What's Your Excuse

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

What's Your Excuse

Postby Jay » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:42 pm

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1487278

Long story short, a smoking hot Milf, Maria Kang, fitness expert, posts a really sexy pic of her rock solid body alongside her 3 kids ages 3, 2 and 8 months. Half the comments are backlash calling her a bully and someone even went as far as calling her a shame to women. The other half were compliments and "I'd hit it" and the like.

Discuss.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: What's Your Excuse

Postby Ganzo » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:08 am

It is easy to throw down fitness challenges when you are wealthy to eat only good food and can have help for the kids. It is also easy when your occupation keeps you in gym. People like that forget that most moms with 3 kids will be working, often 2 jobs, cooking, cleaning, doing laundry. If they can find time for the gym it will come at the expense of feeding the family with quick processed garbage, defeating the purpose of going to the gym. Our system is not set up to to help keep people healthy and fit because it is not profitable economic structure.
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Arlos » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:26 am

Also the aggressive stance of the post is going to get people's hackles up.

If it had a more inclusive/positive-oriented message, like, "Hey! You can do this too! Let me help you with how!" and she'd have gotten lots of praise. But by essentially claiming that she's more awesome than everyone else, and that people are inferior if they're not up to her standards, of course she's gonna piss people off.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby leah » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:44 am

what they said!

also, i read this article a few weeks ago and found it pretty interesting: http://reembody.me/2013/09/10/the-6-mos ... on-photos/

and also this: http://www.beautyredefined.net/why-fits ... irational/
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Tikker » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:00 am

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Menelvir » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:07 am

Ganzo wrote:It is easy to throw down fitness challenges when you are wealthy to eat only good food and can have help for the kids. It is also easy when your occupation keeps you in gym. People like that forget that most moms with 3 kids will be working, often 2 jobs, cooking, cleaning, doing laundry. If they can find time for the gym it will come at the expense of feeding the family with quick processed garbage, defeating the purpose of going to the gym. Our system is not set up to to help keep people healthy and fit because it is not profitable economic structure.

A-yep.
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Jay » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:35 am

Ganzo wrote:It is easy to throw down fitness challenges when you are wealthy to eat only good food and can have help for the kids. It is also easy when your occupation keeps you in gym. People like that forget that most moms with 3 kids will be working, often 2 jobs, cooking, cleaning, doing laundry. If they can find time for the gym it will come at the expense of feeding the family with quick processed garbage, defeating the purpose of going to the gym. Our system is not set up to to help keep people healthy and fit because it is not profitable economic structure.

This statement is a cop out. Not every mom works 2 jobs, some work 1 or none. Despite working 2 jobs, you still have to go to the grocery store, so the only difference there is the choices you make in food, not the amount of time spent doing it.

Gym's aren't that expensive. I pay 25 a month for my membership to 24hr fitness and that gives me access to every 24hr fitness in the country. Most of the ladies I see there spend maybe an hour a day there 3 days a week and look good. They're not sculpted like Maria Kang but they are in good shape, healthy and attractive. Also, taking walks around your neighborhood (if it's safe to do) or going for a 15-30 minute jog is free.

As for food, you don't need to eat at Whole Foods to eat healthy. Local produce and farmer's markets are pretty inexpensive. When I wanna eat healthy, I think I average paying 4-6 bucks a meal by cooking it myself. That's with lean grass-fed beef, salads, fish, chicken, whatever I want. I get that not everyone can cook, but tossing a salad with light dressing and chopped veggies or tossing a grilled chicken onto a foreman grill isn't hard. Sorry dude, but blaming the economy for lack of fit living is a stretch.

Arlos wrote:Also the aggressive stance of the post is going to get people's hackles up.

If it had a more inclusive/positive-oriented message, like, "Hey! You can do this too! Let me help you with how!" and she'd have gotten lots of praise. But by essentially claiming that she's more awesome than everyone else, and that people are inferior if they're not up to her standards, of course she's gonna piss people off.

-Arlos

I see where you're coming from here, and you have a point, but I see it as a challenge. Also, we both know the "hey you can do this too" shit doesn't work. People see that and think "Oh I can? I'll do it later then." It's not about making people praise or criticize either. It's about finding a way to make people take action.

