Ricky Williams Retires

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Ricky Williams Retires

Postby Lyion » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 am

What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Mop » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:13 am

smoking weed > than his desire to play football.

makes sense.
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby The Kizzy » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:14 am

Taxx is angry now. MY BROWNS HAVE A CHANCE
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tacks » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:20 am

Motherfucking NI...black people. What he couldn't have told them BEFORE the draft? Fucking asshat.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Mop » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:23 am

More of the selfish american attitude.

I understand his reasons but I think it is fucked up to leave 55 people hanging like that. It maybe a game but people play and train their whole life to try and get to the superbowl... he just let 54 other people down.

fuck him

and I hate the dolphins
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Ouchyfish » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:26 am

No shit, the psycho pothead waits until Late July to announce this? WTF?
Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Andraxus Lupinedeth » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:57 am

Being a hardcore Texas fan, well, this just pisses me off. I hate people who actually have a gift but are just pieces of shit who exploit the fact that they only have to work 5-6 years and retire. IMHO he is the biggest piece of shit to leave the NFL w/out handcuffs in the last 10 years.
Andraxus Lupinedeth
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Ouchyfish » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:15 am

IMHO he is the biggest piece of shit to leave the NFL w/out handcuffs in the last 10 years.

Probably would have been with handcuffs had he not retired. :lol:

Either way, the fucker knew he was smoking pot, he should have said something sooner. It's not like he is leaving to spend more time with his family, he just doesn't want to conform to rules basically. I'm surprised he isn't going to Amsterdam.

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Andraxus Lupinedeth » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:36 am

For true.
Andraxus Lupinedeth
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Lyion » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:46 am

NamelessRex wrote:
IMHO he is the biggest piece of shit to leave the NFL w/out handcuffs in the last 10 years.

Either way, the fucker knew he was smoking pot, he should have said something sooner. It's not like he is leaving to spend more time with his family, he just doesn't want to conform to rules basically. I'm surprised he isn't going to Amsterdam.

I guess Free choice doesn't matter, huh? It's ok for teams to drop players right and left, but if a player is tired of the NFL he's wrong for 'squandering' his gift.

Ya know, more power to Ricky. I hope he gets a good gig where he can relax, and do his thing.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Mop » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:49 am

that is idiotic.

Cut players don't have entire teams built around them, millions of dollars spent on the team to make that player better. Rick Williams did.

He can do whatever he wants- though he is letting down a lot of people, and some of those people spent alot of money to try and make him the center of that offence.

So I hope that joint and his trip to asia are friend.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Lyion » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:30 pm

Mop wrote:that is idiotic.

Cut players don't have entire teams built around them, millions of dollars spent on the team to make that player better. Rick Williams did.

One BAD year and a player and his salary are TOSSED.

I hate to tell you, but the reason Miami's O was revolving around Williams, is because Fiedler and their WRs are mediocre at best.

Its not like Miami built a line like Baltimore's, or anything.

I believe Ricky is making a mistake, but I thought Barry Sanders was, too.

However, I respect anyones decision, and its not like he's doing this the week before the season starts. Its not even fucking training camp, so Miami has plenty of time to change his mind, make a trade, or do whatever they want.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Mop » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:47 pm

So you honestly believe that the Dolphins have a chance at playoffs this year?

With Ricky they did. 6 days until training camp I doubt they do now. I doubt there will even be an upbeat practice going in the first two weeks.

The only thing the Dolphins have going for them is if David Bostin lays off the HGH and can stay healthy for a season or even 5 weeks * that might be some sort of record for him * He could cause some troubles for some teams w/ his size.

I am pretty positive though this has something to do with the ugly ass orange jersyes they wore for a bit last year. I would quit too.

Though the bonus is I doubt I will need January second tickets to see the Dolphins now.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Lyion » Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:48 pm

Mop wrote:So you honestly believe that the Dolphins have a chance at playoffs this year?

With Ricky they did. 6 days until training camp I doubt they do now. I doubt there will even be an upbeat practice going in the first two weeks.

Nope, don't think they had a chance with or without Williams.

Feeley or Feidler, neither will do Jack or Squat.

