Ricky Williams Retires

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Postby Lyion » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:29 pm

vonkaar wrote:No... we loved it too. It was pretty freaking funny.

Also... I think that the majority of Cowboys fans hate Jerry Jones more than the rest of the country.

This is true. You actually have to live in Dallas to really hate Jerry Jones.

Vonk, sometime I'll have to tell you the story of my cousin in Dallas who taped Irvin with some drugs in the late 90s. He became public enemy #1 for a bit, was funny as hell.

The funny thing is he is still there and I'm the one who moved away.

Spot on about Sanders, Arlos, and his amazing improvisition abilities. The guy was a thing of beauty on the field. He could have the prettiest 5 yard run ever.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ganzo » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:56 pm

Isn't Ricky Williams a gay British pop singer?
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Tacks » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:06 pm

That would be Robbie Williams, and if he's gay I didn't know that.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ganzo » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:48 pm

I don't know if he suck cock but his music sucks
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Herko » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:44 am

Ricky Williams may have actually been very smart by "retiring". They said that he stated he was having to retire due to his marijuana problems...and if he had gone to training camp he would have been tested during his physical....it would have been his 4th drug test failure. The third one already is costing him 4 games this season, a 4th failure may have been a banning from the game.

That being said, If that is indeed why he did "retire" he should be back in about 30 days to unretire, as long as he can put down the weed and clean up, and return to training camp and sit out his 4 game suspension.

Itll be interestoing if he stays gone for good or comes back after a "lapse of judgement" period. You'll probably hear, "I miss the game so much" and crap like that if he returns.
My foot to your Ass: Bringing new meaning to the word Mistletoe.
Herko
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Lyion » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:50 am

Herko wrote:Ricky Williams may have actually been very smart by "retiring". They said that he stated he was having to retire due to his marijuana problems...and if he had gone to training camp he would have been tested during his physical....it would have been his 4th drug test failure. The third one already is costing him 4 games this season, a 4th failure may have been a banning from the game.

That being said, If that is indeed why he did "retire" he should be back in about 30 days to unretire, as long as he can put down the weed and clean up, and return to training camp and sit out his 4 game suspension.

Itll be interestoing if he stays gone for good or comes back after a "lapse of judgement" period. You'll probably hear, "I miss the game so much" and crap like that if he returns.

Ya know, I never even considered that <Nor did the sports writers>.

That said, didnt he have a 'masking agent' that hid his dope smoking, or at least claims to have on?

It'll be interesting to see if he does come back.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ouchyfish » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:41 am

Not that it has any bearing on anything, but I remember a rumor flying around that Williams was gay. Not sure how it ever got started but it was a hot topic around Austin about a year or so ago.

(The robbie williams comment thing made me remember.)

A search for "ricky williams gay" turned this up:

http://www.outsports.com/nfl/2004/0725rickywilliamsretires.htm
Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:17 pm

NamelessRex wrote:Not that it has any bearing on anything, but I remember a rumor flying around that Williams was gay. Not sure how it ever got started but it was a hot topic around Austin about a year or so ago.

Except he's got a kid and likes the <white> women.

Ricky is odd, no doubt, and has that Dennis Rodman eccenriticity, but has said in the past he's hetero.

The funny thing is the few gay people I've met are ones you wouldn't know are gay.

The ones who appear oddberts usually aren't. They're just fucked up a tad, like Williams.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ouchyfish » Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:23 pm

Elton john was married and Rosie O'fatass has a kid. =p

need I bring up Jacko?
Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Previous

Return to Sports and LEEZure