In reference to the Maria Kang photo, I think what makes it bad though is the management of expectations. Staying motivated means having realistic goals. I think her picture in a way suggests that a lot of moms can get into that shape in 8 months and that's simply not true, at least not for someone who doesn't have either a naturally good metabolism or an expertise in fitness or both. When someone puts in what work they can and see that they don't look like her, it would be easy for their motivation to be deflated even though they've come a long way from the shape they were in 8 months ago.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Ganzo » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:46 pm

Jay wrote:This statement is a cop out. Not every mom works 2 jobs, some work 1 or none. Despite working 2 jobs, you still have to go to the grocery store, so the only difference there is the choices you make in food, not the amount of time spent doing it.

Gym's aren't that expensive. I pay 25 a month for my membership to 24hr fitness and that gives me access to every 24hr fitness in the country. Most of the ladies I see there spend maybe an hour a day there 3 days a week and look good. They're not sculpted like Maria Kang but they are in good shape, healthy and attractive. Also, taking walks around your neighborhood (if it's safe to do) or going for a 15-30 minute jog is free.

As for food, you don't need to eat at Whole Foods to eat healthy. Local produce and farmer's markets are pretty inexpensive. When I wanna eat healthy, I think I average paying 4-6 bucks a meal by cooking it myself. That's with lean grass-fed beef, salads, fish, chicken, whatever I want. I get that not everyone can cook, but tossing a salad with light dressing and chopped veggies or tossing a grilled chicken onto a foreman grill isn't hard. Sorry dude, but blaming the economy for lack of fit living is a stretch.

I think you are missing what I said.

Obviously not every mom works two jobs. However the challenge was obviously for the overweight women not the in shape lawyer/doctor wife types.
Here in the Midwest majority of the overweight women are middle class and/or poor. They all usually work, poor often work more than one low pay jobs.
When your kid is older you will realize just how much attention kids demand from parents. And a woman usually going to end up cooking for the family, cleaning, doing laundry for 5, helping kids with school work, giving baths, etc... And that is after full day of work. I swear my wife only works one job and she deserves a monument for all the shit she does after work. I try to help but between working 55 hours' having teleconference meetings at night, doing homework for my Masters and dealing with other shit we have to take turn which one of us actually gets to go to a gym on any given night. I can't imagine what it would be like with 3 kids.

As far as the cost of the gym goes I was not referring to money but time. Cooking for 5 is a time consuming process and good luck getting kids to eat salads. That is why so many parents get pizza or take out or even happy meals. Not because they are lazy, simply because they just don't have time and don't know that that shit is poison.

As far as cost of clean healthy food though, I disagree. It might be better where you live but here in Michigan I can't simply go to a farmer's markets because they are open on Wednesdays from 9:30 until 12:30. I don't know which city idiot thought that that was the good time for that permit, but everyone I know works at that time. My only option is Whole Foods and that store is not cheap at all. On a family of 3 we probably spend good 800 each month there. Not complaining cause I won't eat the pesticide/disease ridden hormonal shit they sell in Walmart regardless but not every family can afford that.

Anyway the point was that she was challenging people to look like her' which people can't do simply by eating healthy, it requires strict regiment and hours in gym, and I pointed out that her expectations were unrealistic.

Finally my last line was not about economy but about industry. Food Industry has no interest in consumers health, they care about profit. How long the product can stay on shelf and how offer people will buy it is what's important, that is why everything I'd filled to the brim with salt, high fructose corn sirup and canola oil, and for good addictive measures packed with aspartame. And of course same companies later publish died articles where they advertise their bullshit diet plans with their bullshit meal replacement shakes and bars or the whole control portion meals shipped to home for an astronomic price.

Anyway done ranting, if what I said didn't make sense it's because I am on Dilaudid for the pain. I had a surgery yesterday and am now hanging out at the hospital
גם זה יעבור

Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Jay » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:48 pm

Ganzo wrote:
Jay wrote:This statement is a cop out. Not every mom works 2 jobs, some work 1 or none. Despite working 2 jobs, you still have to go to the grocery store, so the only difference there is the choices you make in food, not the amount of time spent doing it.

I think you are missing what I said.