Williams was overrated, also. He's a good back, but again Miami's line isn't good enough to push them over, and with the Pats getting Corey Dillon, the Jets having a healthy Pennington, and Buffalo's D being even better even with Ricky I pick the Dolphins no higher than 3rd in their division.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:20 pm

I hate to tell you, but the reason Miami's O was revolving around Williams, is because Fiedler and their WRs are mediocre at best.

Yes no shit. They spent all of their money on Williams because they thought he was going to be their back for the future. If he wanted to retire, that's fine, just don't wait till fucking training camp to quit. With Fiedler at QB and no decent running back the already shitty Dolphins offense is going to be non-existant now.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ouchyfish » Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:35 pm

Williams was overrated, also

1300+ yards is overated? He was injury prone though, now I wonder how much of it was injury and how much of it was his brain fucking up.

As for the Fiedler discussion...I'd be happier to see an out of shape old ass Marino out there than that son of a bitch for one more season.

Damn Marino was awesome..=\ He couldn't scramble for shit but that quick release and the ability to come back really made shit exciting. It is still one of the greatest tradegies that he never got a ring. =\

Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:57 pm

NamelessRex wrote:
Williams was overrated, also

1300+ yards is overated?

1300 is not what it used to be. Williams didn't even make the Pro Bowl last year.

He has a lot of talent, but heart and desire at times seem to be missing.

He's not in my top 5 backs in the NFL.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ouchyfish » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:04 pm

Damn times have changed then. Not only is baseball getting pussified (Japanese players come HERE now to retire) but it looks like the NFL is too.

My bad. I was of the mindframe that 1300 yards was now what it once was. =\

Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tadpole » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:21 pm

ive been a big phins fan all my life...this shocked me.

a couple things:
the dolphins rebuilt their o line this off season, and it looks quite potent.
ricky william's smoking the whacky weed and his 620k fine was not a crucial point in his retirement, he stated he would retire anyways. he said that he wants to spend more time traveling the world, or go back to school. maybe even start a family. they still have a chance to get a half decent to good runnigback. adewale ogunleye still is up for grabs in the trade market, and a lot of teams are interested in him (being the AFC's sack leader last season). it is also hard to gain a lot of running yards when the defense knows that 3/4's or more of the time you are going to run the ball, because their passing game was not sufficient. they bulked their line this offseason and added AJ Feely (he will be something~) and david boston. Feely will have some good targets this year, in Boston, Chris Chambers, and Randy McMichael. dont count them out just on this, watch for adewale to go somewhere else within a week for a RB...
Tadpole
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Ouchyfish » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:23 pm

They could always bring back ron davenport. The guy couldn't hold onto the ball if it had a handle mounted on it.

Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Kramer » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:51 pm

sure, he did kind of screw his team by quitting after the draft....

but who gives a shit? the dude shoudl be able to do whatever he wants, and I hope he listens to everyone's shit and still doesn't care...

like another year in the NFL woudl have made a significant difference on any level EVER...

the big picture is he is a person, he has choices, and people are bitching and moaning because they care more about some dumbass sport than they should....
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Kramer
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby Ouchyfish » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:12 pm

like another year in the NFL woudl have made a significant difference on any level EVER...

Three million bucks could have bought his depressed ass a lot more reefer.[/quote]

Ouchyfish
    NT Patron
    NT Patron

Postby Tacks » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:36 pm

And to whoever saying he wasn't that big of a deal. Didn't he have like 7 games in a row with 100+ yards or am I remembering incorrectly?
    Tacks
    NT Legend
    NT Legend

Postby vonkaar » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:38 pm

Anyone that says Williams was anything short of a future hall-of-famer and possible candidate for honorable mention as 'best ever' was watching a different sport than me. He *could* have been at least an Emmit. Probably not a Brown, but he did leave like one =p.

Shrug... I'm glad we got the only 'good' veteren back on the market when we could. Miami would have been paying HIGH DOLLA for George right now.
    Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
    vonkaar
    Sexy Ass
    Sexy Ass

Postby Tacks » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:43 pm

All is well, we Travis Minor........................
    Tacks
    NT Legend
    NT Legend

Next

Return to Sports and LEEZure