are a good team. Not a great team. Indy, Seattle and Denver are the teams to beat. Despite 9-0, I put KC in the same league as SF, NO, NE and Cincinnati as far as power ranking and that's being generous.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:24 am

Panthers D made Kaep look pretty bad yesterday. Patriots at Panthers game is looking good for next week. Hopefully Carolina will crush N.E.

Reckoning time: Chiefs at Broncos next Sunday night.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Arlos » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:30 am

49ers looked terribad. I don't even want to talk about it.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Jay » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:21 am

Arlos wrote:49ers looked terribad. I don't even want to talk about it.

-Arlos

We know. Since you only talk sports when your local teams are doing good =P

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Reynaldo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:24 pm

Alex Smith would have beat the Panthers! lawl!!!

Broncos seemed like they lost 4-5 players to injury during the chargers game, with even manning getting a couple good licks on him.

I feel good that the Chiefs won't get blown out but I still don't think they win @ denver.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Lyion » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:25 am

If only Dwayne Bowe played for Denver and not KC...

http://fox4kc.com/2013/11/12/chiefs-wid ... ossession/

RIVERSIDE, Mo. — Riverside Police confirmed to FOX 4 Tuesday morning that an officer arrested Chiefs’ wide receiver Dwayne Bowe on Sunday for speeding and possession of marijuana.

The police department also sent out a news release with further details. The news release is as follows:

Shortly before midnight on November 10th a Riverside Police Officer was parked on West Platte Road and NW Business Park using radar to check for speed violations when a black, 2011 Audi A8 registered a speed of 48 mph in a 35 mph zone. The police officer, in a marked police car, subsequently stopped the car on West Platte Road at Riverside Street.

While questioning the driver the Officer detected a strong odor of marijuana from inside of the vehicle. The officer then requested the driver and two passengers to get out of the vehicle. Once out of the vehicle the Officer explained to the driver, who owned the vehicle, that he was a K-9 Officer and that the dog would alert to an illegal substance. Subsequently, inside of a black bag the officer discovered the wallet of the driver and vehicle owner, Dwayne L. Bowe, and two containers that had 6.6 grams and 3.8 grams respectively of what is believed to be marijuana in them. Bowe was then placed under arrest for the possession of a controlled substance. The K-9 alerted to a black backpack and inside of that was found a container that had 4.2 grams of what is believed to be marijuana in it.

One of the passengers, George A. Thompson, said the backpack belonged to him. Subsequent to his arrest for possession of a controlled substance, Thompson was searched and on his person two hand rolled cigarettes, containing what is believed to be 2.2 grams of marijuana were also found.

Bowe and Thompson were both transported to the Riverside Police Department for booking on the following municipal charges: Bowe for speeding and possession of a controlled substance with a bond of $750; Thompson for the possession of a controlled substance with a bond of $500. The third passenger in the car, who was not charged, posted bond for both men and they were released with a court date of December 18, 2013.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Reynaldo » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:18 pm

Will be interesting to see how the offense looks without him. As dumb as it sounds, it may get better getting a speedier guy on that side. Smith doesn't use his size for back shoulder throws or jump balls anyway so the routes he gets his catches on could be run by Jenkins/Hemmingway/Wylie or whoever.

Still dumb though. No homo!
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby leah » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:31 am

ohnoz, marijuana!
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Lyion » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:52 am

C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Reynaldo » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:46 pm

Reynaldo wrote:9-0 Chiefs!

Have a bye week then play the sunday night game @ Denver.

Will be a real barometer of where they're at. Honestly, Peyton isn't going to miss open receivers and make dumb mistakes that we've been fortunate enough to have with all the backup QBs we've been going up against. And if we can't get sacks on Jeff Tuel of all people I'm kind of worried about the pass rush lately, 1 sack in the last 2 games.

Hoping for the best but expecting a 31-17 broncos win. Then hopefully we can make adjustments and beat them at Arrowhead 2 weeks later.

Looks like I was pretty spot on here.

Pass rush has straight up vanished. Not just last night but the last 3 games. We won't beat Denver @ KC either unless we get an officiating crew that lets our DBs be physical with their WRs. Way too many def holding/PI calls to extend Bronco drives.

I wasn't disappointed with Smith at all. I thought he made plenty of good throws down the field and gave his WRs great chances to make plays. They just....didn't.

Just gotta beat SD at home next week and hope the Pats can take down the Broncos
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Sports and LEEZure