Obviously not every mom works two jobs. However the challenge was obviously for the overweight women not the in shape lawyer/doctor wife types.
Here in the Midwest majority of the overweight women are middle class and/or poor. They all usually work, poor often work more than one low pay jobs.
When your kid is older you will realize just how much attention kids demand from parents. And a woman usually going to end up cooking for the family, cleaning, doing laundry for 5, helping kids with school work, giving baths, etc... And that is after full day of work. I swear my wife only works one job and she deserves a monument for all the shit she does after work. I try to help but between working 55 hours' having teleconference meetings at night, doing homework for my Masters and dealing with other shit we have to take turn which one of us actually gets to go to a gym on any given night. I can't imagine what it would be like with 3 kids.

As far as the cost of the gym goes I was not referring to money but time. Cooking for 5 is a time consuming process and good luck getting kids to eat salads. That is why so many parents get pizza or take out or even happy meals. Not because they are lazy, simply because they just don't have time and don't know that that shit is poison.

As far as cost of clean healthy food though, I disagree. It might be better where you live but here in Michigan I can't simply go to a farmer's markets because they are open on Wednesdays from 9:30 until 12:30. I don't know which city idiot thought that that was the good time for that permit, but everyone I know works at that time. My only option is Whole Foods and that store is not cheap at all. On a family of 3 we probably spend good 800 each month there. Not complaining cause I won't eat the pesticide/disease ridden hormonal shit they sell in Walmart regardless but not every family can afford that.

Anyway the point was that she was challenging people to look like her' which people can't do simply by eating healthy, it requires strict regiment and hours in gym, and I pointed out that her expectations were unrealistic.

Finally my last line was not about economy but about industry. Food Industry has no interest in consumers health, they care about profit. How long the product can stay on shelf and how offer people will buy it is what's important, that is why everything I'd filled to the brim with salt, high fructose corn sirup and canola oil, and for good addictive measures packed with aspartame. And of course same companies later publish died articles where they advertise their bullshit diet plans with their bullshit meal replacement shakes and bars or the whole control portion meals shipped to home for an astronomic price.

Anyway done ranting, if what I said didn't make sense it's because I am on Dilaudid for the pain. I had a surgery yesterday and am now hanging out at the hospital

Oh shit, what was your surgery for? Hope you're ok bud.

One of the points I made in my post was that I do feel her picture was irresponsible in certain ways. Living and eating healthy doesn't mean you're gonna look like that in 8 months. It's simply an unrealistic expectation unless you have some pretty optimal circumstances. It doesn't mean that it's IMPOSSIBLE to reach a solid fitness goal within a reasonable time though. I think that personal health is something that is essential in life, not just for yourself, but as an example to set for your kids. To me it's as essential as doing a good job at work and teaching your kids right from wrong. I'm only starting to understand how much attention a kid needs and I'm well aware it's going to increase, but I can't compromise that part of my life. I'm don't have a swimmer build or anything, I've got a little spare change around the waist, but I used to be extremely unhealthy and sat at over 300lbs during my EQ years. I'm at a jovial 215 now.

I hear so many people talk about TV and stuff they've watched and can't help but think, that time coulda been spent in the gym. The time it takes to watch 1 show is all you need, 3 times a week, to be on track to a far healthier lifestyle with reasonable expectations and manageable goals amidst a busy life schedule. My best friend's wife Lena works 10 hours a day and has 2 kids and does the gym 5 days a week, an hour a day. Her husband does the 9-5 and they earn pretty average. I come over for dinner every so often and it's always balanced meals, heavy on greens and lean cuts of meat. All she does is whatever it is she has to do all day and as soon as she can hand the kids over to her husband for an hour shes on her way to the gym. Farmer's market hours are pretty stupid and I'm fortunate to be able to go to those, but honestly the same produce at Safeway or whatever your regular chain supermarket is will suffice. I don't really buy into the whole organic lifestyle but I think that aspect of things has little to do with the amount of protein, carbs, nutrients and the like that are going into your body.

Shit will get busy. There will be days when you miss your chance to go, but 3 hours a week is not much. Shit, sometimes you're just not busy and you feel like staying on the couch. That's ok sometimes too. If you simply don't have 3 hours a week to spare to take care of yourself, whether it be the gym or other stuff, then there's more wrong with your life than fitness.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby leah » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:03 am

josh and i spend like $150-$200 per week on healthy food at the grocery store... for two people. it's kind of crazy. i know part of that is our own fault because we won't shop at walmart and won't buy store-brand chicken breasts or higher-fat hamburger that's cheaper than the higher-quality stuff, but it's not like we're shopping at whole foods, you know? we comment to each other all the time how much more expensive it is to eat healthy than it would be to get, say, a flat of top ramen and a dozen cans of spaghettios. the deck is just naturally stacked against people who are trying to eat healthy and it's maddening. i feel like we're being punished for not eating like the average fatty midwesterners. it shouldn't be cheaper to get a gross fast-food burger than to get a nice big juicy apple. murica, i guess.

for me, though, the battle will always be mental. food is a comfort, so it's a constant war between a bad day at work and diving into a hershey's bar... and some days it's just a lot more desirable to go home and put on sweatpants and watch TV than it is to go to the gym. i think that's what bothers me about the whole "what's your excuse" thing—it doesn't really address the mental/emotional issues behind obesity and disordered eating. if being overweight was only a question of freeing up an hour in your schedule, then obviously it would be a lot easier to manage. but there are so many other more insidious things going on in the background—mental health, self-esteem issues, etc.—that i feel it's irresponsible to say "i can make it to the gym even though i have three kids at home; wtf is your problem, fatty?" all of these "inspirational" and "motivational" quotes border on fat-shaming, and i just don't feel like that's the right way to go about things. it's just going to make already-struggling people feel even worse about themselves.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Zanchief » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:41 am

Is she doing this for a living? What's her job? No, Jay, finding an hour a couple of times a week is a big deal. Most people after a full work day, and coming home a taking care of the kids don't have the energy to run off the gym. Good for her if she can. No need to be a jerk about it. I'm sure if we knew more about her I could shame her for a bunch of stuff she does that there is "no excuse" for. Why not try and help them in a positive way?

Also, healthy foods are more expensive mostly because chumps pay for it. Natural, organic, grain fed, pesticide free, no GMO. It's all junk. It's no healthier. Enjoy your miracle Quinoa.

I’ll eat my fat stupid pen raised salmon, and pay a fraction for it. It’s the same.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Ganzo » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:45 am

That was my whole issue with this article. Jay you saying that anyone can hit the gym three times a week and eat better, and I completely agree, I'm just saying that no way in hell they will get to her shape in 8 month after delivery dying that.

I'll give you my family as an example. I have a 7 year old daughter. That means that after work I get to make a dinner for a family, while helping her do the homework, because my wife gets off work after me. When my wife gets home we eat, than spend time with our daughter, after she goes to bed we take turns who's night it is to go to gym, while in gym I usually catch up on my recorded TV shows on my tablet.
Both me and my wife are in school, she is finishing her BBA while I am finishing my MBA, so our nights are filled with homework after our daughter is asleep. One of us will also make a lunches for next day at night. As you can see no one has free time to slack off. Just ask the guys I've tried to play EQ with ho much they saw me online.
Weekends are family time. We are firm believers in spending lots of time together because of how busy we are on the weekdays.

Because of this we used to be trying to alow more time for rest we had cut out gym and used to eat a lot of fast food, and both paid a price of quickly gaining weight. Fortunately we we disciplined enough to reverse bad habits and get healthy again. Write did 140 to 180 gain first than dropped back to 135. I went from 160 to 220 but now dropped down to 170.

Biggest change for me was dropping meat and dairy products but now I don't even miss them. I was amazed how many tastes and flavors you can create from vegetables.
גם זה יעבור

Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Ganzo » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:47 am

Zanchief wrote:Also, healthy foods are more expensive mostly because chumps pay for it. Natural, organic, grain fed, pesticide free, no GMO. It's all junk. It's no healthier. Enjoy your miracle Quinoa.

I’ll eat my fat stupid pen raised salmon, and pay a fraction for it. It’s the same.

That is simply wrong. Care to back up your statements with facts?
גם זה יעבור

Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby leah » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:06 am

Zanchief wrote:Also, healthy foods are more expensive mostly because chumps pay for it. Natural, organic, grain fed, pesticide free, no GMO. It's all junk. It's no healthier. Enjoy your miracle Quinoa.

please do not misunderstand: i don't buy natural/organic/etc. meat or veggies. i don't buy store-brand chicken breast because i find that it's more veiny and tough and it grosses me out, so i'll buy the next step up, but it's certainly not organic-certified or free range or whatever damn thing. same with my fruits and veggies; whatever's in the produce aisle is fine, i won't seek out the organic section.

my point is that the meat counter and the produce aisle are still more expensive than ramen and spaghettios and big macs. i don't see how anyone could argue with that.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Zanchief » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:59 am

leah wrote:i don't see how anyone could argue with that.

I'm not, and you're right. The cheapest food is bad for you. No debate. It's not always expensive to eat healthy, it's just more expensive. It's easy to make bad decisions when you have financial problems. Eat out at a nice restaurant or have a big mac...hrmmm especially if you prefer the big mac, that's an impossible decision to make.

The other thing about nutrition is people are misinformed. Hell nutritionists are misinformed, how are we supposed to know what’s going. People need to take this industry more seriously and take it back from naturopaths and wellness "doctors".
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Ganzo » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:16 am

Jay wrote:
Ganzo wrote:Anyway done ranting, if what I said didn't make sense it's because I am on Dilaudid for the pain. I had a surgery yesterday and am now hanging out at the hospital

Doing better now. I woke up at 1AM on the night from Saturday to Sunday in the worst pain in my solarplex that I ever felt in my life. I though it was bad heartburn but pain was just so much worse. Wife though I was having a heart attack because the symptoms matched and she would know being a cardiology nurce.
Anyway I win an argument about driving myself to the ER instead of waking up my daughter and her friend who was sleeping over and all of them driving me; and go to ER. Long story about horrors of getting admitted to the ER is omitted for later rant. I don't remember much of that night but nurces told me I was kicking the stretcher and screaming in pain.
Turns out my gold bladder was full of stones and one of them was trying to pass into liver and got stuck in the passage. This caused extreme pain and later infection; my gold bladder swole up to a triple size and was hard at a coconut. They cut it out on Wednesday, couldn't use standard procedure where they make a small incision and suck it out through a vacuum tube, instead slicem my belly open so I look like a victim of a Hari Cari.

I didn't even know there was such a thing as gold bladder stones, always hear about kidney stones. But my surgeon told me they are common and caused by a typical American diet of fried meat.
גם זה יעבור

Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Zanchief » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:27 am

Ganzo wrote:

That is simply wrong. Care to back up your statements with facts?

Yes I will. Can you? What specific thing do you object too?

I'll fill you in on how things work in the wolrd of nutrition.

Doctor does a study. Releases findings.

Nutritionist does nothing. Makes claim about food disputing doctors because of some conspiracy with Monsato or the FDA or the feds or something.

People believe nutritionist.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Zanchief » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:30 am

Ganzo wrote:
Jay wrote:
Ganzo wrote:Anyway done ranting, if what I said didn't make sense it's because I am on Dilaudid for the pain. I had a surgery yesterday and am now hanging out at the hospital

Doing better now. I woke up at 1AM on the night from Saturday to Sunday in the worst pain in my solarplex that I ever felt in my life. I though it was bad heartburn but pain was just so much worse. Wife though I was having a heart attack because the symptoms matched and she would know being a cardiology nurce.
Anyway I win an argument about driving myself to the ER instead of waking up my daughter and her friend who was sleeping over and all of them driving me; and go to ER. Long story about horrors of getting admitted to the ER is omitted for later rant. I don't remember much of that night but nurces told me I was kicking the stretcher and screaming in pain.
Turns out my gold bladder was full of stones and one of them was trying to pass into liver and got stuck in the passage. This caused extreme pain and later infection; my gold bladder swole up to a triple size and was hard at a coconut. They cut it out on Wednesday, couldn't use standard procedure where they make a small incision and suck it out through a vacuum tube, instead slicem my belly open so I look like a victim of a Hari Cari.

I didn't even know there was such a thing as gold bladder stones, always hear about kidney stones. But my surgeon told me they are common and caused by a typical American diet of fried meat.

That sounds horrible. I'll look forward to your ER rant. Glad you're better now. Should we expect the return of Ganzo?
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Jay » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:06 pm

Ganzo wrote:That was my whole issue with this article. Jay you saying that anyone can hit the gym three times a week and eat better, and I completely agree, I'm just saying that no way in hell they will get to her shape in 8 month after delivery dying that.

I'll give you my family as an example. I have a 7 year old daughter. That means that after work I get to make a dinner for a family, while helping her do the homework, because my wife gets off work after me. When my wife gets home we eat, than spend time with our daughter, after she goes to bed we take turns who's night it is to go to gym, while in gym I usually catch up on my recorded TV shows on my tablet.
Both me and my wife are in school, she is finishing her BBA while I am finishing my MBA, so our nights are filled with homework after our daughter is asleep. One of us will also make a lunches for next day at night. As you can see no one has free time to slack off. Just ask the guys I've tried to play EQ with ho much they saw me online.
Weekends are family time. We are firm believers in spending lots of time together because of how busy we are on the weekdays.

Because of this we used to be trying to alow more time for rest we had cut out gym and used to eat a lot of fast food, and both paid a price of quickly gaining weight. Fortunately we we disciplined enough to reverse bad habits and get healthy again. Write did 140 to 180 gain first than dropped back to 135. I went from 160 to 220 but now dropped down to 170.

Biggest change for me was dropping meat and dairy products but now I don't even miss them. I was amazed how many tastes and flavors you can create from vegetables.

Jesus man reading that made me cringe a bit. I hope you feel better dude.

As for pen raised vs grass fed free range, the free range stuff for me simply tastes better. I'll spent extra to have it taste that way. Food that isnt grain fed is just leaner and has better texture. I can't comment on the health value of it, but end of the day eating whatever is fine in moderation. I guess I'm lucky in it that I have lots of access to locally raised stuff.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Ganzo » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:42 pm

Zanchief wrote:
That sounds horrible. I'll look forward to your ER rant. Glad you're better now. Should we expect the return of Ganzo?

Came home tonight, I was told IO'd have a week of rest at home before following up with my physician and seeing about his release to work. So untill than I may be playing a bit each day during daytime hours when family is not home
גם זה יעבור

Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Lyion » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:16 pm

Zanchief wrote:Is she doing this for a living? What's her job? No, Jay, finding an hour a couple of times a week is a big deal. Most people after a full work day, and coming home a taking care of the kids don't have the energy to run off the gym. Good for her if she can. No need to be a jerk about it. I'm sure if we knew more about her I could shame her for a bunch of stuff she does that there is "no excuse" for. Why not try and help them in a positive way?.

Her article is exactly what a lot of people need. A kick in the ass for being fat and lazy. If they get offended for being that way, well, mission accomplished.

It's a choice. Most people could easily spend 45 minutes a few times a week exercising and also make healthier food choices. I personally swear by low carb. I think having a good quality of life when one is older requires being smart about food choices and exercising.

I do think Tikker is right in that metabolism plays a big role. I have friends (many Asian) who can eat anything and everything and never gain weight. I'm not that way, and have to work hard to keep in good shape. I do think diet and exercise promotes health and energy, so if one is sick all the time it could be just a simple manner of changing ones diet and getting off the PC or couch. On that note, I need to go level my Shaman.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:16 pm

I have no sympathy for otherwise healthy people who got fat as a result of their own poor choices.

I got heavy when I was younger. I stopped it from continuing. Unless you're injured or otherwise unhealthy and can't control your level of activity, you have no excuse.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jay » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:04 am

I'm curious what your guys view on fat shaming is? For me when i was in the process of losing weight my workout partner would drag me out of bed by calling me a tubby fuck. I hated that and it motivated me to work out. At the same time I know stuff like that has a limit and consequences. Where do we draw the line?

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:25 am

what about people with documentable thyroid problems

let's go ahead and make fun of them too, dickheads
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Spazz » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:33 am

I'm curious what your guys view on fat shaming is? For me when i was in the process of losing weight my workout partner would drag me out of bed by calling me a tubby fuck. I hated that and it motivated me to work out. At the same time I know stuff like that has a limit and consequences. Where do we draw the line?

I think shaming people is a shitty thing to do. Most adults got a million things on there plate and dont need to be dogged out when they already workin hard. There isnt a fat person alive who doesnt wish they were slimmer but at the end of the day sometimes you just odnt have a drive. If your not my woman and you be draggin me out of bed callin me a tubby fuck you better be prepped to buck.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Next

Return to Sports and LEEZure